Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Got a new clutch installed today.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a new clutch installed today.

Well I finally got a new clutch installed today. The previous owner of the car told me that it already had a new clutch which was BS cuz after 4 months the cars clutch was slipping. He told me it was a exedy clutch but when I got it replaced I found out that it wasnt even exedy and the previous owner just installed a clutch disc. Hots spots all over the surface of the pressure plate as well as groves from the clutch disc. Anyway my question was, before I got the clutch installed there was some resistance on the clutch pedal. After I get the clutch installed theres only resistance for about a quarter of an inch and when I push down more it feels like there is no resistance at all. Is that normal? Plus the adjustment was not like before. The clutch now grabs about half an inch off the floor. I couldnt drive like that so I adjusted it to the point where it grabs about half way off the floor. Is that ok? I have no idea where the pedal should be but I seriously couldnt drive the car with its clutch grabbing so quickly.
Old 08-28-2004, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Got a new clutch installed today. (Built B18ABorC)

its fine to adjust your clutch like that... i recently replaced mines with an exedy organic and it grabs pretty crazy too... it grabs around 2-3 inches from the floor. but you can adjust the clutch cable for it to grab faster....it really depends on what stage and how strong your new clutch is....any racing clutch would grab right away, so its pretty normal... just make sure you leave a lil freeplay on the clutch pedal so your clutch cable isnt too tight!

oh yeah....break it in(500-1000miles)... hahahh
cuz you will definitely wanna rev the **** out of it to see how great it is=P