Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Integra horn wiring question, switching to airhorn.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Integra horn wiring question, switching to airhorn.

Anyone have a picture of the horn relay or can tell exactly which one it is under the dash? I have a shitty chiltons manual and it doesnt say crap.

I'm trying to install a Whelen 100 watt PA & Airhorn, and im running a remote wire from the PA/Airhorn unit to a positive source in the horn. I tried tapping into the red wire directly at the horn buttons but that didnt work.

I know it goes, red from horn, to a blue & red stripe, to blue & green stripe, to horn relay, to white & green stripe down to the horn.
I found the white & green, but it had a silver spot on it, thus im guessing thats the wrong side of the fusebox and it is always getting a 12v source because the horn went off immediately when i tapped that.

any suggestions for where to tap in for the remote wire into the horn source. if all else fails, i'll have to run it through my firewall and down to the actual horn plugs where the stock horn used to be.
Old 11-21-2003, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Integra horn wiring question, switching to airhorn. (MartyMarGSR)

when you find out ley me know too, I have a JDM DC2 Non-SRS steering wheel and the damn horn hasn't worked for over a year! I really need to install it...
Old 11-21-2003, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Integra horn wiring question, switching to airhorn. (B20 Twin Cam DC2)

Old 11-22-2003, 06:37 AM

Default Re: Integra horn wiring question, switching to airhorn. (CodeDawg)

Yeah I want to know too. I tried tapping into 12v and my air horn went on. Then i remembered that the horn uses a negative charge system. So try the negative wire to see if it works.
Old 11-22-2003, 08:41 AM

Default Re: Integra horn wiring question, switching to airhorn. (superthug)

Bump this bitch up! Anyone know...?
Old 11-22-2003, 09:45 AM

Default Re: Integra horn wiring question, switching to airhorn. (B20 Twin Cam DC2)

my air horn setup runs via relay that i need to have a positive charge go to the remote wire for it to go off. I think i figured out why it didnt work yesterday, i dont have time to try it today because i gotta go to work in a lil bit i'll try it tommorow.

I'm thinking that since I took out my stock horn, the plugs arent conneted up for positve and negative ends to make a complete circuit in my horn circuit, thus the reason for it not working when i pressed my horn button and it was connected to the horn wire. I'm going to loop those wires together because i cut off the plugs to put on an aftermarket horn from schucks last year which sucked *** (thus the reason for the airhorn now). once i loop those wire, it'll close the circuit up in a loop again, and hopefully tapping into the red wire on one of my horn buttons will work.

I looked in my chiltons book and it said there's also a 20amp fuse for the horn, but i cant find it on the display under my dash or on the lid of the fusebox in the engine bay. Anyone know which fuse is that horn fuse? BTW, its on a 95 gsr, but i believe most 94-01 integras should have similar chassis wiring colors.
Old 11-23-2003, 10:45 PM

bizump for anyone who knows exactly which thing is the horn relay, or the horn fuse area. Cant find it in my crap *** chiltons.
Old 11-24-2003, 11:08 PM

Why don't you get a Helm manual?

The horn relay is on the under-dash fuse box, on the right side.

The horn fuse is a 20A fuse in the under-hood fuse box. This fuse is also used for the brake lights. If your new horn is positively switched, you'll have to completely change your horn wiring so that it switches positive instead of negative. To do this, you'll have to remove the horn relay, splice together the wire from the horn and the wire to the steering wheel, then add a new relay in the engine compartment. Use the wire from the horn (now attached directly to the steering wheel horn buttons) to activate the relay on this new relay. Then connect 12V to the relay (both to the coil side and to the switched side), and connect a wire from the relay to the new horn.
Old 11-25-2003, 09:13 PM

Default Re: Integra horn wiring question, switching to airhorn. (dwolsten)

i figured out how to change the negative trigger system on the horn to a positive.
Too bad its at the wiring stage by the wires at the end of the horn so I had to run some wires through my firewall.

You have use a standard 4 pin relay.
Pin 30 Goes to Constant + (battery)
Pin 87 Goes to remote wire (+ source for my airhorn)
Pin 85 White/Green wire from horn
Pin 86 Red/Blue wire from horn

Now my positively activated airhorn works from the negative trigger system.
I hope this post helps some people out in the future who want to hook up hella horn or any other sort of horns to their original horn wiring if its a positive source one instead of a regular stock negative trigger horn.