Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Just got a fix it ticket

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got a fix it ticket

Whats up guys, today at 10:30 I was driving away from subway when I see a highway patrol speed behind me and put the lights on me. So I pulled over, I took out my license, registration and proof of insurance and gave it to him. I asked him what was the reason for pulling me over and he said "your windows are tinted, its illegal to have them tinted" and I said "how would you know if my windows were down the whole time?" The officer then changed the subject and said "your exhaust is illegal" and then I told him it was C.A.R.B legal. I told him its a Greddy Evo II catback exhaust which is Legal. He then nodded his head and said "POP YOUR HOOD" in my head I was like "I dont have anything illegal" but I told him he was violating my fifth amendment and I told him to give me his badge number. It looked like he was shock when I told him that, and regardless he still wanted me to open my hood. So I did as he said, then he looked around trying to see if I had anything illegal and then he said "Do you have the carb sticker for the header" I was like WTF? Im running a stock header...? So I told him they were stock, again I asked him for his badge number since he didnt give it to me the first time. He asked me "Why do you want it?" And i told him he was violating my fifth amendment after I pleaded the fifth. He then went back to his car and got the measuring tape. I was like oh hell nah this foo just wants to find an excuse to give me a ticket. He then goes to the front of my car and measures it, he tells me "Do you know what the legal height is?" And I told him I thought it was 18in from the middle of the headlight. He then tells me, " Im just gonna give you a fix it ticket for the window and you'll be on your way." I was like are you serious!!! Damn cops are just trying to f**k with you to find an excuse to get you... But my respect to the cops and their duties... What is the legal height for a car? I thougt it was 18in but the cop said it wasn't. ???????????????????????
Old 04-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Just got a fix it ticket (Nicks95GSR)

What state are you from, different states have different codes. Some states are 18, some are 20, some are 24"
Old 04-11-2008, 02:06 PM
LAO
Banned

WOW talk about abusing his powers.

damn thats some fukkkked up ****...you should def. get a lawyer for that one, i wouldnt play around w. a rookie like him, serve his *** so he learns his lesson. His *** def. needs to try to pull this **** on me, last two cops that did this were embarassed when they left the court house after the judge presented me as not being guilty.

what state are you in?
Old 04-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Genetically Gay

Default Re: (LAO)

yeah,they definately get u for the tint window.!as for other things i would'nt worry about cause its legal.and u only got a fix ticket.i don't know why they try to measure the heaght of your car.maybe the officer don't want u to f-up your car for being to low.they might of as well pick on trucks that are 10feet off the ground for being to high!!
Old 04-11-2008, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (KILLAB17VTEC)

dude, that has too suck.
thats only happend to me once, and he kept bugging me about my badges being wrong, and i couldnt do it. hahah

i dont see why you cant have a honda emblem on a acura?

hahah, i say fight that ticket bro!
Old 04-11-2008, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (The_Ricky_Is)

I GOT PULLED OVER FOR THE HONDA EMBLEMS ON MY DC TOO. I EXPLAINED TO HIM "JDM" AND HE SAID "OK" THEN PROCEEDED TO DO A HALF HOUR VIN CHECK AND LET ME LOOSE
Old 04-11-2008, 05:30 PM
Daisy... Daisy...

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

FYI: all catback exhausts are CARB exempt. Also, the fourth amendment to the US Constitution protects against illegal search and seizure.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by all-mtr-teg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What state are you from, different states have different codes. Some states are 18, some are 20, some are 24"</TD></TR></TABLE>

I would say CA.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i got one for getting out of work and warming my car up before i left and found an excuse to give me a ticket because i had no front plate on my bumper
Old 04-11-2008, 08:58 PM

Default Re: (clean3two3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by all-mtr-teg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What state are you from, different states have different codes. Some states are 18, some are 20, some are 24"</TD></TR></TABLE>

California, he told me the state law headlight height is 22in. I thought it was 18in?anyone know the actual "legal height"?
Old 04-11-2008, 09:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Nicks95GSR)

sounds like just another ******* cop just trying to bust some *****, or meet some quotas.

for knowing your ****. his badge number should be on the ticket
Old 04-11-2008, 10:14 PM

Default Re: (Blahblah718293)

In cali its 22" my friend got a fix it for that
Old 04-11-2008, 11:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (LAO)

CA is 22 inches I think. I was in san diego last year in my cousins slammed dc2 and got pulled over. Cop said "the front of your headlights must be a minimum height of 22 inches read vertically"

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LAO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> WOW talk about abusing his powers.

damn thats some fukkkked up ****...you should def. get a lawyer for that one, i wouldnt play around w. a rookie like him, serve his *** so he learns his lesson. His *** def. needs to try to pull this **** on me, last two cops that did this were embarassed when they left the court house after the judge presented me as not being guilty.

what state are you in?</TD></TR></TABLE>

how did you fight it??? please share
Old 04-11-2008, 11:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

When you parked your car, did you leave the windows down the whole time or did you have them up? Chances are he saw them in the up position when you parked and just waited for you to leave.
-Rik
Old 04-11-2008, 11:49 PM

Default Re: (Rikter)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rikter &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">When you parked your car, did you leave the windows down the whole time or did you have them up? Chances are he saw them in the up position when you parked and just waited for you to leave.
-Rik</TD></TR></TABLE>

They were down the whole time, he told me to put them up to see them. And this wasn't a cop cop, it was a Highway Potrol that pulled over a red mustang right before he pulled me over. And he wrote on the ticket that he got me coming off the freeway, and i was no where near the freeway. Can he do that?
Old 04-12-2008, 12:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sucks man
Old 04-12-2008, 05:42 AM
Daisy... Daisy...

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nicks95GSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

They were down the whole time, he told me to put them up to see them. And this wasn't a cop cop, it was a Highway Potrol that pulled over a red mustang right before he pulled me over. And he wrote on the ticket that he got me coming off the freeway, and i was no where near the freeway. Can he do that?</TD></TR></TABLE>

If he was that much of an ***, request a copy of his dash cam tape as evidence. You may need a lawyer.
Old 04-12-2008, 05:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nicks95GSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

They were down the whole time, he told me to put them up to see them. And this wasn't a cop cop, it was a Highway Potrol that pulled over a red mustang right before he pulled me over. And he wrote on the ticket that he got me coming off the freeway, and i was no where near the freeway. Can he do that?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Now thats a advantage. Show the judge your reciept from the store you were at and the fix it ticket. You can figure what I mean. The location of both placees will be so off.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

fvck the chp..

how much was that fixit ticket anyways?
Old 04-12-2008, 11:34 AM

Default Re: (pnoytypeR)

hey, what area in cali are you talking about?

and if you're saying the cop NEVER saw your tint to begin with and your windows were down, then this whole thing should be dismissed.

cops need reasonable cause to pull you over, and he stated that it was because you had tinted windows? thats so bs. if it really is the case that your windows were open before he ever saw you then yeah the cop slipped up. at least if he said he pulled you over for exhaust, then he would be on safe ground there.

but these days, just driving any honda seems to be reasonable cause enough to pull you over.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DC4R27)

All his info should be on the ticket. At least his last name. Take it to the station to find any more info you may need on him.

On a different note. I went for a ride along in my city and it was actually very interesting. Being on the other side is definately different. I noticed he would look at any and all modified cars. It was pretty amusing. haha

Funny thing is, i ran into his partner that was on partol with him the day of the ride along when i went with my friend to get his exhaust ticket signed off. He asked my friend to pop his hood and my buddy reluctantly did and when the cop saw his built b20v he just smiled and told him that he's lucky the citing officer didnt pop his hood the moment he was pulled over for his exhaust. Turns out he used to have a built hatchback. And we had a nice convo about cars. He told my buddy to turn the car on and turn it off, signed off the ticket and we were on our way. Really cool guy. So with that said, not all cops are the same. I'll hopefully be one some day.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea some cops are just dicks. I hate it when they harass ppl for stupid crap.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:40 AM

cop owned you...
Old 04-16-2008, 10:07 AM

I use to live in So Cal and after many times of being pulled over I found something out. CHP and local PO PO's do not even know what IS C.A.R.B legal and what is not. I ask one cop if my intake was CARB okay and he said really I don't know you would have to go to a ref and ask. LOL
Old 04-16-2008, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (b20integrapower)

SORRY TO HERE MAN