Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

goodness sakes more elec problems, passenger blinker comes on with headlights

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default goodness sakes more elec problems, passenger blinker comes on with headlights

this is probably something i have to figure out on my own, but just incase anyone else has ever had this problem then you can help me....

my passenger side blinker works like the headlights do, if i switch the lights on the the blinker light stays on, if the lights arent on and i put the passenger side blinker on then everything blinks-headlights, taillights, gauge cluster and heater lights

what do youguys think? just a wire for the blinker came loose and is touching the headlight power wire or what? this is gay and im tired of this janky **** on my car
Old 09-02-2004, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: goodness sakes more elec problems, passenger blinker comes on with headlights (hammerdgolfer)

well the only time i ever had this happen is when I stuck the wrong bulb in the 1157 socket..i got free bulbs and I was going to use them but when i stuck them in and tested it out it just stayed on with the headlights and never blinked
Old 09-02-2004, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: goodness sakes more elec problems, passenger blinker comes on with headlights (hammerdgolfer)

have you let or would any of your friends mess with your car? because some of my friends do things like that, like connect your horn to lights or your windhsield wipers to the ignition. hahaha. *shrugs*
Old 09-03-2004, 01:25 AM

Default Re: goodness sakes more elec problems, passenger blinker comes on with headlights (laezpnai)

hey where is the 1157 socket?

haha i would do crazy **** like that to my freinds... if i wasnt so fat and unambitious
Old 09-03-2004, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the 11157 socket is the one you turn signal goes into..its the big one not the small one behind the front bumper lturn signal lights

if you haven't replaced your turn signal bulbs recently i doubt it is what I was talking about...i mean maybe the socket went bad...but I am not a big electrical person so I don;t know other than from my experience
Old 09-03-2004, 11:43 AM

Default Re: goodness sakes more elec problems, passenger blinker comes on with headlights (Wild0ne21)

no i did replace like the two passenger front ones, and one of the break and turn signals in the back on the passenger side

thanks for all the help yo
Old 04-16-2007, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Come back from the dead... I have the same problem, but I didn't change anything, just driving and the exact same thing started to happen. What did you do to fix it. I was gonna start with the flasher relay, but figured I would ask you first. Headlights on, both pass blinkers on constant, and won't blink, hazards won't work, left blinkers works perfect. Headlights off, everything is perfect. I'm hoping my sockets didn't go bad, I hate wiring!!
Old 04-18-2007, 11:53 AM
im hench irl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hah my hazardz come on when i flik my left turn signal on...wtf?
Old 04-18-2007, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: goodness sakes more elec problems, passenger blinker comes on with headlights (lechuza05)

Check your grounds. A bad ground will cause seemingly unexplainable electrical problems. I had a ground wire come loose on my truck and the lights and trailer brakes acted really funny.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: goodness sakes more elec problems, passenger blinker comes on with headlights (mc-integra111)

My problem went away after it stopped raining... problem solved!...obviously something is wrong in the wiring, I'm thinking in the rear, something is being shorted out from the puddle water splashing up from rusted out quarter panel. For now I'll just keep it dry though til I have to time actually troubleshoot
Old 06-11-2007, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: goodness sakes more elec problems, passenger blinker comes on with headlights (lechuza05)

Ok, so it's acting up constantly now, not just when there's apparent moisture. Here are my exact symptoms:
*Parking lights or headlights switched on -->
both passenger blinkers on solid, won't blink, dash indicator is on for right blinker.
*Parking lights and headlights switched off -->
passenger blinkers blink, but so do the both taillights (very faintly) and the driver front blinker (very faintly).

Have already switched with a known good blinker module and a known good multi-function lever (headlight/blinker switch lever thing on steering wheel) and nothing. Someone suggested checking grounds... any clue where I should start exactly? Boo for wiring.