Integra ls build - Page 3 - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Integra ls build

Old 01-08-2019, 05:59 AM
2x0
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra ls build

Originally Posted by Alex Safford View Post
I mean I've seen countless builds running 500+ on stock sleeves and surviving for quite some time. I only plan on having that at high boost. Just driving around I'd like to keep it at 300-350. Ended up buying a 4 port hondata boost solenoid. Still not sure what to do with the Holley one haha. Plus the water meth injection will hopefully make 500whp a bit safer i.e. detonation 😬🤯
Sure it's possible with a really good tune to hold 500 for a while. It's personal preference and how long you want your build to last.

Since I've been street tuning my own setup the last two years, it's been pretty eye opening how much changes in weather - temp and humidity can affect the tune. I can go from running 80% injector duty on a hot day to 100% on a cool morning at the same boost controller setting. So I know that if pushing it too close to the limit, there will always be risk due to these variables, and why I keep it at a safer 400whp with the stock sleeves.

For you being in FL maybe you won't have quite as much variability affecting your tune, and will be fine.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 2x0 View Post
Sure it's possible with a really good tune to hold 500 for a while. It's personal preference and how long you want your build to last.

Since I've been street tuning my own setup the last two years, it's been pretty eye opening how much changes in weather - temp and humidity can affect the tune. I can go from running 80% injector duty on a hot day to 100% on a cool morning at the same boost controller setting. So I know that if pushing it too close to the limit, there will always be risk due to these variables, and why I keep it at a safer 400whp with the stock sleeves.

For you being in FL maybe you won't have quite as much variability affecting your tune, and will be fine.
What injectors are you running. 1000cc should be sufficient on 93 pump with snow boost I'd hope haha. Also your right about the weather here our cold season is very short and mild nothing serious. But our heat 😵
Old 01-09-2019, 05:27 AM
2x0
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Alex Safford View Post
What injectors are you running. 1000cc should be sufficient on 93 pump with snow boost I'd hope haha. Also your right about the weather here our cold season is very short and mild nothing serious. But our heat 😵
1000's but on e85, so they max out at 425-450whp. But that is near 100% DC which you never want to be lol.

You'll be able to go higher on 93 for sure but you want to aim for <90% DC to avoid any mishaps.

Yeah I did Florida for a couple years. I imagine it would be much easier to tune a car there. Here I've had to deal with driving on mornings in the lower 40's and then in the afternoon it would get up to 80, and it would change my entire tune. Temp swings in FL not nearly as bad, especially near the gulf.
Old 01-12-2019, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 2x0 View Post
1000's but on e85, so they max out at 425-450whp. But that is near 100% DC which you never want to be lol.

You'll be able to go higher on 93 for sure but you want to aim for <90% DC to avoid any mishaps.

Yeah I did Florida for a couple years. I imagine it would be much easier to tune a car there. Here I've had to deal with driving on mornings in the lower 40's and then in the afternoon it would get up to 80, and it would change my entire tune. Temp swings in FL not nearly as bad, especially near the gulf.
Thankfully I didn't go e85. That was the plan originally but wasn't crazy about the super frequent oil changes and the closest place to me that carries e85 is about an hour away. I'm over on the east coast. Luckily my drive to work in the morning is only about a mile anyways lol
​​​​​​

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: