Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Help! Wtf is this noise/squeal/groan?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Wtf is this noise/squeal/groan?

Hey guys. Multiple Honda owner currently in Korea. Just got back into the Honda game with a fresh purchase!

Have a 1996 type r that has an intermittent strange noise coming from what sounds like the valvetrain/head area. It sounds like something isn't getting lubricated properly or something is loose/too tight?
I would really appreciate if you guys could take a look at the YouTube link and see if you know what the source of this noise is.
There is my video, I am sitting in the car and happened to catch it on camera while driving.
Here is a video I happened upon with the same noise.
Old 12-16-2015, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Help! Wtf is this noise/squeal/groan?

Bro are you trolling? Either get a better video or an underhood video. This sounds like nothing. This first video i literally LOL like WTF was that...
If indeed its that quiet of a noise probably not a big deal- i think in the second video at :01 second there is a slight loose belt noise? check your belts deflection...
Old 12-16-2015, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SSBP-GSR
Bro are you trolling? Either get a better video or an underhood video. This sounds like nothing. This first video i literally LOL like WTF was that...
If indeed its that quiet of a noise probably not a big deal- i think in the second video at :01 second there is a slight loose belt noise? check your belts deflection...
Def not trying to troll... In both videos it's that rubbing/rolling sound. Mind you I don't have an exhaust. Will work on getting a underhood video.
Old 12-16-2015, 06:50 PM
I requested a short story for a title.

that second video sounds like a bad bearing in your blower motor, are you running heat/ac when this noise happens?

If its for sure coming from underneath the hood then my only other guess would be the bearing in the distributor is maybe going bad.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by stocker2shocker91
that second video sounds like a bad bearing in your blower motor, are you running heat/ac when this noise happens?

If its for sure coming from underneath the hood then my only other guess would be the bearing in the distributor is maybe going bad.
nope, I happens regardless of whether the heater/ac are on or off.

I also tried to get a video of the noise from under the hood this morning before work and it wouldn't make the noise...
Old 12-18-2015, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

Does the sound happen when driving/accelerating?

Or at idle?

Things to check would be all your belts such as PS AC and alternator. Old belts can make funny sounds.

Valve lash! check the valve lash to see if its within specs if not adjust them asap.

Try getting a video with the hood popped and engine running.
Old 12-19-2015, 12:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wunfstgsr
Does the sound happen when driving/accelerating?

Or at idle?

Things to check would be all your belts such as PS AC and alternator. Old belts can make funny sounds.

Valve lash! check the valve lash to see if its within specs if not adjust them asap.

Try getting a video with the hood popped and engine running.
Happening at idle and low-medium acceleration.
I sprayed the belts with water to noise avail. Will be trying to spray the acutal pulleys by the bolts to see if possible it's a bad bearing when i can get the noise to occur again.