Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

hazards work blinkers don't.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon6 hazards work blinkers don't.

just bought a 94 gsr. hazards work fine. hazard relay clicks. but blinkers/turn signals don't come on. on my cluster the arrows don't work either. even when hazards are on. checked online on a couple of threads and seems like this happens to couple of people. I've read to check the fuses and I did. all fuses are fine. what else can I look for? even if I have to ghetto rig it, I want my trn signals to blink...

Last edited by 3rdtimecharmer; 02-26-2012 at 06:13 PM. Reason: re wording
Old 02-26-2012, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hazards work blinkers don't.

bump. is this what ht turned into? a bunch of people only commenting on cosmetic topics..
Old 02-26-2012, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Details on the car?

Does it have sub/amp wiring? Was it owned by an old lady, or a young kid who thought it was a race car? Reason is, I'm wondering if it is an electrical error or someone's mickey-mouse-wiring blunder.

I know when you remove the steering wheel, there is a clip that needs to line up or something when you put it back together? I've never installed an aftermarket wheel but anyone else who has could chime in.

Oh and you already checked it, but my first guess was fuses
Old 02-26-2012, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it was a gsr shell picked up by some guy. swapped a ls motor and "restored" it so to speak. has detachable steering but thatcant be the problem?. does have some sort of wiring for the fan infront of the radiator. but the fan has it's own fuse box. my friend says I have a bad switch but Read about this problem and people give mixed solutions. could it really be more than 1 thing? I did buy it off a kid but he told me the left turn signal fell out and ripped the wires for the bulb. he replaced both signals with amber ones but never hooked up the bulbs. he told me he had it diagnosed and was told it's only the fuses. but obviously it's not. unless I missed one.. I even bought fuse kit and tested all the fuses under the hood and dash.all came on green. then I just put a fuse where ever I saw a empty slot and hoped it would work. no dice.

thanks in advance.

also the back seats do have tweeters above the stock speakers. I don't think they work. maybe I'll pull the panels and see what's going onthere....
Old 02-27-2012, 05:56 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Your problem is most likely the hazard switch, power for the signal lights goes through the hazard switch when the switch is off.

Because the hazard lights work, you know everything after the hazard switch is good and it is all common for the signal lights, so problem must be the hazard switch or before it, [signal light fuse] or wiring between fuse and switch.

To test/comfirm you will need to pull the hazard switch, check the yellow/black lead, [signal light power] it should have power when ign. switch is on.

You can do a temp. bypass by jumping from the yellow/black to the green/white, if that works, the switch is the problem so replace the switch. 94
Old 02-27-2012, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

k. it's my day off I'll try that. now I just gotta look up a diy to get to it. I suck at wire work and dislike it. but thanks! hope it works
Old 02-27-2012, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i downloaded the helms repair manual but as i said, i hate wiring. i dont know how to read. not sure which wires im looking for and which wires to connect to bypass this problem..
Old 02-27-2012, 04:24 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

It's not that hard, don't let it intimidate you.

The hazard switch has an 8pin plug...

The only leads you need to deal with are the yellow/black, [signal light power lead] and the green/white, [hazard switch output lead] use a scrap piece of wire to connect the yellow/black and the green/white leads together, you can just "stuff" the stripped ends of your jumper wire into the back, [wire end] of the hazard switch plug. or unplug the switch and "stuff the jumper wire in the switch end of the plug.94
Old 02-27-2012, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon6 Re: hazards work blinkers don't.

Originally Posted by 3rdtimecharmer
just bought a 94 gsr. hazards work fine. hazard relay clicks. but blinkers/turn signals don't come on. on my cluster the arrows don't work either. even when hazards are on. checked online on a couple of threads and seems like this happens to couple of people. I've read to check the fuses and I did. all fuses are fine. what else can I look for? even if I have to ghetto rig it, I want my trn signals to blink...
Dont sweat it-just leave it as is. When you get pulled over jsut tell the cop youre really indecisive.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah before or after I get my ticket for reckless driving in ca. haha -.-
Old 02-27-2012, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by fcm
It's not that hard, don't let it intimidate you.

The hazard switch has an 8pin plug...

The only leads you need to deal with are the yellow/black, [signal light power lead] and the green/white, [hazard switch output lead] use a scrap piece of wire to connect the yellow/black and the green/white leads together, you can just "stuff" the stripped ends of your jumper wire into the back, [wire end] of the hazard switch plug. or unplug the switch and "stuff the jumper wire in the switch end of the plug.94

how do I go about pulling the hazard button off? I was able to get the cover but I didn't want to break the button underneath it. do I take out the climate control deck or should it just pop out?
Old 02-27-2012, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Um the hazard button is held by two clips on the side. There is no pretty way of removing it. I just slowly pried it out and luckily I didnt break it. After you remove the button+button holding thing, there is a harness behind it that plugs into it. No need to remove the climate control, you can extend the harness wel beyond and pull it out
Old 02-27-2012, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by sebTeggy
Um the hazard button is held by two clips on the side. There is no pretty way of removing it. I just slowly pried it out and luckily I didnt break it. After you remove the button+button holding thing, there is a harness behind it that plugs into it. No need to remove the climate control, you can extend the harness wel beyond and pull it out

thanks man. I'll try again tomorrow before work