Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

jdm honda integra front end

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jdm honda integra front end

ok i have been looking around online for honda integra front ends and. there are different prices for the integra type r and integra sir-g (usdm gsr) but is there any difference in them. i know there is hid lights. but the whole thing is there any difference?

What about the integra ls? Is there one in japan?
Old 02-21-2010, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: jdm honda integra front end

To the best of my knowledge the SiR-G has chrome housing headlights and does not have HID's. I believe the "LS" equivalent in Japan came with the same "bug eye" front as the USDM cars.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigmac88
To the best of my knowledge the SiR-G has chrome housing headlights and does not have HID's. I believe the "LS" equivalent in Japan came with the same "bug eye" front as the USDM cars.
No. The "bug-eye" front end came on all 94-95 Integras in Japan. The "JDM" front end was introduced in 96 to all Integras sold in Japan.

ITR front end should come with a lip and black-housing (more desirable) headlights. Non-R's, including SiR-G and lower models, will come with no lip and chrome housing (less desirable) headlights. Hence the price difference.

98+ ITR's had HID as an option, so those cost even more than the halogen black-housing headlights.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed w/ above.

W/e you dont try and avoid the SIR-G Their garbage. Chrome flakes way to easily on them. About 7 out of 10 have chrome flaking in them.

But if you can find SIR-G Headlight That are great I would pick them up. Everybody and their mom w/ the JDM front has the Black housing.

I would avoid Password JDM to. When I did my front in 05 I got SIR-G headlights because they didnt have any black housing. I asked them if their was any chrome flaking and they said no. I asked for pictures of the front end I was looking at and they sent me pictures of the head lights looked perfect. Get the front end and the chrome was flaking to all hell and back. Called them up and said sold as is which i would expect but when i get pictures of great headlight and get garbage Pissed me off.

Haven't bought anything from them since.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what are you talking about with the crome. are you talking about the shiny part that reflects the light ??
Old 02-22-2010, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The SIR-G Headlights are known as the chrome or clear housing. Unlike the Integra Type R headlights which have black housing, the Sir-g are all chrome
Old 02-26-2010, 08:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94
No. The "bug-eye" front end came on all 94-95 Integras in Japan. The "JDM" front end was introduced in 96 to all Integras sold in Japan.

ITR front end should come with a lip and black-housing (more desirable) headlights. Non-R's, including SiR-G and lower models, will come with no lip and chrome housing (less desirable) headlights. Hence the price difference.

98+ ITR's had HID as an option, so those cost even more than the halogen black-housing headlights.
The "bug eye" front actually started in 93
Old 02-26-2010, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by impaul4
The "bug eye" front actually started in 93
Well duh, so did the 3rd gen Integra in the USA. If you want to get SUPER technical about it, Honda of Japan lists the first 3rd gen Integra coupe as released in "93.5" and the Integra sedan in "93.7", which translates to May and July of 1993. What is known as the "JDM" front end was released in September 1995, and the Type R released in October 1995, but we still say it started for the 1996 model year, and the ITR was first released for the '96 model year in Japan.

But all cars in the US come out during the calendar year before their model year, at various times. The 1994 MY Integra was released some time in 1993 here, as well.

While Japan is more specific on the date of release, I still refer to it as a 1994 model year vehicle.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94
Well duh, so did the 3rd gen Integra in the USA. If you want to get SUPER technical about it, Honda of Japan lists the first 3rd gen Integra coupe as released in "93.5" and the Integra sedan in "93.7", which translates to May and July of 1993. What is known as the "JDM" front end was released in September 1995, and the Type R released in October 1995, but we still say it started for the 1996 model year, and the ITR was first released for the '96 model year in Japan.

But all cars in the US come out during the calendar year before their model year, at various times. The 1994 MY Integra was released some time in 1993 here, as well.

While Japan is more specific on the date of release, I still refer to it as a 1994 model year vehicle.

do not **** with a mod, they will pwn you with charts lol...

nice chart btw
Old 02-26-2010, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

heh I just went to www.honda.co.jp and typed "Integra History" in the search box. I sure wish Honda USA's site would give you all this model history and stuff like the Japanese site does.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

chart pwned ftw