Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

is this an itr? or sir-g??

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 04:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is this an itr? or sir-g??

im about to buy an engine and i came across this ive been googling but this is my case the motor is in a shop that sells jdm motors
also this is suposed to be an 96 97 jdm itr motor they do have the 98 01 for 300 more dollars is it worth it?thanks for your help guys!

Attached Images     
Old 07-12-2011, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: is this an itr? or sir-g??

by all appearances that's an itr, the valve springs should have a dab of yellow paint on the intake and blue/green on the exhaust as well

the p72 block is shared between them

stupid things run so rich on the OE ecu that aftermarket cats last about 2 years, maybe less before they melt
Old 07-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by racebum
by all appearances that's an itr, the valve springs should have a dab of yellow paint on the intake and blue/green on the exhaust as well

the p72 block is shared between them

stupid things run so rich on the OE ecu that aftermarket cats last about 2 years, maybe less before they melt
ok ill look at it tomorrow,btw i read in another thread you mention that the 96 doesnt come with port&polish is it worth the extra bucks?2.4k and 2.7k for the complete longblock fair price?thanks!
Old 07-12-2011, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the 98 motor comes with the header and trans then IMO it is worth it. Figure you can use that header or sell it for cash and buy a better one. The biggest difference is the transmission. If it is $300 more for the 98 and it has the trans with it then I'd do it. 4.7 final is great.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by FlewByU352
If the 98 motor comes with the header and trans then IMO it is worth it. Figure you can use that header or sell it for cash and buy a better one. The biggest difference is the transmission. If it is $300 more for the 98 and it has the trans with it then I'd do it. 4.7 final is great.
nope idoes not come with the tranny just the long block im planning to use my gsr 4.40 tranny but besides that any other diferences?and no header
Old 07-12-2011, 06:36 PM
I said I don't want a title!

I forgot that this is the ITR parts forum now. I should know better than to click into these threads.

What's that going in OP...a 93 Civic sedan?
Old 07-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tonydize21
i read in another thread you mention that the 96 doesnt come with port&polish is it worth the extra bucks?
not the case. 96 spec is hand ported while the 98 spec is machine ported. differences are negligible. the $300 is basically for the 4.78 final drive like mentioned.

from the pic it looks like a 96 spec motor since the 98 spec JDM motor has a faux carbon spark plug lead cover.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Todd00
I forgot that this is the ITR parts forum now. I should know better than to click into these threads.

What's that going in OP...a 93 Civic sedan?
mmmm,i didnt read that part that you need to have a complete itr to talk in this forum and yes is going in a db8 now you are going to tell me to go to the integra forum?
Old 07-12-2011, 07:00 PM

mmmm,i didnt read that part that you need to have a complete itr to talk in this forum and yes is going in a db8 now you are going to tell me to go to the integra forum?
We don't need to swap motors in here...we already got one from the factory.

And yes, there are better forums for questions like these.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

We don't need to swap motors in here...we already got one from the factory.

And yes, there are better forums for questions like these.
this is easy pal if you dont want say something helpful just dont come in and talk ,the only reason im doing a swap is because my motor broke not because the itr motor is better,im not looking foward to be part of this forum because people like you is because i tought that the itr owners now about their engines more than the gsr and non vtec owners that are way more humble than you and just because daddy bought and itr doesnt make you cool looser
Old 07-12-2011, 07:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't understand why you got all butt hurt and went off. He didn't say anything offensive. It's just the internet...

From the intake manifold you can very quickly tell the difference between and ITR and an Sir-G.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by baller status
I don't understand why you got all butt hurt and went off. He didn't say anything offensive. It's just the internet...

From the intake manifold you can very quickly tell the difference between and ITR and an Sir-G.
im not mad its just make me sick when people think they are better than others

(We don't need to swap motors in here...we already got one from the factory.And yes, there are better forums for questions like these)

i just want an answer from the guys who own the motors and my concerned was that you could easily change the i/m and the valve cover i did not know that the jdm itr came with the pr3 head thanks for your input

and btw i really hope that guy never had to do a swap cause you will have to pay someone to do it for you but its ok here you dont need to do a swap that means that itr motors are unbreakable
Old 07-12-2011, 09:21 PM

this is easy pal if you dont want say something helpful just dont come in and talk ,the only reason im doing a swap is because my motor broke not because the itr motor is better,im not looking foward to be part of this forum because people like you is because i tought that the itr owners now about their engines more than the gsr and non vtec owners that are way more humble than you and just because daddy bought and itr doesnt make you cool looser
lol, daddy bought me an ITR? How old are you kid? I'd be willing to bet that when I purchased my ITR brand new, you were lucky to be old enough for elementary school.

Regardless, your questions are better served in a forum where folks are swapping motors all the time (unlike this forum). And yes, our cars come from the factory with USDM ITR motors. Why does that makes you think we'd know a whole lot about JDM 96 spec motors, other than the documented differences (that you could have easily looked up yourself)?

and btw i really hope that guy never had to do a swap cause you will have to pay someone to do it for you but its ok here you dont need to do a swap that means that itr motors are unbreakable
If I have to do a head swap, I'm buying a new head from Acura. It's not all that difficult.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

other than the virtually non existant documented differences (that you could have easily looked up yourself)?

fixed
Old 07-12-2011, 11:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol, daddy bought me an ITR? How old are you kid? I'd be willing to bet that when I purchased my ITR brand new, you were lucky to be old enough for elementary school.

Regardless, your questions are better served in a forum where folks are swapping motors all the time (unlike this forum). And yes, our cars come from the factory with USDM ITR motors. Why does that makes you think we'd know a whole lot about JDM 96 spec motors, other than the documented differences (that you could have easily looked up yourself)?

If I have to do a head swap, I'm buying a new head from Acura. It's not all that difficult.
I didnt knew that acura sells parts seems that you now a lot mr.old guy
Havent seen one yet
Old 07-12-2011, 11:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

And btw just because you know nothing doesnt mean nobody knows **** too ill bet there is a lot of people in this forum that knows,can you read?
Old 07-13-2011, 06:31 AM

And btw just because you know nothing doesnt mean nobody knows **** too ill bet there is a lot of people in this forum that knows,can you read?
Not saying no one knows anything here. But, wouldn't you rather post in a place where the percentage is a bit greater, and where folks have went through this same thing?

Why would a USDM ITR forum have a wealth of knowledge about a 96' spec (or sir-g) motor? Again, our cars did not come with either and we probably aren't swapping them in or buying them off of online motor swap places.

Would you rather fish in a puddle or in a lake?
Old 07-13-2011, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Not saying no one knows anything here. But, wouldn't you rather post in a place where the percentage is a bit greater, and where folks have went through this same thing?

Why would a USDM ITR forum have a wealth of knowledge about a 96' spec (or sir-g) motor? Again, our cars did not come with either and we probably aren't swapping them in or buying them off of online motor swap places.

Would you rather fish in a puddle or in a lake?
This is the itr forum not the usdm itr where do you read that this is exclusive for usdm?whats this the playboy mansion???im not going to keep arguing with you i aoready have the answer
Old 07-13-2011, 07:57 AM
#1 Super Guy

Received 123 Likes on 117 Posts

The extra money for the 98+ trans is not really worth it IMO (just my opinion here). While it does have a shorter final drive, it is coupled to longer running gears. I know a lot of people think it's better, but all the changes made to the 98-spec JDM R translated into almost zero difference in performance on the track. The only reason to pay more for the newer engine is simply because it's newer (and might have less miles).

BTW: You could use the money you saved from not buying the 98-spec and buy a 4.7 final drive for your existing trans. Then your car WOULD be quicker. The set sells for $410 on Hmotors. I don't know what's involved in installing it though:

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...age&item=10006
Old 07-13-2011, 08:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 94eg!
The extra money for the 98+ trans is not really worth it IMO (just my opinion here). While it does have a shorter final drive, it is coupled to longer running gears. I know a lot of people think it's better, but all the changes made to the 98-spec JDM R translated into almost zero difference in performance on the track. The only reason to pay more for the newer engine is simply because it's newer (and might have less miles).

BTW: You could use the money you saved from not buying the 98-spec and buy a 4.7 final drive for your existing trans. Then your car WOULD be quicker. The set sells for $410 on Hmotors. I don't know what's involved in installing it though:

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...age&item=10006
Thats good to know good finding im thinking making the trannyblsd too is it worth?besides the launch?
Old 07-13-2011, 09:05 AM
Daisy... Daisy...

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh good lord.

The PR3 head and the P73 intake manifold indicate that it is an ITR engine. Look at the casting dates for the specific year.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This is probably better asked in the ITR forum
Old 07-13-2011, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Erik95LS
This is probably better asked in the ITR forum
Agreed. Why isn't this in the ITR forum?
Old 07-13-2011, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Apparently because it's not going in an ITR chassis, noone cares. Kind of a 'holier than thou' attitude over there. I think it got moved here.
At any rate, I believe he got the answer he was looking for.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by coolhandluke
Agreed. Why isn't this in the ITR forum?
Also agreed. But then Todd's vag might get hurt again.

Quick Reply: is this an itr? or sir-g??