Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default help W/ old PCV nipple/water hoses. 98+ ITR

pics show my issues I need the ID for 2 water(?) ports

about the car:
OEM oil cooler
s2 billet throttle body so no FITV or passages like on the alpha throttle body.
NO heater core
no OEM PCV

The top one used to go to the pcv box but what about the 2nd lower one? to the IACV? I just looped them to keep dirt out. i have a catch can so the pcv is no longer relevant I will plug the top one but I need help with the 2nd lower one. I found conflicting things online saying FITV but a 98+ itr had no FIT from the factory afaik.

I know the one closest to the timing belt is the one that goes to the intake manifold flange, but what about the one closest to the starter...heater core?

Lastly, ignore the things written in the pic... that water port is it the ones that goes to the heater core also?.

Last edited by B_Swapped93; 03-10-2015 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts
Default Re: help W/ old PCV nipple/water hoses. 98+ ITR

Originally Posted by B_Swapped93
pis show my issues I need the ID for 2 water(?) ports

about the car:
OEM oil cooler
NO heater core
no OEM PCV

The top one used to go to the pcv box but what about the 2nd lower one? to the IACV? I just looped them to keep dirt out. i have a catch can so the pcv is no longer relevant I will plug the top one but I need help with the 2nd lower one. I found conflicting things online saying FITV but a 98+ itr had no FIT from the factory afaik.

The upper nipple goes to the top of the oem black pcv box to drain oil, And the lower nipple should go to the IACV for coolant flow!.

I know the one closest to the timing belt is the one that goes to the intake manifold flange, but what about the one closest to the starter...heater core?

Heater core

Lastly, ignore the things written in the pic... that water port is it the ones that goes to the heater core also?.
Heater core

Since I'm using a Skunk2 throttle body it eliminates the coolant lines. so took off my ITR coolant neck housing and i used a B16 housing because it has a nipple for a coolant hose and routed the nipple on the thermostat housing with a hose to the IACV. Otherwise i would of had to block off the nipple on the coolant tube on the back of the block which i didn't want to do to prevent any leaks from blocking it off.

Last edited by wunfstgsr; 03-10-2015 at 05:34 PM.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wunfstgsr
Heater core

thanks man I just responded to your post in the ultra series manifold thread, like you I have the issue of the ultra series and a billet throttle body with no coolant lines. i'm going to loop the heater core ones like I did last time.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks man I just responded to your post in the ultra series manifold thread, like you I have the issue of the ultra series and a billet throttle body with no coolant lines. i'm going to loop the heater core ones like I did last time.
Yea i just used a b16a water neck housing that has the extra coolant nipple to use to route a hose to the IACV and the other nipple on the IACV goes to the small nipple on the coolant tube on the back of the block which the two larger hoses from the OEM oil cooler is connected to.

Last edited by wunfstgsr; 03-10-2015 at 05:42 PM.
Old 03-10-2015, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea i just used a GSR thermostat housing that has the extra coolant nipple to use to route a hose to the IACV and the other nipple on the IACV goes to the small nipple on the coolant tube on the back of the block which the two larger hoses from the OEM oil cooler is connected to.
it's the most forward housing right?. Ok it's 20 bucks that's cool, I just reuse my ITR rad hose eh you have an itr in your tegg right?...it just bolts up.

thanks a ton btw was putting this off for the longest time lol.

#6 right 7 is discontinued. it almost doesn't look like it will fit bolt up/port wise #1 is the gsr and #2 is the ITR
Attached Images   

Last edited by B_Swapped93; 03-10-2015 at 04:49 PM.
Old 03-10-2015, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it's the most forward housing right?. Ok it's 20 bucks that's cool, I just reuse my ITR rad hose eh you have an itr in your tegg right?...it just bolts up.

thanks a ton btw was putting this off for the longest time lol.

#6 right 7 is discontinued. it almost doesn't look like it will fit bolt up/port wise #1 is the gsr and #2 is the ITR
Owe man my mistake correction its the water neck housing! where the upper radiator hose goes into, not the thermostat housing sorry! yes I'm using a Type R engine and i don't think the gsr coolant neck bolts up to the ITR head so it has to be a b16 i used. I had the coolant neck in my box so I'm not 100% sure what engine it came from.

Old 03-10-2015, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Owe man my mistake correction its the coolant neck housing! where the upper radiator hose goes into, not the thermostat housing sorry! in fact I'm not even sure its a GSR it might be a B16 because yes I'm using a Type R engine and i don't think the gsr coolant neck bolts up to the ITR head so it has to be a b16 i used. I had the coolant neck in my box so I'm not 100% sure what engine it came from.

That's what I was thinking the ITR/B16 share the same style head same code in fact, so the most forward neck #6 in each diagram. the one below is a b16 head i'll just get some hose from the part store ad run I to the iacv.
Attached Images  
Old 09-04-2016, 03:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pics show my issues I need the ID for 2 water(?) ports

about the car:
OEM oil cooler
NO heater core
no OEM PCV

Thermostat Housing Nipples
Gearbox side: Coolant Bypass Hose (your thermostat will not open as much with this hose elsewhere, ask me how I know)
Timing Belt Side: Heater Core Return Outlet

Upper Coolant Neck
This hose you are referring to normally runs from the intake manifold but they must have changed it. Either weld the hole shut, run hose to IACV or loop it to the block. You could look for a P30 OBD1 coolant neck as they don't have the nipple on them.

Soz for bumping an old thread, adding info for future reference of others.