Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

DIY Wire Harness

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 11:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIY Wire Harness

Not sure if I'm in the right sub forum but I'm asking in here anyway. Please Admin move to correct sub forum if need be.

So I'm attempting to make my own harness for my swap. The car is a 2001 Integra LS and the motor is a JDM ITR. I know I can use the LS harness and add VTEC. Additionally I know that I need an OBD2B to OBD2A harness. I already have the B to A harness and I have a RyWire VTEC subharness that should arrive tomorrow.

But that's not the point of this post. I'm trying to challenge myself and build my own "tucked" harness. I've been doing a lot of research and have damn near every drawing of the ECU pinouts as possible. I also have some pinout references for the harnesses inside the engine bay (C101, C102, C013, etc.)

The problem I'm facing is that whereas some of the ECU pinouts make sense to what I need to plug in where (i.e., Injector 1 into ECU pinout A4) a lot more of the ECU pinouts make no sense to me. I've been tracing out every wire and pinout location from inside the engine bay from connectors I know go into the ECU but can't make sense to where they connect to on the ECU. On top of all that I've only really traced the engine bay harnesses on the passenger side but haven't even started tracing the ones that connect on the driver side (C125, C126, C127).

I know I may be way over my head but I know there has to be someone out there that knows what I'm talking about. Heck guys at RyWire and ChaseBays are doing this kind of stuff all the time. What I'm basically looking for is something that tells me more in detail what goes where. For example: Where does the Throttle angle sensor reference voltage pin C103-10 go on the ECU??? Like I said some are easy to figure out but some have me scratching my head.

For reference I'm using ECU pinouts for an OBD2A and I'm using the JDM harness as the donor. I just ordered the ECU plugs and pins to get this project started.

Here are some of the sites I've been using as reference so nobody thinks I'm not doing my homework.
.:FFS TechNet : OBD2a ECU Pin out Schematics :.
ECU Pinouts | HondaSwap
http://www.b18c5eg.com/dc2itr_vx.pdf

Thanks for any and all help. Sorry for the long post.
Old 10-30-2015, 12:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: DIY Wire Harness

The obd2 JDM ECU's only have "obd2" NO A/B just like our scanners run a different OS and they won't read a jdm ECU. You literally don't need to do anything you listed save from VTEC wiring, you're turning simple 2+2 into a Polynomial you're fine to plug and play the ECU's.
Old 10-30-2015, 12:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I've recently done an entire chassis harness on a 96 integra and removed pretty much everything that didn't make the car run. It's not as complicated as it seems but you really just need to pull the entire harness out of the car and strip it of its loom. Just be patient and really focus and you will get it done. Position your battery, fusebox, and ecu where you want them then run the harness to them. If you are moving your battery inside I recommend a firewall pass through thingy. I can't recall what the technical name is, Summit and Jegs sell them and then just get and o-ring to fit around them for a water tight seal. If you need any pictures or further help just ask.
Old 10-30-2015, 12:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Garage_Spec
I've recently done an entire chassis harness on a 96 integra and removed pretty much everything that didn't make the car run. It's not as complicated as it seems but you really just need to pull the entire harness out of the car and strip it of its loom. Just be patient and really focus and you will get it done. Position your battery, fusebox, and ecu where you want them then run the harness to them. If you are moving your battery inside I recommend a firewall pass through thingy. I can't recall what the technical name is, Summit and Jegs sell them and then just get and o-ring to fit around them for a water tight seal. If you need any pictures or further help just ask.

He doesn't need to do **** remotely near that he's putting a jdm itr in a non-vtec body... vtec needs to be wired and the ecu just plugs in. He's not trying to do some wire tuck i'm 90% sure you need the thread regarding the DIY wire-tuck, which has already been answered.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by B_Swapped93
He doesn't need to do **** remotely near that he's putting a jdm itr in a non-vtec body... vtec needs to be wired and the ecu just plugs in. He's not trying to do some wire tuck i'm 90% sure you need the thread regarding the DIY wire-tuck, which has already been answered.
Ok so for the record I am trying to do a tuck of some sort.

I'm basically trying to make one of these: (Property of Rywire)

Out of this:

As you can tell from my photos I'm tracing everything out from my harness. This harness had 6 plugs (3 on the passenger side and 3 on the driver side) that connect to the shock tower plugs. (c101,c102,c103, etc) I'm not trying to reconnect at the shock tower plugs and run the harness behind everything and straight thru the firewall.

What I'm trying to find is something that tells me what each plug from my shock tower plugs go into the ECU. Like I've stated before some are easy to figure out but most of them are confusing to me.

Hopefully I cleared up the confusion a little.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by B_Swapped93
The obd2 JDM ECU's only have "obd2" NO A/B just like our scanners run a different OS and they won't read a jdm ECU. You literally don't need to do anything you listed save from VTEC wiring, you're turning simple 2+2 into a Polynomial you're fine to plug and play the ECU's.
For the record you're right that JDM ECUs don't use the OBD2A/B stuff. But my JDM ECU is configured like a USDM OBD2A ECU. It uses plugs A, C, and D. My car is a 2001 which has an OBD2B ECU. The plugs going into my ECU are configured using A, B, and C. So yes I know the LS harness can be used and that I need to run VTEC wiring. But it's not a simple plug and play into the ECU. A jumper harness is needed to convert my OBD2B plugs (going into the current ECU) into OBD2A plugs for the JDM ECU.
Old 10-30-2015, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Pin outs will only get you so far a Factory Service Manual or ALLDATA/Mitchel that's in no way off the shelf stuff ppl here just know, i'm guessing the pin out sheets are from FF-TECH/Squad(forget which it is). For the tucked portion are you asking where to loop it through or how to loom it tight etc, you seem to know what you're doing so tucking I should be no issue for you.
Old 10-31-2015, 03:49 AM
Technical Hero

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I also suggest getting the factory service manual. Its downloadable if you google it.