Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Help deciding between motor mounts

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 09:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Help deciding between motor mounts

So, I've gotten fed up with my polyurethane mounts I installed when I did my engine swap 1.5 years ago and have decided to change them out. The issue is, I've just moved across the country to California and money is super tight right now. Optimally, I'd like to buy a new set of OEM mounts but that's out of the picture for the time being. Right now I'm weighing between two options: cheap brand new mount set from rockauto, Amazon, etc for $50-$70, or used OEM mounts. Which do you guys think would be a better option assuming the used OEM mounts weren't too high mileage?
Old 06-20-2019, 07:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Help deciding between motor mounts

I don't know if the cheap mounts from Rockauto are the same as ebay OEM replacement mounts, but if they are, then they will be trash. i tried the super cheap ebay mounts for a car that i was going to sell and the holes wouldn't even line up on the trans mount. I would have had to elongate the hole by 3-5mm.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:58 AM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

oem -> hardrace. that would be the order of operation.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the input GR_dc2, I'll stay away from them. I'm sure the rockauto ones are the same as eBay ones

Originally Posted by tony_2018
oem -> hardrace. that would be the order of operation.
I didn't say anything about hardrace...I was asking between used OEM mounts or new rockauto.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:52 PM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

hm, oem gets my vote. pricey but its less rumbling in the cab.
Old 06-23-2019, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a cheap set from ebay, came as a kit with all five mounts, fitment was good and they work fine, low cost. I ended up skipping the side mount on the driver side by the timing belt mount as the vibrations increased more than I wanted, I put the oem side mount back in and everything was good again, the oem side mount is pretty good and rarely fails, the other mounts are the ones that need replacement more often than not. I hate any car with vibrations caused by hard mounts.
Old 06-23-2019, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
I bought a cheap set from ebay, came as a kit with all five mounts, fitment was good and they work fine, low cost. I ended up skipping the side mount on the driver side by the timing belt mount as the vibrations increased more than I wanted, I put the oem side mount back in and everything was good again, the oem side mount is pretty good and rarely fails, the other mounts are the ones that need replacement more often than not. I hate any car with vibrations caused by hard mounts.
How were the vibrations after you replaced that upper left mount? Also, how was the actual engine movement? I hate getting that feeling of the engine moving when letting off the gas pedal in lower gears...
Old 06-24-2019, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

I used Beck & Arnley mounts from Rockauto when I did the B20 swap on my Integra and they were fine for 30k miles/2 years until it was wrecked.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks motormouth. I think I'll buy a set of those and a lower mileage OEM upper left moint
Old 06-25-2019, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would not hesitate to buy from RockAuto if money is tight. I've ordered Moog bushings from them before and received OEM bushings instead.