Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Just got a 92 teg and need ecu help

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 10:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got a 92 teg and need ecu help

So i just got a 92 teg ls. Nothings stock. It has a 98 b18b1 with b20 head. Chipped and tuned. Im just wondering some things about the ecu. Never done any tuning before and dont really know anything when it comes to it. But the car has no o2 sensors and is tuned already. I want to make this car a dd and the guy i got it from had it set up to race. It needs to be dependable. I know that with most cars not having a o2 will lean the mix out.. Now with it being tuned to run with no o2s should i put a o2 sensor in?

and how do i go about doing that?.. It also has 4 to 1 headers to a 3in
staight pipe. Im going to put a new muffler on it. So would that effect the tune thats in the car as well? Cops dont like race cars lol.
I can do anything with a wrench. But i know nothing about computers... I do want the car to stay fast. I just dont want to have to fix it in the future if i can fix it cheaper today...
Old 02-16-2017, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Just got a 92 teg and need ecu help

I just found a hood and bumper for the teggy. Called every junkyard in va and wva and they had none of these. Got lucky and found a wrecked one on fb and got the hood and bumper for $40. Cant beat that with a stick. Now if the deer would just stay away lol. Ive looked all over this site for an answer to my questions. So sorry if the answers already out there. Theres alot of forms to go through. But i learn somthing from all of em. But any help is greatly Appreciated.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

IF it's chipped with no O2, that's not really a bad thing if it had been done on a dyno. For a daily, it's not too bad. What kind of ecu are you running? It's completely possible to have it chipped to use an o2 sensor. With your setup, a stock LS ecu would probably work fine. Most b20 and LS motors used the same head, exception being p8r. You'll throw a silent code for a electric load detector if you use a 94 or up
Ecu.

Id figure out what you have first for an ecu. I have a race car with a stock ls ecu that I'm using with a B20 p8r and it's not ideal. Mine needs tuned, yours doesn't sound like it does, but who knows.
Old 02-18-2017, 10:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by billabongrob
IF it's chipped with no O2, that's not really a bad thing if it had been done on a dyno. For a daily, it's not too bad. What kind of ecu are you running? It's completely possible to have it chipped to use an o2 sensor. With your setup, a stock LS ecu would probably work fine. Most b20 and LS motors used the same head, exception being p8r. You'll throw a silent code for a electric load detector if you use a 94 or up
Ecu.

Id figure out what you have first for an ecu. I have a race car with a stock ls ecu that I'm using with a B20 p8r and it's not ideal. Mine needs tuned, yours doesn't sound like it does, but who knows.

I talked to the guy today. He said it was tuned on a dyno using chrome. And the ecu is out of a civic.. It doesnt throw any codes. It runs great. In the higher rpms it does smoke. But im pretty sure thats just the valve seals.. Only happens after 6500rpms.. The rev limits set at 7900. But scared to rev that high. Lol... I just want this motor to last. And still take it to track days at summit point every once in a while. I picked up the hood and bumper today... Now i just need some cheap headlights. They cost alot new. Kinda depressing... I guess imma have to wait for taxes to get the new toy on the road..