Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Acura Integra (https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-integra-6/)
-   -   Hey I have a couple questions 95 gsr... (https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-integra-6/hey-i-have-couple-questions-95-gsr-2057311/)

jordan_civic 07-31-2007 08:50 AM

Hey I have a couple questions 95 gsr...

Hey I have a couple questions dont know if i should make seperate posts but ok...

I was wondering how much a skunk 2 would increase my gsr. It is stock.

And What do you think of getting a turbo at like 7lb or something instead of just running it everyday going into the 7 and 8Grpms

Thanks alot anything anyone has to say will help...

goota 07-31-2007 08:53 AM

a skunk2 what?

St Jimmy 07-31-2007 08:54 AM

Re: Hey I have a couple questions 95 gsr... (jordan_civic)

You need to search around some more and learn. The search button is the red thing on the top right. "Turbo GSR" or "Skunk 2"

There is no "skunk 2" that you can just put on your car.

Turbo's go by how much HP your looking for, not how much PSI you want to run because every turbo is different.

jordan_civic 07-31-2007 08:56 AM

Re: Hey I have a couple questions 95 gsr... (St Jimmy)

skunk 2 intake manifold and just running any turbo on 7psi or how much do you think a stock engine could handle without wearing it out...

Max500 07-31-2007 08:59 AM

Ive seen stock GSR's make over 350 whp and taken 20 psi. It all depends on the setup bro. First determine your horsepower goals and go from there. Power aint cheap, how much you wanna spend :D

St Jimmy 07-31-2007 09:01 AM

Re: (Max500)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Max500 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ive seen stock GSR's make over 350 whp and taken 20 psi. </TD></TR></TABLE>

And I've seen people on an internet forum lie.

jordan_civic 07-31-2007 09:05 AM

Re: (St Jimmy)

Well for the first time last night i really took my new first integra "driving" redlined it like 2 or 3 times and last night made me sure i wanna go race it some. My goal is to get like 10-12sec 1/4 mile times. I wanna know how much just the skunk 2 will do on stock and then the safest turbo setup so i dont have anything bust because its my daily driver and i dont wanna repair anything at all...

jordan_civic 07-31-2007 09:17 AM

Re: (jordan_civic)

can anybody help?

MeanGreenMachine 07-31-2007 09:21 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jordan_civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well for the first time last night i really took my new first integra "driving" redlined it like 2 or 3 times and last night made me sure i wanna go race it some. My goal is to get like 10-12sec 1/4 mile times. I wanna know how much just the skunk 2 will do on stock and then the safest turbo setup so i dont have anything bust because its my daily driver and i dont wanna repair anything at all...</TD></TR></TABLE>

bolt ons only help a bit if any at all.

if you want 10-12 sec time slips, do some searching. you have got alot to learn

get out your pen and paper and take notes, or bookmark some of the threads that benefit you.

oh yeah, how deep are your pockets? got to have some $ to get 10-12 sec time slips

St Jimmy 07-31-2007 09:29 AM

read this

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1024174

It will tell you everything you need to know about turbo. Its the cheapest way to get the most power (besides nitrous) and its pretty reliable if you get a good tune.

mac_24_seven 07-31-2007 01:04 PM

Re: (St Jimmy)

Your going the wrong route if you want to run 10's man. Thats fast, I mean freaking sick fast. To get that w/an Integra :S I wouldn't want to bank roll it, for sure.

My truck runs 10's on the bottle (current best, 10.6@126), but the fastest I've been, NA, is 11.6 @ 115mph THATS fast and it not cheap to get there either. And the HP used to run that 10.6 is utterly useless on the street, at any RPM in any gear.

Thats too much power for a true daily driver.

-------------------------------------

And, so you know, the farther you get away from stock, the more apt you are to hurt your engine. When you start getting into forced induction, you're really pushing the limits of your engine.

And yeah, some guy may have made 350 hp w/a stock GSR w/a huge turbo on there. But I bet it didn't last very long before he saw a rod sticking through his block.

And the amount of money you'd have to spend to get that GSR to handle 350, reliably.... Hope you're rich.

Please, read. Lots and lots of info here on H-T and many many other sites out there. Don't rely on others to always give you the answers. https://honda-tech.com/forums/images/smilies/emthup.gif

Byaaah! 07-31-2007 01:17 PM

Re: (mac_24_seven)

Search feature is still down... https://honda-tech.com/forums/images...s/emthdown.gif

pkxiong 07-31-2007 04:22 PM

you should start of with the basic's first. intake, cat back exhaust, headers.

posHonda 07-31-2007 04:44 PM

Re: (pkxiong)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pkxiong &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you should start of with the basic's first. intake, cat back exhaust, headers.</TD></TR></TABLE>

no point in getting a header OR too small of an exhaust for boost if hes going turbo.

ive seen 400whp+ on stock block GSRs but that doesnt mean theyve lasted very long. right around 300whp is what most people run on stock internals while still keeping it reliable. if you wanna be that much on the safe side than just shoot for 250-270whp BUT you will not be seeing any 10-11sec time slips. 12s might be possible with slicks but you'll still struggle to get there.

many people in the FI forum have ran thousands and thousands of miles with a stock block gsr turbo but its all in the build, tune, and the way you drive it.

91redteg 07-31-2007 07:37 PM

Re: (iVteC_PoWeR)

dude what yur asking is impossible. yur asking for some bolt on kit to make u run 10's but not have to repair anything. when yur modifiying cars u have to pick two out of three things. cheap, fast, or reliable.

4nmusle 2.1 07-31-2007 11:33 PM

Re: (91redteg)

sorry to say but the best intake maifold for a turbo honda that makes the best power is a victor x manifold with a stock tb ...... for that set-up your lookin to run

Moogen Powah 07-31-2007 11:56 PM

Re: (4nmusle 2.1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jordan_civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well for the first time last night i really took my new first integra "driving" redlined it like 2 or 3 times and last night made me sure i wanna go race it some. My goal is to get like 10-12sec 1/4 mile times. I wanna know how much just the skunk 2 will do on stock and then the safest turbo setup so i dont have anything bust because its my daily driver and i dont wanna repair anything at all...</TD></TR></TABLE>
Do you have another car and enough funds to rebuild an engine after building one initially?