Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

How to lower a teg.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2002, 07:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to lower a teg.....

Come Spring, I want to lower my GSR.. But, how do I go about that?.. Some people told me to just cut the springs.. Some said to buy coil-overs.. Others say I need the whole deal.. Lowering springs, coil-overs, shocks, camber kit and etc.. But what do I really need?.. I was wondering if it would be okay if I just got adjustable coil-overs and drop it that way.. But what are the plus and minuses of not having the whole package on the car??..

or
Old 01-29-2002, 07:47 AM
I didn't ask for a dime.

Default Re: How to lower a teg..... (cotton_lix)

I plan to do the same thing with my GSR and I have no problems spending money on some quality springs or coilovers. I have decided to go with the Skunk2 coilover. You may want to compare and contrast brands so you will get the best.
Old 01-29-2002, 08:08 AM

Default Re: How to lower a teg..... (cotton_lix)

Thanks for the advice.. I'll check the search for posts too..

or
Old 01-29-2002, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How to lower a teg..... (PnX-R)

Comptech Springs
Old 01-29-2002, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Eibach Pro-Kit springs with Koni Yellows for the shocks is a good combination that I use.
Old 01-29-2002, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How to lower a teg..... (Designbot)

I plan to do the same thing with my GSR and I have no problems spending money on some quality springs or coilovers. I have decided to go with the Skunk2 coilover. You may want to compare and contrast brands so you will get the best.
I've actually heard that people have had problems with the Skunk2 coilovers failing. (ie...cracking). I personally would stay away from them after hearing all of the horror stories...
Old 01-29-2002, 11:01 AM

Default Re: How to lower a teg..... (delinquent)

I installed Skunk2's in my teg last week. They're also supposed to be unbelievably bouncy, and I haven't had that problem. My boyfriend had skunk2's in his teg for about a year, and never had any problems. Of course, I got them for $190 for the set, so I wasn't gonna pass it up anyway.
Old 01-29-2002, 11:39 AM
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: How to lower a teg..... (delinquent)

my skunkworks (aka skunk2) sleeved coilovers have worked flawlessly for over 2 years now!
Old 01-29-2002, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if all you want to do is lower the car then take the springs out put em in a spring comressor and heat the hell out of them. hehe i promise it wont be bouncy at all.....

if you want it to handlebetter i would seriously do alot of reasearch before you lower itso you can figure out how you want your car to handle and what itwilltake to get you there. then youll answer all your own questions.and if you can get to be freinds with some people with civics/tegs that have done suspension work and ride in them to see what you like instead of what i might like.

[Modified by JCushing, 5:25 PM 1/29/2002]
Old 01-29-2002, 10:02 PM

like cotton lix said.. whoever told you to just chop your springs .. haha their an idiot..

anyway im very happy with my Eibach Sportline and Koni adjustable sport (yellows) combination... i did the install myself.. its not that hard.. all you need is a jack, jack stands, spring compressor (for the stock spring), ratchet/breaker bar, socket set, and allen wrench... its a pretty straight forward install once your at the car..

Old 01-29-2002, 10:37 PM
New User

get some coilovers
Old 01-30-2002, 12:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How to lower a teg..... (HaUTSaauce)

Skunk 2's and Koni Yellows are a good combo. If you just want drop springs, go for Neuspeed race springs w/ Bilstien shocks. In fact, Neuspeed uses Bilstiens on their coilover system.
Old 01-31-2002, 04:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How to lower a teg..... (www.s4-mtm.com)

fill your car with sandbags.....help you stay on the ground in sharp turns too naw.........i got sportlines with koni red........great combo
Old 01-31-2002, 05:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Man, whutever u do... don't cut ur springs!!!!
Old 01-31-2002, 06:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How to lower a teg..... (Biggspeed)

Cut the springs ...... is out of the question. get lowing springs or a true coilver kit with the built in shock not just the 300 kit with just the adjustable collar they suck especially the skunk2 coilovers
Old 01-31-2002, 07:14 AM

Default Re: How to lower a teg..... (alexboy)

I have H&R Sports springs. Had it for 8+ months now I think. I need to get the shocks soon, the ride is getting harsh.
Old 01-31-2002, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How to lower a teg..... (97integraLST)

I've learned my lesson. Next time I lower my teg I'm putting in a camber kit too at the same time. I bought the neuspeed race spring. Really low. I should have bought Koni Shocks too at the same time. Now I have to pay for the consequences. I had to buy all four new tires in each corner, not only once, but TWICE. <Dumb-***. But it's all fixed now. I think next time I'll get the good stuff like TEIN or ZEAL or you know...
Old 01-31-2002, 07:43 AM
New User

Default Re: How to lower a teg.....

Does anyone have a set of neuspeed sport springs on? If so, do you have stock shocks or aftermarket, i think its only about a 1 inch drop so they might not be necessary...opinions??
Old 01-31-2002, 10:17 AM

Wow.. Would you look at all the replies I got.. Thanks for all the info.. So now.. I've got another question.. If I get just coil-overs and not the shocks, what's the worse that could happen?.. As compared to buying new coil-overs and shocks??

or
Old 01-31-2002, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How to lower a teg..... (alexboy)

Cut the springs ...... is out of the question. get lowing springs or a true coilver kit with the built in shock not just the 300 kit with just the adjustable collar they suck especially the skunk2 coilovers
What true coilover kits are there out there? The only ones I can think of are the Apexi WS and the Apexi N1. I'm just not thinking clearly, but what else is there? Also, I heard that the Apexi WS isn't as good as getting coilovers and aftermarket shocks. The idea sounds better, but who makes a good coilover kit?
Old 01-31-2002, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How to lower a teg..... (Devin)

Does anyone have a set of neuspeed sport springs on? If so, do you have stock shocks or aftermarket, i think its only about a 1 inch drop so they might not be necessary...opinions??
My friends car ('96 Teg LS) has the Sport Neuspeed springs. They are not as low as mine (Neuspeed Race). But the Sport Springs will still have negative camber, especially in the front wheels. It is recommended that you get a camber kit with that. When I got my KONI shocks installed, it actually raised my car... just a little bit. Bottom line in my opinion... you gotta have the whole package.
Old 01-31-2002, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How to lower a teg..... (Kellindal)

What true coilover kits are there out there? The only ones I can think of are the Apexi WS and the Apexi N1. I'm just not thinking clearly, but what else is there? Also, I heard that the Apexi WS isn't as good as getting coilovers and aftermarket shocks. The idea sounds better, but who makes a good coilover kit?
What the....APEX'i WS and the APEX'i N1 are exhausts bro....just thought I should mention that
Old 01-31-2002, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How to lower a teg..... (Kellindal)

Read the latest issue of SUPER STREET magazine(the one with the 5Zigen RSX). It has a wide variety of the expensive coilovers. The whole damper kit. They will run you from 800 and up for a good coilover system
Old 01-31-2002, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How to lower a teg..... (illestjr)

After market springs/shocks combo: Most widely used and recommended for a better handling/looking car.

Good Shocks:
Koni Yellows - Best/most expensive shock out there. It will cost you about $500. Nobody every complained about these...EVER.
KYB AGX adjustables - relatively cheap shocks with good performance. $340
Tokico Illuminas - above $400. They're also good.
All of those shocks mentioned above have stiffness adjustability.

Good Springs:
Eibach - Prokit (1.3~1.5 inch drop) ~$190.
Sportline (1.8+ drop)
H&R - 2 kinds just like eibach, but cheaper.
Neuspeed, comptech....etc... also have their cons/pros. *search*
(Never cut springs, it's just wrong. )

Coil overs with aftermarket or stock shocks: If you only want to lower the car and like the ability to adjust height. Aftermarket shocks are recommended.
Coil overs are a little more expensive than spring/shocks combo from my knowledge.

Old 01-31-2002, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How to lower a teg..... (Interlude)

What the....APEX'i WS and the APEX'i N1 are exhausts bro....just thought I should mention that
Hey buddy, Apexi makes damper systems too that are Called The World Sport (WS) Damper System and the N1 Race damper system that are complete spring and strut units. Check your stuff before making dumb comments.

Quick Reply: How to lower a teg.....