Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Got a Summon today for NOISE....in NY

Old 09-23-2003, 05:59 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a Summon today for NOISE....in NY

Today I was in queens NY and there were many cops pulling people over. I was lucky enough to get pulled out by one of them and his reason for pulling me over was that my Exhaust is too loud. I was pissed because I have a greddy EVO and it's street legal, by I didn't want to argue with him so I was cool about it. So He took my Regist, and liscence and came back and gave me a summon for "Noisy muffler." Violation 24-218??? He said this is a summon, not a ticket, that I HAVE to go to court to clear it. He even wrote down the place, date and time for me to appear in court. He said just buy a silencer and bring to court the reciept and dress nice and I'll be okie, I might have to pay a little fee he said.. What should I do? Print out Greddy's DOT approved and Go to court on that day? or plead not guilty? btw, He wrote the time wrong and he also put down Green for my car when my car is Black. My car is a coupe and he put down sedan. Although he gave me a summom, he was kind of cool with me. I guess I didn't agrue with him...... Is end of the month here, quotassssssss!!!.. ahhhh... What should I do....?
Old 09-23-2003, 07:05 PM

Default Re: Got a Summon today for NOISE....in NY (acuraLSSE95)

There HAS to be something more productive these cops can be doing with their time .......just stupid .
Old 09-23-2003, 07:14 PM

Default Re: Got a Summon today for NOISE....in NY (gsrintegra1976)

HA, you havent seen anything until you live in a little town in Kansas called Bel Aire...

theres prolly 5 police cars total with no more than 4 patroling at a time, 1 for backup.

its about 3:30-4pm on a teusday afternoon, heading home from school, one of these cops stops us for driving on the shoulder and suspision of drunk driving! (keep in mind its approx 20-30 min after school is out)

thats not even the worst part, after he pulls us over and comes up to the window, we are both asked out of the car and he searches us without probable cause. by this time there are 3 of the 4 on duty cars there checking us out. they find nothing (we had nothing illegal) and let us go back on our way.

this wasnt the first time either, ive driven past a pig in the little town that was clocking people and i was doing maybe 15, no higher in a school zone(20 legal) and then they mistakenly pull me over thinking i was some other teg(also 92 teg HB) turns out this other teg they meant to pull over was GREEN, not BLACK and was doing 24 in the 20 school zone...

god i hate how some pigs hate hondas and have nothing better to do

(just wanted to flame on the 50s some )
Old 09-24-2003, 07:07 AM

1...he said your car is green and u say its black...hes incorrect/not accurate
2...he said its a sedan...u have a coupe...hes incorrect/not accurate...with that being said i think the judge will throw it out...how can the officer say your car was loud when he cant even determine the righ color of your car or how many doors you have...how can he prove your car was loud when he failed to prove color,and how many doors...thats my opinion...
Old 09-24-2003, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you still lose the case if you plan on using that ticket as mis read information.. i was once driving around in flatlands and totally forgot my license at home and cops pulled me over.. all i had was my cousins permit and we obviously looked diffrent, insurance and registration was diffrent from the permit and the cop still gave me a ticket but under my cousins name and address lollol. thank god he did that, thats grounds for arrest i get pulled over all the time for dat bullshit, all you have to do it this, i hope you know somebody that works in a mechinac shop or body shop.. have them write a fake reciept saying that it was fixed and show it to the judge, case dissmissed.. that is all what the judge wants to see is a recipet saying it was fixed..
Old 09-24-2003, 08:27 AM
New User

Default Re: Got a Summon today for NOISE....in NY (91integraLSVTEC)

thanks, I do know a a friend that owns an auto shop. all I need is a receipt saying that I got a silencer and installed/fixed my problem, right?

thanks
Old 09-24-2003, 08:40 AM

Yeah that should work. But to tellyou the truth, i'd also print out the DOT you were talking about from GReddy. That would help a lot proving that it IS street legal.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got a Summon today for NOISE....in NY (teg-your-it)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teg-your-it &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">12...he said its a sedan...u have a coupe...hes incorrect/not accurate</TD></TR></TABLE>

you said he has a coupe... he has a hatchback... you're incorrect/not accurate

Old 09-24-2003, 09:32 AM

Default Re: Got a Summon today for NOISE....in NY (AH Tow EX)

AH Tow EX

first learn how to copy and paste..i dont see the number 12 anywhere in my post!
second learn to read..where in the original post do u see that he stated he has a hatchback..thats what i was basing my statement on..

thank you ..have a nice day..
Old 09-26-2003, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I got stopped by a pig for going 48 in a 40 zone. A person was tailgating me, people were passing me, and I was stopped because I was the only one in a red sports car that was around, so the pig was probably like "oh that kid is definetly speeding, pull him over."
AHHH