Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Got door dinged BIGTIME yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 07:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got door dinged BIGTIME yesterday

This really makes me upset...

After paying over $200 to have every single dent and door ding pulled out of my teg, someone had the nerve to slam their big *** door into mine while at work yesterday.

To make matters worse, I even parked on an end spot where I could leave a huge gap between my car and the next parking space. When my work day was finished, I go to my car only to find this big ***, fugly, Lincoln Mark III less than 2 feet from my car. As I disable my alarm, it chirps to notify me my alarm had gone off (keep in mind I have it on the least sensitive adjustment). I think to myself, "Oh **** -- what got stolen now?" So, I check my clear corners, headlights, front lip, etc, then notice a big *** black mark the same height as the door moldings in the Lincoln parked next to me. For those who aren't familiar with the Lincoln POS, it has long *** doors that could swing open and hit your car from 20ft away.

Rather than waiting for the idiot owner of the car to get off work, I place my business card with a note on the driver's window of the POS, hoping to get a call today. I figure that since we both work for the same company and we're supposed to be professionals, he/she will contact me.

What do you do when someone door dings your car? Has anyone tried to actually file a claim over a door ding?
Old 04-01-2005, 07:17 AM
Hijacked

Default Re: Got door dinged BIGTIME yesterday (red_96rs)

that really fukked up ... honestly i never claim over door dings.... but if he/she never call u up go ahead and do it keep us updated...

myself wut i really do when i parked next to the big *** cars/trucks, or some piece of bucket i write down their plate numbers in case they leave a mark on my car i can chase em down easy and have em pay for the damage so no need to claim it from their insurance, but if they refuse to pay me cash to get it fix thats the time to dig from their insurance (payback is always a biishh)..... i suggest, just negotiate wit him/her..
Old 04-01-2005, 07:21 AM

well, you should file a police report at the spot. If you have the prove that the damage is caused by someone car, then the insurance will pay for it.
I think it's too late now. hope the other driver admit the fault.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:26 AM

daayyaamm, I'm sure he'll give ya a call considering there's some pretty good evidence against him and yall both work for the same company.
If not....thats dirty. You got the plates # right?
Old 04-01-2005, 07:27 AM

Default Re: Got door dinged BIGTIME yesterday (sleepyIntegra)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
well, you should file a police report at the spot. If you have the prove that the damage is caused by someone car, then the insurance will pay for it.
I think it's too late now. hope the other driver admit the fault.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I could always dig up our survailance tape that security keeps of our employee parking lot...

However, I'm pondering how much fuss do I want to make out of a door ding? Keep in mind some people don't really care for their cars like some of us do. Then again, it is still inconsiderate for someone to swing open big *** doors with no regard.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This happen to me recently....however the car was so close I couldn't even get in my car from the drivers side. I had to climb accross the passenger side and I am 6'3" 230lbs so I was alittle pissed to say the least. Now my car has a big *** dent and the other car has a bigger dent

Call your insurance and see what they say...
Old 04-01-2005, 08:16 AM

Just found out who the "suspect" is. The owner of the POS happens to be a guy that works in our IT department. He hasn't got in the office yet, but it will be interesting to see if he contacts me.

If he doesn't call or come by my office by lunchtime, I'm going by to collect....
Old 04-01-2005, 08:21 AM
I hate everything

Yeah, lincoln's are ridiculous. I would of waited for him personally. Thats just me though. But yeah, keep us updated.

iTR
Old 04-01-2005, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, my teg has dings in it like you wouldn't beleive.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:59 AM

Default Re: (shogun-dc2)

You could try having your company pay for it. Similar incident happened in my company parking lot and the company for the damage.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:09 AM

Default Re: (timmy8151)

Update.......

The guy who dinged my car actually aproached me while I was in a hottie's -- I mean co-worker's office. He's apologized for it and offered to pay. He's a stand up guy.

I guess once in a while you run into honest folks. Now it's time for me to call a paintless dent guy to come here. I might as well fix the dent my wife did, too.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:15 AM

glad to hear the guy was honest about it and he will pay for the damage.

i would be just as mad if that happened to me and i would expect someone to do the same, however, many people are not as nice and honest today so you got lucky. glad everything will get resolved for you
Old 04-01-2005, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats good of him to come and tell you sorry. Im sure hed of felt like an *** if you confronted him about it.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (97tegGS)

if it ever happens again and not at work I would file a police report if the police don't come out to file one than get his plate number and car info. I alway keep a camera in the car for such purpose. So if they try to refuse i have the picture to prove to the insurance.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:55 AM

Default Re: (maxrpm)

I try to live by the golden rule... but when I'd owned my GSR for exactly one week I went to a local cruise in at Pizza Hut and had an incident.

This guy parked LITERALLY less than a foot away from me and needless to say, he dinged my Teggy pretty hard.

I'd just spent 4 hrs washing and waxing the car before the cruise in so I just came unglued.

I think he got a little more damage than I did.

BTW, it was almost 10 PM and the lot was probably half full, so I'm thinking he parked like that to be a *****.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Sharad)

do u guys think its possible to bang a dent out of the back of my hatchback.. its right behind the door in front of the rear fender
Old 04-06-2005, 02:12 PM

Default Re: (VINtegra91)

I got my dings pulled out. I figured that I might as well get out the ones my wife put in, too.

I decided to use a company I had a good experience with, PDP (Paintless Dent Professionals) in Orange County. They are a mobile service that came to my work 2 years ago and fixed 5 panels for $275. The guy did a good job.

This time, some dude came and seemed to really be in a big hurry. I asked him, "How long will it take?" He replied, "Ummm - about 15 minutes." So, I left him in our employee parking lot while I ate lunch since it took 40 minutes last time. After about 3 minutes, he calls and tells me its ready.

I came outside and looked for the dings. Didn't see any evidence they were there, so I paid him and TIPPED him on top of the $125 I was charged. BIG MISTAKE. I should have inspected my interior.

It turns out he really scratched the panel that lines the driver's side / rear small window. The dude was in such a hurry, he really fucked them up with a sharp tool and didn't tell me.

Now I have to call another company to collect......
Old 04-08-2005, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

your story is like a roller coaster ride. good luck.
Old 04-08-2005, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (calxtreme)

its one thing after another these days
Old 04-08-2005, 03:21 PM
Trial User

I would have left o note on tha guys car that he needs ta pay up some money ta get ur car fixd. And if he didnt well..... lets just say his car would not be looking to good. GL on ur car tho man, hope it works out
Old 04-08-2005, 03:35 PM

Default Re: Got door dinged BIGTIME yesterday (sleepyIntegra)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sleepyIntegra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well, you should file a police report at the spot. If you have the prove that the damage is caused by someone car, then the insurance will pay for it.
I think it's too late now. hope the other driver admit the fault.</TD></TR></TABLE>

See, Thats what your spare tire tool is for

You use it as your personal dent maker
Old 04-08-2005, 04:06 PM
95GSRTT

Default Re: Got door dinged BIGTIME yesterday (vtecluder97)

See thats completely bullshit. I had someones car hit mine while i was parked, saw a nice lil dent and scratch on my rear bumper, called the cops. They asked me if i was out there when it happened. I said no, but you could tell the car was like 1 foot away from my bumper still.

They said nothing they could do and have a great day. Kinda pissed me off
Old 04-08-2005, 06:41 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Got door dinged BIGTIME yesterday (95GSRTT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95GSRTT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">See thats completely bullshit. I had someones car hit mine while i was parked, saw a nice lil dent and scratch on my rear bumper, called the cops. They asked me if i was out there when it happened. I said no, but you could tell the car was like 1 foot away from my bumper still.

They said nothing they could do and have a great day. Kinda pissed me off</TD></TR></TABLE>

U shoulda told them that u were sitting in the car when it happend
Old 04-08-2005, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got door dinged BIGTIME yesterday (JdM DA InTeGrA)

Atleast all you had was a ding. Some ******** backed into my car one time, while I was in work.
My passenger side front fender, right behind the headlight, had a grapefruit sized dent in it, and white paint scratched around it. The ****** probably thought it was no big deal since the other fender and hood weren't painted yet. Turned out to be another part I had to replace. And they left. No note, no nothing. **** pisses me off still, and this was months ago.

to ******** who can't take responsibility for their actions.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:29 PM

wtf... sucks... hey join the club... i have quite a collection.