Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Acura Integra (https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-integra-6/)
-   -   Great BUT affordable header? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-integra-6/great-but-affordable-header-2952131/)

Brandeezy1 06-27-2011 08:11 PM

Great BUT affordable header?

Looking to invest some money in a header for my b18c1. Been looking around at the different types and unsure which I should invest in. Whats a great header for my b18c1 but affordable. Nothing too fancy but nothing crappy. No price range right now. Just getting ideas. OH, i'm in highschool. No rich kid here.

GranDaddyPurp 06-27-2011 08:21 PM

Re: Great BUT affordable header?

look for the rmf narrow replica. that is a good header that makes decent power. and it also has good clearance for cars with low ground clearance. i think you can find them for under 300 now

hatmanafro 06-27-2011 10:34 PM

How about itr replica headers?

wunfstgsr 06-28-2011 12:35 PM

iv had allot of high end header and replicas on motors iv built and tuned on the dyno at churches, the tri y headers on ebay work great! the jdm itr replicas are decent to, i think i hit 198hp with a semi stock gsr motor and that header, iv hit 216hp on a ebay 2.0 big tube tri y header on a semi built gsr motor, im about to get a obx tri y header from ebay to retune my pro charged ITR, this header should free a whole lot of power once i replace the dc 4-1 itr unit. i would get the obx or a tri y 1.8l small tube for a gsr motor. best bang for your buck! dont waist $800 on a header that will only free up an extra 2-3hp!!

PreyStayShun 06-28-2011 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by wunfstgsr (Post 45544875)
iv had allot of high end header and replicas on motors iv built and tuned on the dyno at churches, the tri y headers on ebay work great! the jdm itr replicas are decent to, i think i hit 198hp with a semi stock gsr motor and that header, iv hit 216hp on a ebay 2.0 big tube tri y header on a semi built gsr motor, im about to get a obx tri y header from ebay to retune my pro charged ITR, this header should free a whole lot of power once i replace the dc 4-1 itr unit. i would get the obx or a tri y 1.8l small tube for a gsr motor. best bang for your buck! dont waist $800 on a header that will only free up an extra 2-3hp!!

Off Topic, sorry to TJ OP, but this may pertain to you... Can that header be used w/AC, PS...etc? Does it need a "half size" radiator?

wunfstgsr 06-28-2011 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by PreyStayShun (Post 45546735)
Off Topic, sorry to TJ OP, but this may pertain to you... Can that header be used w/AC, PS...etc? Does it need a "half size" radiator?

nope they clear radiator and ac.

BoltonGSR 06-28-2011 05:08 PM

Greddy 4-2-1 assuming its still on the market. I paid around 300 back in my integra days...

::ek-4:: 06-30-2011 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by Brandeezy1 (Post 45540465)
Looking to invest some money in a header for my b18c1. Been looking around at the different types and unsure which I should invest in. Whats a great header for my b18c1 but affordable. Nothing too fancy but nothing crappy. No price range right now. Just getting ideas. OH, i'm in highschool. No rich kid here.

Hytech replica headers are your best bet. The RMF header is great but you have to run a slim fan. When you replace your header though please not that your exhaust / cat is more than likely going to have to be modified. These headers are designed for ITR's which we all know run a totally different sized piping both in length and width. Just be sure you get it all figured out before you spend your $$.

Measure out a buddy's pipes!! (No homo)