Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

napa parts bad?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default napa parts bad?

I need to pick up a IM gasket and some brushes for a starter and alternator tomorrow so I can wrap up this swap I'm doing and it looks like I might be forced into using stuff from napa. I always thought of napa as cheap crap, so how bad is it that I use these parts? I'm usually super **** about using all OEM Honda parts so I dont really want to use them but I have no choice since the car needs to be finished tomorrow and Honda part desks are closed on saturdays.

So if I get the IM gasket and the brushes for my alt. and starter, how bad will they be exactly? Should I be looking into replacing them soon again or should they hold up fine? Only parts Ive ever had any experience with from Napa were they're axles and they were absolute ****.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You'll be fine.
-Rik
Old 09-22-2007, 01:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: napa parts bad? (GsDAteg)

I've never had any probs with electrical components from Napa.

NAPA parts are OEM quality or better. Their main customers are dealership and repair shops. They have to carry quality parts in order to keep the repeat sales from dealerships and repair shops. Walk in customers are a small fraction of business to them.

There are different grades of parts they sell though. For instance they have three part #s for axles for my car. The cheapest have the least amount of quality and the most expensive have the most quality. I would say that the NAPA cheap axle is ten times better than anything you could get from Auto Zone, Advance Auto, or Pep Boys. Plus NAPA offers a lifetime warranty on most parts.

How do I know this? My Father has been a warehouse manager for NAPA for close to 25 years. He is always talking about keeping strict quality control on the parts he receives.

Have no worries! NAPA FTW!
Old 09-22-2007, 02:42 AM

Default Re: napa parts bad? (Jabinya)

got 2 different distributor caps from napa, both didn't fit right, napa
i'll stick with shitzone
Old 09-22-2007, 05:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: napa parts bad? (jdmland)

the customer service at the NAPA here BLOWS!
Old 09-22-2007, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

actually Napas axles are indeed ****. I work for advance and people come in complaining about napa all the damn time. And 90% of it is from axles, then they buy the new ones from us which are lifetime warranty, then go home and live happily ever after.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i've never had a problem with napa parts.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Most parts found at napa are also found at most other auto parts stores. For reman axles most stores use cardone ( napa, autozone, etc). So if you like you are getting something better at another auto parts store, you not. Same part different box. I have never had any problems with napa. Like Jabinya said they rely on wholesale business, so they do sell quality stuff.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jabinya &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've never had any probs with electrical components from Napa.

NAPA parts are OEM quality or better. Their main customers are dealership and repair shops. They have to carry quality parts in order to keep the repeat sales from dealerships and repair shops. Walk in customers are a small fraction of business to them.

There are different grades of parts they sell though. For instance they have three part #s for axles for my car. The cheapest have the least amount of quality and the most expensive have the most quality. I would say that the NAPA cheap axle is ten times better than anything you could get from Auto Zone, Advance Auto, or Pep Boys. Plus NAPA offers a lifetime warranty on most parts.

How do I know this? My Father has been a warehouse manager for NAPA for close to 25 years. He is always talking about keeping strict quality control on the parts he receives.

Have no worries! NAPA FTW! </TD></TR></TABLE>

^^word^^
Old 09-22-2007, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I got my last set of brake pads there, all around, and havent had a problem, they work very well...
Old 09-22-2007, 01:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I work at a body shop and we use napa products all the time. 90% of the time we have no problems at all. Advanced Auto on the other hand sells the absolute worst products on the planet earth. If i had to choose any aftermarket garbage, i would go with NAPA
Old 09-22-2007, 02:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: napa parts bad? (matsgsr)

Ive used napa for some of my parts and they get no complaints from me... it also helps that my buddys father owns a NAPA by my house.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have gotten an axle from there and it was junk as well. Ended up piecing together an OEM honda one from a couple used ones. It worked like new.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I ended up getting the IM gasket and alternator brushes from them, they dont even stock starter brushes though so I couldnt do those. Pisses me off so much though, I had to get this motor back together today and NAPA was supposed to resurface my flywheel this morning and after having it for 3 hours called me back to tell me they couldnt do it, something about not being able to get the pins out. And of course on a saturday there was no place else open. So I had no choice to reuse the flywheel with a new clutch without getting it resurfaced. It didnt look too bad though and my buddy did clean it up a little with his drill and a sanding disk so hopefully there are no ill effects from not getting it resurfaced.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Napa is pricey