Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Intermittent SRS Light

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intermittent SRS Light

So ever since i got an alarm installed my SRS light has been on---but it's intermittent. If the car sits for a few hours, the light will turn off and stay off for the entire drive until i shut the engine off. But once i turn the engine back on, the light will stay on again until it gets a chance to sit for another few hours.

Example: Car sits over night, SRS light is OFF for the entire drive to work. Get to work, park, turn the engine off then immediately back on again and i get an SRS light. Car sits for a few hours until lunch time, light is OFF and stays off until i shut the engine down again and restart immediately. etc etc.

Yes i know everyone is going to tell me to reset the light or pull the codes. I cannot do either one because the SRS light will NOT go into diagnostic mode. When i jump the SRS service connector, the SRS light never starts the blinking/diagnostic procedure. (i've done it before on many other Hondas so i know I'm doing it right).

I've searched and no one has an answer for the problem of the SRS light not going into diagnostic mode. The issue of the SRS light going off after the car sits for a few hours is weird too. I was reading that a bad Alternator or Battery can trigger an SRS light as well, but i just checked my Battery (1 year old) and it's at 12.8V off and 13.8V at idle. Alternator tested good too. The sitting issue makes me think it's somehow charging related, but since the parts tested fine, i hesitate to just throw a new battery and/or alternator on and cross my fingers.

Any ideas are appreciated.
Old 10-18-2018, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Intermittent SRS Light

Update: Replaced my SRS unit with one off of eBay and all is good now. SRS unit was immediately able to go into diagnostic with the new unit after replacement.