Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Integra/B18 availablility

Old 01-11-2012, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Integra/B18 availablility

Hey Guys,

I currently have a '97 LS that I am going to sell in order to save up for another Integra in better shape. It was mainly just a car to beat on for college, I never intended to put money into it. I love these cars to death, and my real goal is to get my hands on a Type R one day. You all really know your stuff, so Im curious as what the general availability is of Integras (both Type R's and base models) are these days. Are we at the point where good condition type R's are considered "rare", or are they still easily attainable? What about LS/GS models? Im curious because it might be a while until I can get some money saved up, and if it takes a year or two, I dont want to struggle to find something even decent. My alternative is to grab a really nice shell of any model and swap in a motor. I am guessing that picking up a B18c is fairly easy? I am just curious about all of this, as I am going to be taking my first steps into really learning about and working on these cars, and I want to make sure I wont need to be made of money to get my hands on "rare" parts and such. I want to know if the Integra game still has a long future ahead of it. Thanks a lot guys, looking forward to hanging around here.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra/B18 availablility

They are both plentiful, but why sell the one you have? fixing them up is part of the game..
Old 01-11-2012, 03:19 PM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

good condition low mileage itr's still go for a good $15-20k. you'll even see some with 100k+ miles going for that.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by B20ztek
They are both plentiful, but why sell the one you have? fixing them up is part of the game..
A few reasons. I bought it with a full ugly body kit all around which I would have to replace with stock parts. The car was also painted (badly). The best part of the car is the motor.. it has 115k and runs absolutly great.. but its just an LS after all. I would really want to have a b18c in it. So honestly if the body was great and the motor was **** I would keep it and do the swap. Its pretty much opposite of what I want. The decent thing I could do would be to put the vtec heads on the motor.. but itd rather just get the true b18c. Realistically if I kept it, it would need a full stock body kit all around, a complete paint strip and repaint (it has a deep circular key scratch on the fender), and other various body work. To me it makes more sense to grab a stock clean ls/gs with a blown or old motor and just drop the motor I want in it. Does that make sense or are there better options?
Old 01-11-2012, 03:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dude look at craigslist for your local area you can pick up RUNNING integras anywhere from 500-20000. engines are relatively cheap and plentiful. i can buy gsr's in my area for 3200 and less ALL DAY LONG.