Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

My DC4 Project

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 12:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My DC4 Project

Hello everyone, I own a 1994 Acura Integra RS. I just purchased this vehicle in late October of 2010. Although she does have quit a few problems, I love her to death. I am new to the "mechanic game" lol. I am more of the body work kind of guy. With that being said here are some of the issues with her. The car originally came with a B18b1 engine and automatic transmission, but the previous owner swapt the transmission with a 5-speed and a B18C1 engine. I have no clue what kind of tranny it is,but is there a name or number stamped on it to identify what kind of transmission it is like how the engines have the numbers stamped on them? Also this creates a few lights staying on inside my gauge cluster,the car will fire right up without pushing to the clutch pedal, and in order to get the key out of the ignition, I have to disconnect the battery lol. Also there is a cord not hooked up, I believe this is for the Vtec? I need a GSR computer for it lol. The last major issue with her is a few nasty rust spots, but all and all nothing a little time and effort can't fix. I am really excited about this project and amdieing to dump some serious cash into her. The main thing as of right now that I would like to do to her is replace the front bumper,fenders,tail lights and sidk skirts with the factory OEM parts, and hopefully steal a set of LS meshies for cheap lol. Also it would be nice to find the "H" type R emblem for her so I can do away with the dull "A" emblem, and I'm not going to worry about an emblem on the front bumper and won't need the "ACURA" emblem on the rear as well. Here are some pics of her current condition:

Last edited by 94IntegraRS; 11-17-2011 at 12:19 AM.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My DC4 Project

Did you mean bodywork as a profession, or to that car?

and yes trannys are stamped.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Casing on the tranny is stamped. It could be either a gsr or ls transmission.

Best way to figure it out is go in third gear, drive at 3000rpm, record speed (in miles per hour)

Drive in 5th gear, drive at 3000rpm, record speed in miles per hour. Compare to that of LS/GSR tranny

My guess is that it is a GSR tranny.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ManOverboard
Did you mean bodywork as a profession, or to that car?

and yes trannys are stamped.
Okay cool, thank you for that information. No i'm sorry, I went to a school here called Capital Area Career Center. It's a vocational school, and I took autobody while there. Also while growing up,dad always had a project and we'd always be sanding,fixing rust spots and dents lol.

Originally Posted by sebTeggy
Casing on the tranny is stamped. It could be either a gsr or ls transmission.

Best way to figure it out is go in third gear, drive at 3000rpm, record speed (in miles per hour)

Drive in 5th gear, drive at 3000rpm, record speed in miles per hour. Compare to that of LS/GSR tranny

My guess is that it is a GSR tranny.
Thank you very much. This information is greatly appriciated.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really don't like the tail lights, muffler, fenders, bumper, or sideskirts. But, to each, his own.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DirtyDA9
I really don't like the tail lights, muffler, fenders, bumper, or sideskirts. But, to each, his own.
He said he intended to replace them lol.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Tylermiller888
He'd better hurry up :D
This car is gonna take a lot of time and effort. Hope you got a really good deal on it...
Old 11-16-2011, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I tend to skim over huge posts hahaha Thank god he is changing them. They make my d!ck sad hahaha
Old 11-16-2011, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol, thanks for pointing that out for him.

Originally Posted by koss1229
He'd better hurry up :D
This car is gonna take a lot of time and effort. Hope you got a really good deal on it...
I paid $1000 for it, and yes a lot of time and effort. The main problem right now is money is a bit tight lol

I tend to skim over huge posts hahaha Thank god he is changing them. They make my d!ck sad hahaha
Yes all the parts you listed that you said you don't agree with do make the car appearance go in the toilet lol. By the looks of it all they just slaped the car together, she is missing a lot of bolts. As for the comment of your dick, thats just wierd lmao
Old 11-16-2011, 08:26 PM
Global Moderator

In for before and after pics..
Old 11-16-2011, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Jimmy
In for before and after pics..
lol, I can't wait for that part. Thanks for your interest
Old 11-16-2011, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So what are all your plans for this car? Like, what kind of engine mods? B18c1's are really nice platforms for performance. What are your plans for paint? Suspension? And you should get some nicer wheels then OEM meshies. With some nice azz wheels and your painting or body work skills, you could make this one BEAUTIFUL car! Good luck with everything man. Cant wait to see it when you get it back to factory body.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So what are all your plans for this car? Like, what kind of engine mods? B18c1's are really nice platforms for performance. What are your plans for paint? Suspension? And you should get some nicer wheels then OEM meshies. With some nice azz wheels and your painting or body work skills, you could make this one BEAUTIFUL car! Good luck with everything man. Cant wait to see it when you get it back to factory body.
As far as performance goes, I would love to bore it out and do all the nice internal work, and then put a turbo on her lol. I understand where your coming from on the wheels lol, I just think the LS meshies would be pretty cool powdercoated bronze with the Honda "H" center cap. For paint, I know it isn't that original but I really like the championship white. For the suspension, I'm wanting to run coil overs, and I am very excited about getting rid of the bodykit lol. I found a GSR front bumper for $50 in Peoria. Once I get that $50 I'm running up there and snaging that lol.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sweet
Old 11-16-2011, 09:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

MMMM I loves me a champ. white tegger!! Can't wait to see it dude. I'm in for before and after!
Old 11-16-2011, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Tak_9
sweet
Thank you

MMMM I loves me a champ. white tegger!! Can't wait to see it dude. I'm in for before and after!
Oh yes, these are sick white IMO lol, and great should be a great transformation.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

really rough...reminds me of when i got my teggy!! cant wait to see the progress!
Old 11-16-2011, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by honda_90
really rough...reminds me of when i got my teggy!! cant wait to see the progress!
Yes it is lol. By the sound of your signiture, you are doing a de-rice project as well. Don't ya just love these "cosmetic upgrades" lol.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Seeing as I can't sleep I guess I'll post a few pics of a little work I did yesturday to her.

I really don't care for that spoiler on her,but did quit a bit of thinking about replaceing it with the type R spoiler. So I came inside for a bit and viewed some threads on the Integra type R forum and googled some pics. I think that its a pretty cool idea.

I figured I get an early head start and remove the spoiler and was amazed at how good she looked without the spoiler aside from that nasty rust spot

Now that I've seen her without the spoiler that changed my mind about getting the type R spoiler and leaving her wing less. Also this will help save money for the engine parts lol. Will have more pics up later on today. I want to get some before and after pics of the rust spots and remove the trim.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'd pay 1K too, ****. yeah the body is messed up but for that price its okay. oem parts and youre good to go.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ManOverboard
I'd pay 1K too, ****. yeah the body is messed up but for that price its okay. oem parts and youre good to go.
lol,right my thoughts exactly.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Dope! Also, are you planning on shortnening that muffler or replacing it? Sticks out like a sore thumb!
Old 11-17-2011, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by sebTeggy
Dope! Also, are you planning on shortnening that muffler or replacing it? Sticks out like a sore thumb!
Lmao, I was wondering when someone was going to start on the muffler. Yes, I do plan on replaceing it with a catback system, just not sure on what brand yet lol. There are several that I do like. There is an Apexi one im looking into,Greddy,HKS, and a Skunk 2. What do you guys suggest?
Old 11-17-2011, 12:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm sure once you get ahold of a stock bumper, you can sell that and the sideskirts to help fund your car! lol

Nice find!
Old 11-17-2011, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Jeffaj20
I'm sure once you get ahold of a stock bumper, you can sell that and the sideskirts to help fund your car! lol

Nice find!
lol, yea and thanks. I am hopeing to get lucky and see if someone whould like to trade straight across part for part,but cash will do also lol

Quick Reply: My DC4 Project