Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Fuel Injector Wiring problem (dead plug wiring help)

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Injector Wiring problem (dead plug wiring help)

I purchased a DC2 not long ago and it has Precision 680cc injectors installed and they idle like crap. All kinds of burping at idle. SO, my plan was to do away with the Precision injectors and the resistor box they use (obd0 Integra). I look at the wiring and it looks like they just spliced the black/yellow wires to the resister box pig tail and then plugged in the box. I unplugged the box and just re wired the black/yellow wires back to the dead plug. It's 8 total black yellow wires. From my research it seems that 4 are 12v and 4 are from the injector that get 12v while the other injector wire (color wires) go to the ecu for ground.

I set everything up correctly in hondata and started the car. The car is DUMPING fuel now. Like I have fuel in my exhaust and all over the place. I shut the car down and haven't been able to figure out what is wrong.

The injectors came off my DA integra (RC550cc that was running perfectly with the resister box removed. I used the same deadtimes from my DA integra on my DC. My a/f is showing 7.8 which confirms all the fuel in my exhaust. I thought all these wires on the dead plug was just a dead end and a 12v supply. The only thing I can think of is if there is a wiring order that I need to follow when wiring back to the dead plug. Any help with this would be awesome.

How do I need to wire this dead plug? Only 4 wires where spliced all together out of the dead plug wires.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fuel Injector Wiring problem (dead plug wiring help)

I messed with the wiring a little more and I'm just confused. I noticed that when I don't have the wires connected I can prime my injectors and build fuel pressure. When I connect the wires together I get 0 fuel pressure meaning the injector(s) are staying open and why I'm dumping fuel.

with power on and the dead plug cap in places, all the wires produce 12v coming out of the plug. I started to hook the wires up one by one now to see if fuel pressure dropped when I did this and only one wire going to the injectors causes the fuel pressure to drop. When I apply 12v I can see the fuel pressure drop to 0 instantly. I though the black/yellow wires coming from the injectors were +12v wires and the ECU grounds each injector. Maybe the wiring harness is molested? It doesn't look like it but I'm so confused at this point. Need some help.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

can you post a pic of how you have the injector plugs(pigtails) wired currently? what is this dead plug you're talking about?. do yo have stock injectors you can try stock FPR?.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Here is how the wiring is now. I took the wiring apart bc it couldn't be right. My fuel pressure regulator is fine.... Every5hing was swapped on from a running car.... Rail, injectors, regulator.... Only thing different is in need to remove the resistor box and can't figure out the wiring. Thanks for helping.
Attached Images   
Old 02-16-2015, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Here is the wiring from the resistor box. Notice how there are 5 wires on the resistor box but only 4 wires used on the engine harness. There was one wire that was pinned in the resistor box big tail which you can see as a black/yellow wire. I cut this wire when removing the resistor box. I thought I could just hook the wires back together and all would work but it won't.
Attached Images  
Old 02-16-2015, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

maybe this helps matching them as they do need to be matched vs just attached(not saying that's what you did). ignore the splice arrows it was from a thread about wiring in a box but I gigured it may help
Attached Images   
Old 02-16-2015, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have seen this picture and based on visual inspection, the wires that are cut on my harness are the injector black/yellow but how do I know which wire is what on the other side of the wire cut? I guess I will just open up the harness and follow them back to each injector. Or is there another way I could identify them using a multimeter or test light?
Old 02-16-2015, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think I found my problem. When I unbolted the rail I saw that the injector wire got pinched between the rail and the mounting point all the way down to the wire. Must have been holding my injector open and pissing fuel. I had fuel coming from my turbo manifold lol. Gonna let the motor dry out and see how it goes. I ohmed out the wires one by one to see which would give me resistance and wired the injectors back together. It sounded like it's running way better just need to clear out all that fuel. Thanks for the help.