Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

loud noise, from front left side, when turning to the right?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2001, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default loud noise, from front left side, when turning to the right?

when i turn to the right, with my wheels cut a good bit, i can hear a sound like a rubbing sound. sounding with every wheel spin, had my rotors resurfaced about 3 months ago, and they forgot to put in one of the rotor screws, on my front left side, could that be it, or could it maybe be the rotors or brakes themselves? please let me know, what u think
Old 06-25-2001, 09:45 PM
New User

Default Re: loud noise, from front left side, when turning to the right? (Comptech98GSR)

hey,

ever though about your bearings?
Old 06-25-2001, 10:50 PM

Default Re: loud noise, from front left side, when turning to the right? (ChoisVTEC)

what do u mean ever thought about it? what caused them to mess up, if it is that?
Old 06-27-2001, 07:52 AM
New User

Default Re: loud noise, from front left side, when turning to the right? (Comptech98GSR)

My 98 GSR does, well did, the same thing. Some of the plastic in the upper fender well somehow came loose. It then sagged about an inch, just enough to make the tire rub when I turn the wheels to the right. Turn your wheels to the right then look at the tire to see where its making contact the car. I used a razor knife to remove the small section that was rubbing. Hope this helps
Old 06-27-2001, 08:40 AM
New User

Could also be your CV Joint (Constant Velocity). basically there are two "joints' (no 420 jokes please!) on each axle...an inner and an outer. I've had to replace these on several cars I have owned in the past. Usually trouble is caused by a tear or rip in the protective boot that covers the joint that keeps rocks and dirt away from the bearings. Get under the car and look at where the axle meets the back of the suspension assembly...you'll see a black rubber boot around the end of the axle. check for grease splatters around in this area. If you find some grease...look at the boot and determine if it has a tear in it. If it does..get it replaced by a good auto shop...the joint is probably shot as well so they'll replace it too. The axles I've had to replace were about 100-150 bucks for the part and about 100 for the labor (ouch!) ...So, I hope this isn't the issue with the noise you're hearing. But...it's something to check out!
Later...
Old 06-27-2001, 10:04 AM
kg
Trial User

Default Re: loud noise, from front left side, when turning to the right? (GSR-REX)

it probably isn't a CV joint because its a rubbing sound. if a CV joint was bad you should here a "CLICK CLICK CLICK". I would have to think that it has something to do with your rotors.
Old 06-27-2001, 11:46 AM

Default Re: loud noise, from front left side, when turning to the right? (kg)

yea, i don't know what the deal was, but it magically went away. i don't hear it anymore.? Weird, thanks for the help anyways guys
Old 06-27-2001, 10:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've head a sound similar. It sounds like a metal piece is bubbing on the wheels or brakes. When i turn the wheel one way it gets louder, and quieter the other way. It will go away in 5-10 minutes. Im not too worried about it, but it has happened to me twice. I dont know what the heck it is!
Old 06-27-2001, 10:44 PM

Default Re: loud noise, from front left side, when turning to the right? (Grandprix)

well i made a sharp right turn today, and i heard it again, it sounds like the rotors hitting the pads, or something, becuase it makes the noise with each wheel rotation, kinda like screch......... screch....... screch..... screch...... don't laugh. but that's what it sounds like
Old 06-28-2001, 06:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

mine can do it to but only when i turn real sharp for a while and its the tire rubbing the fender well. hope this helps chow
Old 06-28-2001, 07:03 AM
kg
Trial User

its probably your rotors. i just replaced mine and i had the same "scretch... scretch" noise. i think that is all the corrosion rubbing.
Old 06-28-2001, 11:54 AM

it could be ur rims rubbing against your wheel well. depends on ur drop and the size of ur rims.
Old 06-28-2001, 04:59 PM

Default Re: loud noise, from front left side, when turning to the right? (MRXMUFFIN)

no it's not my rims, rubbing my fenderwell, but it might be my rotors, i am going to have them check tommorow, i will let everyone know what the culprit was. Later.......
Old 06-28-2001, 06:09 PM
New User

My car used to make a rubbing noise like that and then I remembered that the neighbor's cat had been sleeping under the car. Sure enough there he was and wasnt in the wheelwell. Damn and that cat actualy liked me.
Old 06-28-2001, 08:00 PM
New User

Default Re: loud noise, from front left side, when turning to the right? (slowerthanu)

I'd bet it's your bearings.
Old 06-28-2001, 09:30 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

i dont know if this applies to your car, but my car also makes some type of rubbing sound, but its metal rubbing not plastic.

i looked closely and foundo what was wrong with my car. it was the metal plate that protected the rotors or somthing like that.

check the metal plate to see if its rubbing anything. you can see the metal plate just but turing your wheels outward. i'll try to take a pic if you dont know what i am talking about.
Old 06-28-2001, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This might be a dumb suggestion, but make sure it's not loose lugnuts on a wheel on the left side. My friend's eclipse was doing that one night and we couldn't find the source of the noise. By the time he found the problem the next afternoon, he had already lost one lugnut and 3 more were loose enough to tighten by hand. The place that mounted his tires didn't torque down the lugnuts.

If not that, then could be the bearings like already mentioned.
Old 07-08-2001, 05:37 PM
New User

Ok I HAD the same problem. The noise that I was hearing was a chirping sort of noise kinda like a bird when I turned left, accelerated, drove over small bumps etc... The problem was with my upper front strut bar(neuspeed). So check that and see if that's the problem, when I took it out the noise was ummmm GONE. Now I'm open to ideas on how to make the squeeking stop when I put it back on, is there there som lubricant sort of stuff I can put on or rubber washers or something? Ideas please.
Thanks
Old 07-08-2001, 11:49 PM

Default Re: loud noise, from front left side, when turning to the right? (integman)

oh my whole car squeeks terrible around installing my KYB AGX's and Eibach Pro Kit, but their is some factory bushings that need to go in, to make that stop, but i think it is either my pads or rotors, that is making the noise, i wil find out tommorow for sure. Thanks everyone. Anyone know what bushing i am talking about?