Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Mother Of Jebus... S2K HID Retrofit!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mother Of Jebus... S2K HID Retrofit!!!

Ok well I searched, then searched some more, took a nap. Woke up and did some more searching I found only one decent write up on this... and I tried it. I'm going to warn those of you who want to try this..... It's a long process which truly requires patience.
One headlight per day is the pace.

I haven't even completed it yet, but with one of them done I figured I would make a write up on the second one. I should have it done by tomorrow night if all goes swell.
Wish me luck. I'll post the pics and walk through tomorrow night.

***Edit!!!***

It's done! They look amazing! highly suggested it's a little time consuming but i love the look!

Ok now we get started. You gonna need to bouy some things.

Supplies I used
1. Clear Silicone RTV, razor blades, flat head screw driver(one you dont care to mess up), cut off wheel, makita drill and impact, philips head screw driver, drill bits nuts and bolts, washers, pliers, knife, heat gun, and i think thats it!

I purchase new headlights cause my old ones were F'ed beyond belief. And of course the projector assembly off an s2k.

Now we start. Remove the 4 metal clips that hold the headlight together and set them aside. Your going to need them so don't lose them. Then remove the breather tubes from the back of the headlights. there secured by those metal clips. Remove them the pop right off.

Now locate the Left/Right indicator and remove that. Its held on by 2 philips screws.

Ok now you must "BAKE" the headlight. I was at work and had no conventional oven to do so, therefore i used the heat gun. It took a little bit longer but still works the same. Separate the two half's completely and set the glass part aside.

Back out the adjusting screws all the way. There 2 size 8mm bolts. They do not come off of the assembly so don't try and pry them out.

Now release the black plastic clip form the headlight and it will come apart!

Now remove the lens and shroud held on by two philips screws. Then flip the headlight over and remove the bull. Thats also held on by two screws.

Heres a quick view of what you should have left.

Ok take note on how the cut of line is parallel to the block right next to it.
That is how you want your finished product to look.

Heres a quick comparison of the projectors. Notice the s2k is much bigger then the integra projector. That is why you have to cut away at the stock headlight piece to make it fit.

Now mark off what your going to cut. But before that remove the two adjusting clips so the dont get sherreded by accident.

Now mark of the s2k projector for cutting. Take the lens of first make sure you dont lose the gasket under it!

Heres the neat part, the stock shroud is the exact diameter of the outer diameter of the s2k shroud so you can use it to get the stock look.

Now you can start cutting!

Your gonna end up with this!

*******!

your gonna want to line up the cut of line to the stock block part . that assures you get an even line.

Your gonna have to trim the stock part some more to make it fit, just round it out!

Once you have it able to fit in there nice and snug you can drill the holes to secure it. Your gonna want at least three mounting locations. The more the better to ensure its centered.

Now this is all i had available to me so I had to make due with it!

Like so! make sure the two tops are lined up like so.

PLEASE!!!! be careful when tightening the bolts or what ever you use down. The metal is very brittle!

Once you have completed that part. you can reinstall the plastic clips and lens and shroud.

Then clean up all the gunk of the headlight. Some heat makes life easier.

Now reinstall the headlight back in the cover. and clip in the black clip first! Then screw in the adjustment screws.

This is what you should have after.

Reinstall the L/R indicator.

I used one tube of RTV per side. I suggest that so i doesn't leak!

Now reinstall the glass and put back the metal clips. This will help push all the air out of the channel it sits in!

Now just let them dry for the remainder of the day.

I installed it that night. Here are some pics.

BEFORE

Both

After

So far not a single complaint. I love them, good luck to those of you doing them you will like it i promise. Let me know what you guys think!

- Arturo

Modified by slo97coupe at 4:40 PM 3/7/2007

Modified by slo97coupe at 4:42 PM 3/7/2007
Old 03-05-2007, 05:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mother Of Jebus... S2K HID Retrofit!!! (slo97coupe)

Good luck with it and post some pics of it. I've been reading up on the s2k retrofit on hidplanet.com. There's a couple of people who do it and sell them but they charge a grip for them cause the s2k projectors cost alot.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:40 PM
* B A N N E D *

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Mother Of Jebus... S2K HID Retrofit!!! (CubanLynx84)

in for more info
Old 03-05-2007, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for taking the time to document the procedure

I look forward to it so I can finally do mine

Ali
Old 03-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mother Of Jebus... S2K HID Retrofit!!! (PrinceAli132)

What's the avg going price for a set of s2k projectors?
Old 03-05-2007, 07:27 PM
HT Black OPs

Default Re: Mother Of Jebus... S2K HID Retrofit!!! (erikiksaz1)

Please that would be nice.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:30 PM
They let me pick

In for the write up.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:42 PM

Default Re: Mother Of Jebus... S2K HID Retrofit!!! (mrdeadman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by erikiksaz1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What's the avg going price for a set of s2k projectors?</TD></TR></TABLE>
I bought mine for 250 I don't know if thats the average price, but after seeing the difference you too will want them....

Oh heres a little teaser... This is when I was about half way done with the first one... s2k projector in the headlight.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looks pretty good.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

this is gonna be sweet can't wait for the finished product
Old 03-06-2007, 02:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BAYsikDC4)

Did you get them off of ebay or private sale? I might do this at some point with either the TL or S2K projectors. Right now I have the E46 bi-xenons.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:10 PM

Default Re: (CubanLynx84)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CubanLynx84 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Did you get them off of ebay or private sale? I might do this at some point with either the TL or S2K projectors. Right now I have the E46 bi-xenons.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think the TL projectors are bigger then the s2k, no? I am thinking about doing another retro for kicks. I love my audi a6 retro because it gets the job done, but hell I am wishing for a cleaner cutoff and better output. ^ ^
Old 03-06-2007, 02:31 PM
HGZ
Honda-Tech Member

i currently have a 9006 HID kit..

if i were to purchase and retrofit S2K projectors into my headlights, would i be able to somehow re-base my HID kit bulbs to work with the S2K projectors?
Old 03-06-2007, 03:13 PM

Damn man I've been trying to do this setup for bout a year now....maybe u can do a step by step for me so when i do my i will now what to do...also can u let me noe where u got ur s2k projecters at cause I've been looking for some.. cant wait so see who it will look like..
Old 03-06-2007, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

good luck with the retrofit.... for those of you trying to do this, this has been covered many times before. the hardest part, i found, is cutting out the metal bracket found in the headlight and then positioning the bmw/lexus/audi/etc projector into it.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mystikalstriker)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mystikalstriker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I think the TL projectors are bigger then the s2k, no? I am thinking about doing another retro for kicks. I love my audi a6 retro because it gets the job done, but hell I am wishing for a cleaner cutoff and better output. ^ ^</TD></TR></TABLE>

Pretty sure the TL's are too big to fit or need a decent amount of modification to fit. You'd be better off with the tsx for simplicity.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HGZ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i currently have a 9006 HID kit..

if i were to purchase and retrofit S2K projectors into my headlights, would i be able to somehow re-base my HID kit bulbs to work with the S2K projectors?</TD></TR></TABLE>

You can buy kits to do that, but why spend all that time/money to ruin the retrofit with some cheap pnp bulbs.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:24 AM

Sorry guys.... I wrote the whole thing up yesterday at like 1 am and accidently closed the page so i will deffinately write it tonight!
Old 03-07-2007, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mystikalstriker)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mystikalstriker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I think the TL projectors are bigger then the s2k, no? I am thinking about doing another retro for kicks. I love my audi a6 retro because it gets the job done, but hell I am wishing for a cleaner cutoff and better output. ^ ^</TD></TR></TABLE>

The TLs are too big to fit properly. I have them in my headlights which i bought from a friend and they have no cut off. He said the cut off sheild woulnd't fit.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:45 PM

PICS ARE UP!!! and in no way 56 k friendly LOL
Old 03-07-2007, 01:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (slo97coupe)

NICE write up!!!! Once I find another set of 94-97 headlights, I'm going to attempt to do the same!!!
Old 03-07-2007, 08:24 PM

Sticky?
Old 03-07-2007, 08:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That yellow Snap On Box impresses me.

Awesome write-up, and thank-you for the time put into it. The results look amazing, with an ultra nice cutoff line.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:15 PM

Default Re: Mother Of Jebus... S2K HID Retrofit!!! (Tornadom)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tornadom &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That yellow Snap On Box impresses me.

Awesome write-up, and thank-you for the time put into it. The results look amazing, with an ultra nice cutoff line.</TD></TR></TABLE>

here ya go... hutch is on the way!

Old 03-07-2007, 09:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slo97coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">here ya go... hutch is on the way!</TD></TR></TABLE>

If only I had the money/space. Oh well, I am happy with my Craftsman stuff so far.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

great job

our school has same floor clean machine. lol

Quick Reply: Mother Of Jebus... S2K HID Retrofit!!!