Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Acura Integra (https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-integra-6/)
-   -   How to tell if B series Mugen Valve cover is legit? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-integra-6/how-tell-if-b-series-mugen-valve-cover-legit-2671138/)

dev203d 10-27-2009 10:42 AM

How to tell if B series Mugen Valve cover is legit?

I am looking at an Integra that has one/ thinking of buying one for my B20, would it fit my B20, same valve cover as B18 right? Anyway how do I tell if it's legit or not? I see many replicas on eBay going to around 100.00 but legits ones are like 300.00 used!

Brice.Hayden 10-27-2009 11:11 AM

Re: How to tell if B series Mugen Valve cover is legit?

a mugen valve cover costs 900 dollars. It will not fit any other motors other than a b16 or b18c head.

dev203d 10-27-2009 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Brice.Hayden (Post 40440281)
a mugen valve cover costs 900 dollars. It will not fit any other motors other than a b16 or b18c head.

Thanks, I see it on a B16 anyway to tell if it's a real one or not?

Agent_EM1 10-27-2009 11:27 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The lower right "spark plug wire cover" bolt should come before the "N" at the end of MUGE"N". That's basically it.

Example:

Fake:
Attachment 466731

Real:
Attachment 466732

Very identical, however, notice that bolt before the "N" on the Real one? It's easy for the hardcore mugen enthusiasts to notice.

Maluko 10-27-2009 12:23 PM

VERY identical..VERY

Tha_liks 10-27-2009 01:33 PM

you i dentify it by the N on mugeN the real mugen has the E and N over the bolt hole

CARMA_626 10-27-2009 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by dev203d (Post 40439961)
I am looking at an Integra that has one/ thinking of buying one for my B20, would it fit my B20, same valve cover as B18 right? Anyway how do I tell if it's legit or not? I see many replicas on eBay going to around 100.00 but legits ones are like 300.00 used!

Please show me where I can buy a legit used Mugen VC for $300 - I'll buy 3 of them immediately.

GagnarTheUnruly 10-27-2009 06:55 PM

It doesn't matter if it's legit, it's a valve cover! All it does is keep oil from hitting the hood when it spins off the camshafts. :P

variable 10-27-2009 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by GagnarTheUnruly (Post 40445728)
It doesn't matter if it's legit, it's a valve cover! All it does is keep oil from hitting the hood when it spins off the camshafts. :P

It matters to those who want an authentic Mugen valve cover

racebum 10-27-2009 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by variable (Post 40445787)

designer clothing for the car

follie gatts 10-28-2009 05:46 AM

reminds me of my girlfriends purses. the "real" $300 coach purse looks a lot like the fake $40 one. i can't tell the difference, but she sure can. it's still a purse that she can fill with chap stick and old receipts.

dev203d 10-28-2009 09:43 AM

Lol i get the difference and it's not that hard now to tell the fake ones and yeah the 300 one I found was a fake. Lol yea all it is,is designer wear for your car! But hey it's still cool!

CARMA_626 10-28-2009 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by variable (Post 40445787)

Originally Posted by follie gatts (Post 40449684)
reminds me of my girlfriends purses. the "real" $300 coach purse looks a lot like the fake $40 one. i can't tell the difference, but she sure can. it's still a purse that she can fill with chap stick and old receipts.

Here's the end all to all this real/fake talk...

If you buy a $900 Mugen valve cover and try to sell it 3-5 years from now, guess what? You can sell it for at least the same amount you paid and most likely, alot more. Because real, authentic, out of production parts, shoes, clothes, anything will only increase in value. It's the way the market works.

If you ever collected baseball cards or comic books - you should grasp the concept.

Try doing the same with your fake Mugen cover....you'll be lucky to get half of what you paid for it.

QuikSilverTeg 10-28-2009 04:37 PM

Personally I think your gay if you spend $900+ on a valve cover.

CARMA_626 10-28-2009 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by QuikSilverTeg (Post 40456855)
Personally I think your gay if you spend $900+ on a valve cover.

LOL, in that case I must be a miata driving, flaming homosexual.

QuikSilverTeg 10-28-2009 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by CARMA_626 (Post 40456921)
LOL, in that case I must be a miata driving, flaming homosexual.

Haha, I wasn't bein serious. Seriously! No, Mugen is sick, I would love to have a legit VC, but I would also love to have my swap completely done first. I always say whatever you do to your car is for you only, I would love to have Mugen all over mine I just can't afford it....yet.

BTW, **** Miatas. :)

sayanything 10-28-2009 05:53 PM

if you did buy a fake knock off, if i saw your car at a meet, id still be like "sweet thats mad jdm tyte y0"

cmon man, whos REALLY gonna know? I say save your money and buy groceries, or pay bills, or better yet. save it!

fresheseveref9 01-17-2011 07:27 PM

dam i got a real one for free lol just cause i help a dude do a ls vtec he gave me that and 400 lol dam i am sooo siked lol

53JDMDC2 01-17-2011 08:43 PM

its a valve cover. come on. if it does it job who cares.

i have a vc that is one day is gonna be powder coated bronze witch looks blackish. baught it fur $20. powder coat free.

dont waste money on flash make the car work.

sleepers r kool

JdmTypeRdc2 01-17-2011 08:52 PM

CARMA 626 is right...rare/limited quantity/out of production products will usually never decrease in value after a certain time period, unless there is no market for it.

The value of knock off parts will decrease so much, that maybe at times, you might as well give them away for free.

If you have the money, buy the authentic stuff. If you dont, then dont fake the funk by buying a product that is designed to be passed off as the real deal.

Its like buying some Rota Grids and putting Rays stickers on them...you just dont do that, its a slap in the face, not only to the company, but also to the real enthusiasts.

racebum 01-17-2011 08:54 PM

the reason the real ones are so spendy is the process used to make them. identical to F1 construction. also probably lighter than the replica should be obvious in person.

buying one used is really asking to pay a lot for a replica

the few real ones around probably are on extremely nice cars and if they do get sold the seller has docs on the purchase

dev203d 01-17-2011 09:05 PM

lol this is an old thread! but damn I forgot all about this, a real mugen cover would be nice but I have yet to see one, anyway, since I am the OP here are my thoughts, to hardcore Honda fans anything mugen will be dear, for example I am trying to buy a mugen cluster now for my Integra from a guy in Europe, and will most likely drop 500-$1000. Call it crazy but its worth its something you don't see often and probably won't lose it's value.

MERC6372 01-18-2011 05:52 AM

good info

PatrickGSR94 01-18-2011 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by fresheseveref9 (Post 44449566)
dam i got a real one for free lol just cause i help a dude do a ls vtec he gave me that and 400 lol dam i am sooo siked lol

not sure if trolling? Way to bring back an old@$$ thread just for your bragging :thumbdown:

I say, pics or it didn't happen.

PsychoRex 11-13-2012 05:27 PM

Having a real mugen valve cover is like having the freshest kicks when you go play bball