Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

My First 91 Integra DA Adventure!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My First 91 Integra DA Adventure!

Hello Everyone my name is Jay and im a Honda Noob!

Well this is my first ever Honda and i went with a 91 Integra DA with the B18A1 engine, Just picked it up this morning. This will be quite the adventure seeing as i have a few plans for her, definitely will be taking care of the body and having it repainted black.

Car is Bone stock apart from a new set of Yonaka Coilovers that had been installed by the previous owner. For its age and having 207,xxx miles on the clock its fairly clean and very well taken cared of, underneath has undercoating installed and is 90% rust free under.

Currently needs a headgasket installed and will be taken care of that next weekend. car has many new parts installed. more detailed photos to come.
Attached Images        

Last edited by Therealguy419; 05-21-2017 at 03:53 PM. Reason: added photos
Old 05-24-2017, 07:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My First 91 Integra DA Adventure!

Looks like a good blank canvas.

Work on the car while it is stock, removing interior parts and deep cleaning. You don't want to live in someone else's 25 years of filth.

Make sure all of the fluids are good (brakes, oil, transmission, coolant), then do a basic check and tune-up (brakes, spark plugs, wires). Keep a spare ignition coil and igniter in your glove box, and be familiar with how to replace them. These are known to go bad on this model car, and can leave you stranded if you are not prepared.

Start by replacing any worn bushings/bearings (they will be destroyed after all these years), which will make the car drive more smooth, and be more reliable. Do this before doing any go-fast parts.

Then, when you start modding, think out your goal and buy the best parts you can afford. Don't just throw random stuff at it, rather think about where you want it to go. That will keep you from wasting money by "re-buying" parts down the road.

Good luck!
Old 05-27-2017, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well got the head off today and sure was the head gasket. have a buddy getting me a b16a vtec head for it and dropping it onto the b18a block then have to flush the cooling system as there is oil in it. after that i should have it running and ready to go saturday afternoon.

Old 06-01-2017, 11:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'll admit I love my 92 DA. Recently installed a new Gates racing timing belt and water pump. The engine is out of my 91, and I'm up to 280k on the engine and transmission. (91 got hit, not my fault, found a 92 body for 300$) Just be prepared to cut your control arm bolts and replace the bushings. The "rear compensator arms" are a bit of a nightmare. Trailing arm bushings can be done with a hammer. I put poly bushings all around and new moog ball joints and tie rods. Only real bummer was the power steering lines failing. These cars also have a tendency to have broken suspension springs. I got some new springs for around 90$ ea. on ebay. I love the way these older cars feel compared to new cars. Can't help but enjoy knowing these are classic cars now!