Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default DIY: Boost gauge install

Tools needed:
Phillips Screwdriver
Electrical tape
Wire
Wire cutters/strippers
Knife (Optional if you actually have to TEE into a vacuum line, I didn't)

Time needed: Ehh, 30 mins. I took my time. You could do it in 5 if you didn't wire stuff up.

Step 1: Make sure you have something that in the near future your gonna boost! Gather tools, get ready to play!

Step 2: Look at the instructions! Easy enough. Vacuum line goes from the gauge to a port on either the manifold or a Tee fitting (as shown in the diagram).

Step 3: Run your vacuum line: I went from here on my manifold....

Through the firewall and hooked it on my gauge!

I removed the lower panel under the steering column to have better access to under my dash.
Note You want your line to be as kink free as possible, so keep that in mind when you run it.

Step 4: Test to see if it works!

Step 5: Wire in the light. This is simple. You'll need to extend the wires that come with the gauge. I ran my ground to a bolt that holds on a support piece on my dash.

Anyway, one you have your ground run, extend the power wire (mine had 2, I used one) and run it to a fuse that comes on with the lights. You can find this in 3 ways:

1:You can use a test light to find the correct fuse
2:You can touch the power wire (after the ground wire is grounded) to each fuse and turn on the lights until the gauge lights up.
3:Look on the back of the fuse panel and hook it to the instrument cluster lights

Step 6: Double check all your wires, make sure they are taped up, connected good, whatever Time to test it out!

Kewl. Here's a few more pics...

And there ya go! You now have a working boost gauge! Now get you some boost or you'll just be a ghey ricer. Which, well.... Dang, I guess at the moment I am huh? Does it count that my turbo is under my couch??!!!! I'll be boostin soon enough..

Enj0y!
Old 10-16-2008, 05:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: DIY: Boost gauge install (mac_24_seven)

ghey ricer with no boost

nice work. Did that gauge come with that tubing or is that something you bought extra? The AutoMeter guages and other mechanical ones I have purchased in the past have come with a white nylon tubing. And it kinks and breaks kind of easily. The stuff you have there looks pretty nice.