Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Ls vtec or full gsr swap?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ls vtec or full gsr swap?

Originally Posted by Hatchman_Josh
from the looks of things ls vtec can be a great builders project. But the gsr is a great stock upgrade.
Where were you about 70 posts ago?
Old 09-22-2010, 03:07 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

OP sucks for posting this and causing all this drama and wasting out time then not even having the decency to respond

Big :thumbsdown: for you
Old 09-22-2010, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

LOL, I think he D.(No offense)
Old 09-22-2010, 03:24 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Haha he what?
Old 09-22-2010, 03:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

D-series
Old 09-22-2010, 03:55 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

No ****...

LMAO
Old 09-25-2010, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wow sorry to bring up a old thread but wow.
cant believe in this day and age ppl still crying lsv is unreliable as in if trial and errors have not been done and concluded. no ish a lsv will have problems? you know how ppl dont do them right. ppl are still tapping heads the wrong way, ppl are still using oem headgaskets, ppl are still doing alot of things that they dont understand what there doing.
of course a ls block or for any matter any block can handle being pushed 1k or sometime 2k over redline. ish willl happen thats why companies like golden eagle,cometic,blox,t1, have products for lsv. nowadays you can buy the parts that's needed to do a proper lsv and will smoke any stock r and def any stock gsr
Old 09-25-2010, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by area522010
wow sorry to bring up a old thread but wow.
cant believe in this day and age ppl still crying lsv is unreliable as in if trial and errors have not been done and concluded. no ish a lsv will have problems? you know how ppl dont do them right. ppl are still tapping heads the wrong way, ppl are still using oem headgaskets, ppl are still doing alot of things that they dont understand what there doing.
of course a ls block or for any matter any block can handle being pushed 1k or sometime 2k over redline. ish willl happen thats why companies like golden eagle,cometic,blox,t1, have products for lsv. nowadays you can buy the parts that's needed to do a proper lsv and will smoke any stock r and def any stock gsr
again, a lot of guys trying these aren't aware of the drawbacks or how to correct them. second the parts list gets expensive, third, if it smokes a stock R it has larger cams and or more compression than the said R
Old 09-25-2010, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by idrivesideways
again, a lot of guys trying these aren't aware of the drawbacks or how to correct them. second the parts list gets expensive, third, if it smokes a stock R it has larger cams and or more compression than the said R
wow cant believe you even said that. im guessing you think its hella expensive to do a right lsv?. and maybe im some super builder or maybe where im from we know something that nobody else dont know. my b20 with a completely stock gsr head exhaust,intake and coil smoked my buddies r up and down the hway years ago. i didnt come close to $1000 on parts and ran it for a year no prob
Old 09-25-2010, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow cant believe you even said that. im guessing you think its hella expensive to do a right lsv?. and maybe im some super builder or maybe where im from we know something that nobody else dont know. my b20 with a completely stock gsr head exhaust,intake and coil smoked my buddies r up and down the hway years ago. i didnt come close to $1000 on parts and ran it for a year no prob
and i doubt it would make it an entire day at the track on an aggressive lap day. a stock b20 can not take sustained high rpm driving. a stock R can. even in street driving, a stock itr can go 200k and that's not being driven gently. do you seriously think a b20v can achieve this in stock form?

also, a b20 is not an lsv, it's a b20v, there is a displacement advantage over the R. a stock 20v with a gsr head and single runner manifold in a similar weight car should be 2-4 tenths quicker than a stock R, if given R cams it's a solid 4 tenths, maybe 5. so, if drag racing is your thing it's a cheap way to go for the short term but i have seen more than a few of these fly apart. one of my friends did make it something like 25 nights of drag racing on a stock 20 bottom end before it died. from my point of view that was really a long life for a crv engine going to 8600

what surprised me the most about the stock R vs a b20v is where the b20 is faster, it's above 60mph. i raced one last year in my stock R and it was dead even till 60mph or so, above that was where i was watching him pull, it was 3rd gear on. same gears too. the race came out to 14.8@96 and change to 14.5@98 and change. 60ft times were similar and everything. i seriously expected the higher torque curve to show itself earlier.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

been stuck on this ls vs gsr and i finally decided on a GSR....now i just need to find out what turbo setup i am going for......
Old 09-25-2010, 07:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by luisyfz
been stuck on this ls vs gsr and i finally decided on a GSR....now i just need to find out what turbo setup i am going for......
want it to live? find the best tuner in your area and keep it under 400whp, under 300whp if you drive like a nut.

upgrade your radiator and add an oil cooler if you can swing it. heat is going to be your new biggest enemy.

if e85 is available in your area, i would suggest building your car around it.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

and i doubt it would make it an entire day at the track on an aggressive lap day. a stock b20 can not take sustained high rpm driving. a stock R can. even in street driving, a stock itr can go 200k and that's not being driven gently. do you seriously think a b20v can achieve this in stock form?

also, a b20 is not an lsv, it's a b20v, there is a displacement advantage over the R. a stock 20v with a gsr head and single runner manifold in a similar weight car should be 2-4 tenths quicker than a stock R, if given R cams it's a solid 4 tenths, maybe 5. so, if drag racing is your thing it's a cheap way to go for the short term but i have seen more than a few of these fly apart. one of my friends did make it something like 25 nights of drag racing on a stock 20 bottom end before it died. from my point of view that was really a long life for a crv engine going to 8600

what surprised me the most about the stock R vs a b20v is where the b20 is faster, it's above 60mph. i raced one last year in my stock R and it was dead even till 60mph or so, above that was where i was watching him pull, it was 3rd gear on. same gears too. the race came out to 14.8@96 and change to 14.5@98 and change. 60ft times were similar and everything. i seriously expected the higher torque curve to show itself earlier.
wow what have h-t come to im lucky i been doing this for a while. because if i was a noob i be sooooooooo confused or clueless. i cant believe ppl are still spilling out misinformation or dont have a clue what there talking about.
i dont know you or how long you been building but here in boston i been doing it for a very long time we ran and still do run b20v, lsv, type r, h2b doesnt matter some of these dudes been running there setup for a while and you here talking about i must have never ran it hard at the track the same street i live on the dragway on. and yea i go to the track and granny shift and run 19''s your stating what your setup or what you have ran if you didnt know by now its 2010 how your driving style similar to mine im guessing because of how i write you know

and wow 14.5 @98 well i ran a 14.099 @105 could have ran a 13.9 if i would have ran lower psi. so before you start throwing out numbers of what your car ran or the guy you ran ask or do a little research
Old 09-28-2010, 06:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ExtraBlackRex
No K series out the box will deliver the Performance for Cost ratio as an H Series, namely the TYPE S which can always be done for less then half the money of a K and still put down as much if not more power. The ECU alone to run a K series in another chasis runs close to 2500 depending where you're getting it from, that's absolutely insane to spend on when u can get the same or better results out the box with an H.
your misinformed....

Kseries own H22s... H22s are very capable engines but its gonna take ALOT to outperform a K20... It would take a shitload of bolt ons to keep up with a RBC'd K20 in equal chassis...

ive seen a full interior EG hatch with a fat 300lb driver run 13.0 in complete stock k20... Your never gonna do that with a h22... If your the type that likes gutting your car there are people running deep in the 12s withs RBC'd K20s... That same car was pulling on a 8-10psi Type SH prelude... And I was riding in the k20hatch and I weigh 275 with a 300lb driver... Vs The Turbo Lude with 165lb driver and his 120 girlfriend... I couldnt beleive it cuz I use to own an 01 Type SH...

If you knew what you were talking bout... You would know that its really the transmission... Honda put an arm and leg into those trannies... And they really wake up when swapped into a lighter chassis... Even tho H22 motors puts out good numbers... Their trannies are garbage...

It simply comes down to a if you want a stock engine and keep the honda reliability to run 12s or you want an h22 with I,H,E cams, intake manifold, tune and maybe more to do the same...

Their gonna cost the same amount...

And you should really know what you talking bout... Kpro cost $1020 brandnew... And I seen go as cheap as $800 used...

Get ur facts str8 buddy...
Old 09-28-2010, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wow what have h-t come to im lucky i been doing this for a while. because if i was a noob i be sooooooooo confused or clueless. i cant believe ppl are still spilling out misinformation or dont have a clue what there talking about.
i dont know you or how long you been building but here in boston i been doing it for a very long time we ran and still do run b20v, lsv, type r, h2b doesnt matter some of these dudes been running there setup for a while and you here talking about i must have never ran it hard at the track the same street i live on the dragway on. and yea i go to the track and granny shift and run 19''s your stating what your setup or what you have ran if you didnt know by now its 2010 how your driving style similar to mine im guessing because of how i write you know

and wow 14.5 @98 well i ran a 14.099 @105 could have ran a 13.9 if i would have ran lower psi. so before you start throwing out numbers of what your car ran or the guy you ran ask or do a little research

if you were at 105 the car was either a good deal lighter than 2650 or the engine was more powerful.

if you're telling me a stock b20 bottom end and stock gsr head, with stock gsr cams took a stock weight integra to 105mph in the 1/4 i would have to see it to believe it. that's a little outside the norms.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:24 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

lmao still goin in this thread sideways???

Name:  ThreadFail.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  34.5 KB
Old 09-28-2010, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if you were at 105 the car was either a good deal lighter than 2650 or the engine was more powerful.

if you're telling me a stock b20 bottom end and stock gsr head, with stock gsr cams took a stock weight integra to 105mph in the 1/4 i would have to see it to believe it. that's a little outside the norms.
Quiet golf applause please. As far as reliablity goes on the b20v. I had a stock b20b block with a stock b16a vtec head in my dads track car for awhile. No modifications to anything. Just dropped the vtec head on the block. It lasted 16 20 minute qualifying sessions and 8 half hour long races shifting at 8600 rpm. And the block didnt let go. the LMA's went on it so I replaced them then an exhaust valve fragged. I still have the block as a back up just in case. I think I wound up with a jewel of a b20 personally because i have heard of people running the same setup and it only lasting 2 weekends of racing. But just my $0.02. I still prefer a good type r or gsr motor any day though. but thats just me. everyone is entitled to make and argue their own opinion even though it usually turns into a ****-talking contest but thats beside the point.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Black01gsr
Listen to this man, he speaks only truth.
I have had both I use to drive a boosted 96
ls/vtech civic hatch and the cash I spent fixing
problems almost felt endless, now I drive a 01
gsr teg. You shouldn't wonder why.

Well next time don't buy parts from a scrap yard to built it...I got ls vtec on mine going on 2 years and being the **** off it and I see gsr I'm my rear mirror all the time and now I'm going turbo on it... not to hate but some people do it right and some cut comers and it comes out like ****....
Old 11-22-2011, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wait to revive a dead thread.
Old 01-07-2015, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by racebum
if it's all motor it has to be big, i've never seen a 1.8L push past 230ish-whp. come to think about it, i wonder what the HP wall really is at 1.8L it's either rpm limited or cylinder head limited

back to endyn again. they did an article about a road race 300hp B series they built but it was a 2.2L based on the dart block
I have a built ls vtec all motor that was dyno'd at 220 and I have a built bottom end and a b16a head with just cams. I don't even have a port n polished head. I wish I would have done that but I didn't have the money for it at the time. Car rips like crazy and I love it. Who knows what I could get out of a pnp. Maybe another 20-30 hp is my guess.