Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

my current lsv-build

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: my current lsv-build

Originally Posted by kyden
i would ditch the underdrive pulley, it's an oil pump destroyer. i would also sell your msd setup, it's more trouble than its worth.

i honestly would have just done a stock motor with forged rods/pistons. 400whp is no problem on stock sleeves. save your money to buy a nice manifold instead of that ebay one you have.

i'm at 480whp, stock sleeves, no girdle, oem distributor. it's more about putting quality parts on than just throwing parts at it.
very nice numbers. yea the underdrive is going to go, it was never run anyways just purchased (oh well)
the msd distributor I didn't purchase it came with the motor..what kind of problems are arising from this?

..i've heard that the factory ls crank pully is also an oil pump destroyer..
gurdle Im not sure if im going to use yet..ive heard good and bad things about this.

the ebay manifold was free also and never ever will go on this engine..thats already sold btw.

quality over quantity..you are correct sir!

im really interested to hear why the msd ignition is not a good component to have?...
Old 12-06-2011, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea I would also like to know why the MSD is no good? What kind of manifold are you gonna run now that you got rid of the ebay one?
Old 12-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nothing wrong with the MSD billet dizzy. Great units. Early versions needed to be disassembled and lock-tite the bolts on reassembly. They use to let go, but haven't heard of this in awhile. Oh also the external coil driver can still die, so always carry a spare. Other then that myself and others continue to run them with no issues.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DirtyDA9
Yea I would also like to know why the MSD is no good? What kind of manifold are you gonna run now that you got rid of the ebay one?
any suggestions on a nice manifold that wont break my bank? I know lovefab makes some nice ramhorns that are always sitting on craigslist by my house for around 350-500$..
obviously a tubular manifold will be bought rather than a log mani..
Old 12-07-2011, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Bond
Nothing wrong with the MSD billet dizzy. Great units. Early versions needed to be disassembled and lock-tite the bolts on reassembly. They use to let go, but haven't heard of this in awhile. Oh also the external coil driver can still die, so always carry a spare. Other then that myself and others continue to run them with no issues.
I will make sure to go through this msd billet dizzy since I need to dissasemble my engine for the build.. thanks for the good advice.. never would have thought people would rag on a msd dizzy especially when it was free!!
Old 12-07-2011, 03:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by LIL DAn "lsv"
any suggestions on a nice manifold that wont break my bank? I know lovefab makes some nice ramhorns that are always sitting on craigslist by my house for around 350-500$..
obviously a tubular manifold will be bought rather than a log mani..
That's not a bad price at all. Check out GoAutoworks as well, good stuff, great prices.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

UPDATES: DECEMBER 18, 2011...

got home from break and decided to do some work. Currently the interior was gutted for some harness work, dash came out, all the seats, and I am currently pulling all the abs chassis harness from the body.

also decided to start cleaning up the bay for a re-spray of the original p-63 code paint (red.)/pass side had a little bit of rust that a wire wheel took care of.

while in the dash, I gutted the a/c box so there arent any ugly a/c lines sicking back into the bay, Im keeping the ducting for heat and heat only..if it werent for my buddy there wouldnt be any ducting, heat, heater/ac controls etc lol, But th dash is staying clean and original for the time being just w/out a/c..

more updates to come by the end of the week. lmk what you guys think
Attached Images       
Old 12-18-2011, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Good work my man You doing a wire tuck after paint? You're damn lucky you have a garage to work in, my garage is fulllll of honda/dsm parts, it's crazy haha. Plus I have a stripped dsm on jackstands right in front of the entrance lol. Here in pa lately it's been raining like crazy, now it's freeeezing cold.... I'm cleaning my damn garage out next summer, screw this! lol
Old 12-18-2011, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Good work my man You doing a wire tuck after paint? You're damn lucky you have a garage to work in, my garage is fulllll of honda/dsm parts, it's crazy haha. Plus I have a stripped dsm on jackstands right in front of the entrance lol. Here in pa lately it's been raining like crazy, now it's freeeezing cold.... I'm cleaning my damn garage out next summer, screw this! lol
no, im stripping the entire interior and the rest of the bay..
then its on to the wire tuck..
while in the process of wire tuck im going to wire wheel the bay, re-seal it, primer and paint the bay.
when the bay is done and the tuck is complete on the chassis its on to the engine harness tuck.
then while im still ordering suspension and brake parts i will start the paint/body work process!!
ONE THING AT A TIME MY FRIEND..
I hear ya on the garage space..theres snow on the ground here in wisconsin and its very cold so the garage is helping out a **** ton!

hopefully b4 i go back to college for the spring semester ill have the tuck completedd and the bay ready for paint..
then while im back at school ill start ordering suspension, brakes and the rest of the engine stuff i need for boost..

this upcoming summer ill finish the suspension, bay, and paint prep..then get this da9 down to my buddy's booth for paint followed by engine assembally..drop her in and then wait for boost parts to come in order...

whats your thought on a 12 point cage for this beast? Ill already be torn down enough to do it this summer...im just debating on whether or not to do it..
thoughts? shell still be driven on the street/track...AND YES... i dont care if i roll around during the summer on the streets with a cage as long as its clean!!
thanks for the interest in my build~!!!
Old 12-18-2011, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no, im stripping the entire interior and the rest of the bay..
then its on to the wire tuck..
while in the process of wire tuck im going to wire wheel the bay, re-seal it, primer and paint the bay.
when the bay is done and the tuck is complete on the chassis its on to the engine harness tuck.
then while im still ordering suspension and brake parts i will start the paint/body work process!!
ONE THING AT A TIME MY FRIEND..
I hear ya on the garage space..theres snow on the ground here in wisconsin and its very cold so the garage is helping out a **** ton!

hopefully b4 i go back to college for the spring semester ill have the tuck completedd and the bay ready for paint..
then while im back at school ill start ordering suspension, brakes and the rest of the engine stuff i need for boost..

this upcoming summer ill finish the suspension, bay, and paint prep..then get this da9 down to my buddy's booth for paint followed by engine assembally..drop her in and then wait for boost parts to come in order...

whats your thought on a 12 point cage for this beast? Ill already be torn down enough to do it this summer...im just debating on whether or not to do it..
thoughts? shell still be driven on the street/track...AND YES... i dont care if i roll around during the summer on the streets with a cage as long as its clean!!
thanks for the interest in my build~!!!
What kind of track? Drag or circuit track? If it's the drag strip I don't think you need a cage till you reach 10's (track rules). If it's a circuit track then I would look into a cage. Check out cusco cages, they are pre made for integra's, you can just bolt it in if you want, or weld it in. 12 point may be a little much for a dd (pain in the *** to get in and out, and for passengers aka. your girl). That sucks you can't touch your car till the end of every semester. I would be freaking out knowing that it will be months before I was able to touch my car again lol.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

right it does suck! Ill ep you guys posted with further details, going to loop the steering rack soon, and remove the brake lines.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Remember to take pictures!
Old 12-24-2011, 05:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah remember to take more pictures of me!!!!!!!!!! lol. Game plan for the week dan...swap the h2b in my dc2 and finish that wire tuck while i have the week off!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-25-2011, 01:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by silv00teg
Yeah remember to take more pictures of me!!!!!!!!!! lol. Game plan for the week dan...swap the h2b in my dc2 and finish that wire tuck while i have the week off!!!!!!!!!!!!
perfect son..

H2B will happen..
wire tuck finishin on ur car..lets haul ***..then get ur @$$ over to my crib and lets do my yes my wire tuck lol..
street slicks are mounted on the da.. lookin fresh as hell..

IT'S X-MAS..COME OVER TODAY..well work on my da and put some beers down for good ol times homie...
Old 12-25-2011, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dude nice build got that DA basically for nothing and crazy u got a 90 DA9 same yr u were born like me and dirtyda9 right lol!!?. Also don't worry if u talk 2 much so do I check my posts I be commenting on threads, I was hanging out with dirtyda9 last week when I bought his p30 pistons with Ls shot peened rods and arp rod bolts. I have a 90 DA9 shell im building to go Ls all-motor with crower cams or Lsv don't know yet. Wow another dude same age as me,dirtyda9 into DAs hello bro.
I'm still new to Hondas but I know some things here and there if u want to see how my DA shell looks like check dirtyda9s build thread pages I posted it there.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by teggyluva90
Dude nice build got that DA basically for nothing and crazy u got a 90 DA9 same yr u were born like me and dirtyda9 right lol!!?. Also don't worry if u talk 2 much so do I check my posts I be commenting on threads, I was hanging out with dirtyda9 last week when I bought his p30 pistons with Ls shot peened rods and arp rod bolts. I have a 90 DA9 shell im building to go Ls all-motor with crower cams or Lsv don't know yet. Wow another dude same age as me,dirtyda9 into DAs hello bro.
I'm still new to Hondas but I know some things here and there if u want to see how my DA shell looks like check dirtyda9s build thread pages I posted it there.
ive seen it! its looking good. I like the idea of all-motor ls or lsv..
either choice would be great imo.
it is funny 3 guys same age same cars..although im out here in the midwest..salt salt and more salt..
I did luck out though on this car.. best thing.. The guy I bought it from didnt have time to fix it up bc of kids and a girlfriend/full time work.
This car when it came home for the first night was complete with some banged up parts bone stock 205k on the o.d
suspension from factory is still pretty tight although it wont be there past a rolling shell.
brakes need overhaul, all though they arent rotted out, every electrical component worked,
no one cut holes in panels or bs like that, besides a ground and sub wires that were out of there in 5 minutes lol.
it turned from daily beater to mild tear down, to engine swap, to engine build, now this..
pretty much a full resto for suspension brakes engine trans stoc interior no back seat no a/c p/s, a/bs (;p lol)/ mo wiper blades motors, ac condensor dryer lines and the a/c box under dash is gutted, no sound dedning under dash as of last night, working a/c defroster..
going with lexan side windows soon lol..
school just holds me 268 miles away from this car during semester, although i might trailer it down idk yet..
progress as i find the time, buying parts paycheck after paycheck while at school lol...
here comes the update! look down lol
Old 12-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looking down lol jk

trailer this thing back to schoool!!!
Old 12-26-2011, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looking down lol jk

Word nothing I see NOTHING! yea what he said trailer it back to school if theres a place to put it.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

He can only work on his car everytime he has a break from school. I would definately bring it back with me lol
Old 12-26-2011, 07:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ive seen it! its looking good. I like the idea of all-motor ls or lsv..
either choice would be great imo.
it is funny 3 guys same age same cars..although im out here in the midwest..salt salt and more salt..
I did luck out though on this car.. best thing.. The guy I bought it from didnt have time to fix it up bc of kids and a girlfriend/full time work.
This car when it came home for the first night was complete with some banged up parts bone stock 205k on the o.d
suspension from factory is still pretty tight although it wont be there past a rolling shell.
brakes need overhaul, all though they arent rotted out, every electrical component worked,
no one cut holes in panels or bs like that, besides a ground and sub wires that were out of there in 5 minutes lol.
it turned from daily beater to mild tear down, to engine swap, to engine build, now this..
pretty much a full resto for suspension brakes engine trans stoc interior no back seat no a/c p/s, a/bs (;p lol)/ mo wiper blades motors, ac condensor dryer lines and the a/c box under dash is gutted, no sound dedning under dash as of last night, working a/c defroster..
going with lexan side windows soon lol..
school just holds me 268 miles away from this car during semester, although i might trailer it down idk yet..
progress as i find the time, buying parts paycheck after paycheck while at school lol...
here comes the update! look down lol
Thanks man I love my 90 DA shell!, I 2 love the idea Ls all-motor too and crazy right the 3 of us into the same car and met here on H-T small world. It's a drag tho you live far from us but hey when our DAs are finished lets meet at a Honda meet or something.

P.s. where's the update I looked down
Old 12-26-2011, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Remember to take pictures!
heres your pics brah.. worked 8 hours straight christmas day with my baby lol...

entire abs loom from ecu to bay to rear tail light along with chassis grounds OUT

ON THAT NOTE: since im at the point of madness with the tear down of cabin.. I'e decided no rear seats: belts, bolts, seats, brackets are out, and not coming back in.

the sound deadning under the dash from ecu pan to where our clock mounts on the dash is all out, weighed in at right around 15lbs..

a/c box where the ain lines from cabin to line in bay is out, re-installed gutted to a bar black box..
I am going to retain heat and defroster, yet no windshield wipers lol..
The motor was junk, so it came out..then went the rods and wiper blades lol.

yet to plug power steering..getting on that soon..

Once I decide if im going to put a mild cage in it or not im not messing with front belts..
if i do put the cage in, then the original belts, electronic tracks, and motors/ wiring from te main loom to pin will come out lol.

the car will retain front carpet, stock cluster for time being..

debating on whether im going to put lexan windows in the rear of the car ( 2 side b-c pillar windows in a triangle) ..would cut some nice weight.

antenna since it was messed up came out, im shaving it before paint, plugged up at time being.. so only aux/ cd on the radio will work lol..

at this point interior is staying out completely untill my subharness tuck, radio, dash, and hondata are all up and going with a power source.. battery is going in the rear..
and engines dropped in so shell be pretty naked for awhile lol.

untilll then im almost ready for tuck..
i need to loop the power steering, pull the brake lines from proportioning valve to master, the fuel canister and the heater core functions and ill be ready to sand the firewall and rails and spray primer.. itl sit like that till summer due to heating issues for paint, time b/c of nxt semester..

ill double up and do the subharness' in the fenders @ the same time..

heres some pics guys lmk what you think of christmas day interior tear down ( didnt break one tab!! the garage was cold too )

more progress to come by next week this time

almost forgot.. to my buddies out there in PA keep the work up, one day...one day well meet, race, and take pics

sorry for **** picks.. its a cell phone..
yes these are da9 rims..nothing odd about these nitto extreme drag 205/55/14's lolzz

to my haters in the sohc build threads.. may I wish you best of luck.. you know who you are !!!

" just keep my name outta yo' mouth and we can keep it the same, it aint that im too big to listen to the rumors ( caugh 350 whp lol) ITS just that im TOO D@MN BIG TO PAY ATTENTION TO EM,' thats the difference between me and you..."

word... brent i had too hah
Attached Images       
Old 12-26-2011, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks man I love my 90 DA shell!, I 2 love the idea Ls all-motor too and crazy right the 3 of us into the same car and met here on H-T small world. It's a drag tho you live far from us but hey when our DAs are finished lets meet at a Honda meet or something.

P.s. where's the update I looked down
sorry just updated lol took me longer to upload pics than i liked.. lmk what you think
Old 12-26-2011, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looking down lol jk

lol sorry picture uploads were slow...its down here somewhere are th pics up? with my huge paragraph? lol
Old 12-26-2011, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry just updated lol took me longer to upload pics than i liked.. lmk what you think
It's cool as long as u keep us updated lol and i think great work too much just 4 the abs hope my shell doesn't have abs have 2 go check it soon in 2 weeks cause where my shell is at it's an hour from me.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It's cool as long as u keep us updated lol and i think great work too much just 4 the abs hope my shell doesn't have abs have 2 go check it soon in 2 weeks cause where my shell is at it's an hour from me.
oh if you wanted you could just pull the pump and re route break lines/ proprtionin valve..
im doing a chase bay break tuck, and I wanted all the abs compontents from ecu pin to pump out and use that wiring for my subharness tuck..

lots of wire work going on over here my friend, major PITA, but i kinda enjoy it and this way ill know the entire harness incase i have problems..

Quick Reply: my current lsv-build