Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

modified exhaust ticket

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default modified exhaust ticket

Last night I heading to the movie theaters and a cop had pulled me over . He was going to fine me for my HID'S and exhaust ticket but just ended up writing a ticket for my modified exhaust . I'm currently running a full cat-back Apexi Dunk, is there anything such as a street legal exhaust? My exhaust isn't loud and there's no way my exhaust can be an disturbance. Do I have to replace my exhaust with my stock ?
Old 06-02-2003, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: modified exhaust ticket (PolySquared)

I thought there was some law in LA county now that cops couldn't do that. In any case, I think any exhaust made by apex'i is street legal. You should be able to find the paperwork and prove that. You're only screwed if you did something to the exhaust that changes it from how it was when you bought it.
Old 06-02-2003, 10:08 AM

its all bullshit man... thats a case when cops have absolutely nothing better to do than to give out tickets. i used to have a tanabe racing med on my teg and i got several tickets with it. i wouldnt bother puting your stock exhaust back on unless you just want to..i mean u already spent the $ for the exhaust..u might as well rock it u know. that sucks tho, believe ive been there. cops just given u a hard time.
Old 06-02-2003, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is such bull!! the only reason he should be able to give you a ticket is for being over the alotted db level and even then he has to test with you then and there. according to the smog ref, they could give a **** what you put after your cat as long as you are within the db level.
Old 06-02-2003, 10:18 AM

Default Re: modified exhaust ticket (MAV3RiCK478)

I'm glad I live in Texas.
Old 06-02-2003, 10:23 AM

Default Re: modified exhaust ticket (acuraholic)

Yup... Know how it feels man. I got pulled over dozen of times cause they ssay they are gonna start enforcing the law which doesn't allow modified exhaust. I don't even have the greddy cat but i went on the net and print out the 50 state legal crap, so that everytime when they are about to write me the ticket i show him the paper work, so that he doesn't look for something else to write me up on. I post b4 about the outrageous ticket that i got. but i got flamed so i never gonna post **** like that.

So i suggest print out that stuff for apexi or another brand that is 50 state legal and go to court. Def win!
Old 06-02-2003, 10:46 AM

Default Re: modified exhaust ticket (JuuKe_EM)

just go to your local greddy dealer or call them yourself and have them fax a greddy EVO exhaust deciple test saying it past and just show the pig and have him sign it off and your set to go
Old 06-02-2003, 10:49 AM

i think the stock muffler can fit the hks piping.. so u can just show the cop... i think i might have the greddy paper work.. i go look.. pm me..u might have to modif the paper work..
Old 06-02-2003, 10:52 AM

Default Re: (SpoodgeDc2)

the ticket is most likely not for the looks of a modified exhaust.. most likely its a deciple test type of ticket.. you need the paper.. as long as it ses integra and it fall in the same year as yours then you will be ok, trust me .. i jsut did mine on my car a week ago . didnt have to take the exhaust off at all
Old 06-02-2003, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PolySquared &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Last night I heading to the movie theaters and a cop had pulled me over . He was going to fine me for my HID'S and exhaust ticket but just ended up writing a ticket for my modified exhaust . I'm currently running a full cat-back Apexi Dunk, is there anything such as a street legal exhaust? My exhaust isn't loud and there's no way my exhaust can be an disturbance. Do I have to replace my exhaust with my stock ?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont know how it works there
but in NY
we just fool them by getting a recipt from a shop
stating that the system was replaced
and thats all
another one did the cop had a DB meter at the time of citation..

they are just busting chops here in
NY cause of that a hole
blomberg

Old 06-04-2003, 08:34 PM

Default Re: modified exhaust ticket (N T R Z R)

http://www.apexi-usa.com/produ...n.pdf

here is a apexi chp file about modified exhaust. Is this enough proof that i'm able to keep my exhaust back on? btw, its a adobe file. Yes, its a bs ticket
Old 06-04-2003, 09:20 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PolySquared &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Last night I heading to the movie theaters and a cop had pulled me over . He was going to fine me for my HID'S and exhaust ticket but just ended up writing a ticket for my modified exhaust . I'm currently running a full cat-back Apexi Dunk, is there anything such as a street legal exhaust? My exhaust isn't loud and there's no way my exhaust can be an disturbance. Do I have to replace my exhaust with my stock ?</TD></TR></TABLE>

most of the time you can just take it to a chp office and get it signed off. i know one chp office that they don't even check, just bring them your ticket and they'll ask u did u change it and you say yes and they'll sign it off. it off the 10 west on washington...going towards santa monica.
Old 06-04-2003, 09:24 PM

Default Re: modified exhaust ticket (GirlyGS-R)

And if all that fails, just plead "Not Guilty" and fight it in court. Most likely it'll be dropped because the officer never actually tested the exhaust with a decibel meter.

That's what happened to me. The judge had to dismiss my modified exhaust violation because he asked the cop if he tested it with the proper equipment and the officer said "No".
Old 06-04-2003, 09:27 PM
Nikon!!!

Default Re: modified exhaust ticket (GirlyGS-R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GirlyGS-R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

most of the time you can just take it to a chp office and get it signed off. i know one chp office that they don't even check, just bring them your ticket and they'll ask u did u change it and you say yes and they'll sign it off. it off the 10 west on washington...going towards santa monica.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yep this is true i was the one always going to the CHP office with girlyGs-R for stupid exhaust tickets. 28 L.A. county ticks withing 1.5 years! i practically worked at the CHP office
Old 06-05-2003, 05:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that sucks
how much is the ticket for?
Old 06-05-2003, 06:05 AM

god i love iowa. People here if they dont want a cat they take it off, not bore one out and put a pipe through it. I dont think cops know how to write a ticket for that.
Old 06-05-2003, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i had the same prob i have a a'pex N1 exhaust and got a ticket for that jst slapped my silincer on it nd i was good to go Only paid 10 bucks for the fix it ticket but still went to court cause im only 17
Old 06-05-2003, 09:52 AM

Default Re: (HeyMikeyyyy)

Yay for Oregon. See up here you can only get an exhaust ticket if it is over a certain DB limit. All you have to do if you want to kill the ticket is go to court and claim that it is actually below that limit, and no judge in hell cares enough to actually have go prove it. And since the DB limit is actually pretty high, not many exhausts actually violate it, so even if you were forced to prove it (and theres no mandated testing for this), you'd probably win anyway. Not that you couldnt just stick a silencer in the end for the test or something anyway lol.
Old 06-05-2003, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PolySquared &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://www.apexi-usa.com/produ...n.pdf

here is a apexi chp file about modified exhaust. Is this enough proof that i'm able to keep my exhaust back on? btw, its a adobe file. Yes, its a bs ticket</TD></TR></TABLE>
What city was this in and was it the CHP or as I call them AAA with a badge?
Old 06-05-2003, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I got pulled over the other day and got an "unlawfully modified exhaust" ticket. It sucks, it was like 9:30 pm and i wasn't even revin it out. I practically coasted by him. but the fawker still pulled me over. I have a cat-back Apexi N1 on my Teg. Does anyone know if this exhaust is in fact legal in Maryland? I'm taking it to court to try and fight it, so the more paper work i can show, the better. And does anyone know the exact laws for Maryland on modifying your exhaust?
Old 06-05-2003, 11:20 AM

your rcw should tell you what the noise level is. cops will tell you 'if it's not a stock exhaust then it's illegal' is bs. a lot of times it will state if it's certified, modified exhauste can be legal. go read your rcw. if not consult a lawyer.
Old 06-05-2003, 11:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: modified exhaust ticket (ALL MOTOR LS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ALL MOTOR LS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I got pulled over the other day and got an "unlawfully modified exhaust" ticket. It sucks, it was like 9:30 pm and i wasn't even revin it out. I practically coasted by him. but the fawker still pulled me over. I have a cat-back Apexi N1 on my Teg. Does anyone know if this exhaust is in fact legal in Maryland? I'm taking it to court to try and fight it, so the more paper work i can show, the better. And does anyone know the exact laws for Maryland on modifying your exhaust?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Dont even try to fight that one...there is nothin you can do about it unless he said take a pic and bring it to court....trust me.....
Old 06-05-2003, 11:22 AM

Default Re: modified exhaust ticket (94ls)

bullshit....fight it and win!!!!
Old 06-05-2003, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

anything aftermarket is illegal and when your when you see that it is 50 state legal(or whatever)that just means its smog legal....like you can pass inspection.....Ive got three of those exhaust tickets and there isnt anyway around em....
Old 06-05-2003, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I heard that exhaust tickets are no longer "Fix-It" tickets in So Cal, its just a straight up ticket now. Maybe this only applies to Orange County.

Quick Reply: modified exhaust ticket