Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Acura Integra (https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-integra-6/)
-   -   Fuel Leak and Gap Problem? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-integra-6/fuel-leak-gap-problem-1145197/)

revtechgsr 02-10-2005 02:09 PM

Fuel Leak and Gap Problem?

Hey guys,
I recently did a little tuneup: ngk spark plugs, wires, msd cap and rotor, and blaster 3 coil. Now my mpg has shot down to about 180 a tank! It was around 300 - 325. Could it be the gap? I gaped it at .05 which is what is recomended.

Also, I found a small leak from a rubber hose from the fuel line. ( under front left hand headlight fuel line connects to a rubber hose then back to a fuel line. )
or is that not the line.
So what do you guys think

97 gsr stock

virusiidx 02-10-2005 04:06 PM

you might wanna check out that leak, check your injectors and the seals also.

pubestripe 02-10-2005 06:47 PM

Re: Fuel Leak and Gap Problem? (revtechgsr)

yeah i bet it is in the fuel system, but it is amazing to me how many people put ignition products on a stock engine. it is pointless, there are graphs and plot sheets that prove the stock ignition outperforms aftermarket... but that is another story.

JimBlake 02-11-2005 04:45 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by revtechgsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Also, I found a small leak from a rubber hose from the fuel line. ( under front left hand headlight fuel line connects to a rubber hose then back to a fuel line. )
or is that not the line.</TD></TR></TABLE>Could you explain that a little better? All the fuel lines I know about are located between the engine & the firewall...

stareatsun 02-11-2005 05:03 AM

stock gap is .4 not .5

revtechgsr 02-11-2005 07:21 AM

Re: Fuel Leak and Gap Problem? (JimBlake)

Its a leak from the front of the car. It goes from metal lines from the firewall to the front of the car and loops around back the way it came. (not a joke) In the front where the leak is it has a rubber hose connecting the metal line. I believe it is a fuel line. what else could it be. Also, I know that msd ignitions don't do much on stock cars however, would it give me better mpg? Thats what summit racing told me so that why i purchased it.
Thanks again

JimBlake 02-11-2005 08:03 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by revtechgsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">... I believe it is a fuel line. what else could it be...</TD></TR></TABLE>Almost kinda sounded like the hose for the power-steering cooler to me? That 'cooler' is just a steel tube going across in front of the radiator/condenser, & folds back the way it came.

revtechgsr 02-11-2005 09:14 AM

Re: Fuel Leak and Gap Problem? (JimBlake)

Thats probably what it is. I didn't think fuel lines would have a rubber hose connecting them. Okay, so what the hell happened to my mpg? It was fine until I installed the msd ignition kit. Think that is what it is? Could I have it incorrectly gaped? I have it at .05 like it says from kragen.

JimBlake 02-14-2005 03:28 AM

Spark timing has more influence over mpg vs. gap. Make sure that's good.

Fuel lines have rubber hose, it's just not located up by the headlights.