Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Acura Integra (https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-integra-6/)
-   -   DC2 "How can i tell if a Integra is a LS model or a GSR Model by exterior and interior?" (https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-integra-6/dc2-%22how-can-i-tell-if-integra-ls-model-gsr-model-exterior-interior-%22-2100153/)

92EG8 09-17-2007 06:26 AM

DC2 "How can i tell if a Integra is a LS model or a GSR Model by exterior and interior?"

How can i tell the difference between a LS and a Gsr chassis? I read the faq on the taillights . IS that 100% true? Also are GSR's the only model with leathers?? I'm very confused on how to tell the difference. Are there little small things you can notice like Muffler styles? Front Bumpers? Thanks for any input https://honda-tech.com/forums/images/smilies/emthup.gif

PatrickGSR94 09-17-2007 06:30 AM

Re: DC2 "How can i tell if a Integra is a LS model or a GSR Model by exterior and interior?" (92EG8)

taillights? Those are the same on all models.

Really there is no way to tell from the outside if you're looking at pictures. If you're looking at it in person, just peek at the VIN on the dashboard. JH4DC4 would be an RS, LS, or GS, and JH4DC2 would be a GS-R or Type R.

I believe the GS and Special Edition models had leather available, and GS-R's also had cloth available on all years so you can't go by that.

Schister66 09-17-2007 06:41 AM

check the VIN in the window

GSR= JH4DC2xxxxxxxxxx
LS, GS, RS= JH4DC4xxxxxxxxxx

LVCURVS 09-17-2007 06:43 AM

Re: DC2 "How can i tell if a Integra is a LS model or a GSR Model by exterior and interior?" (Patric

3RD brake light. I'm pretty sure Gsr's had them only on the wing, not in the window.

nsxtasy 09-17-2007 07:06 AM

Re: DC2 "How can i tell if a Integra is a LS model or a GSR Model by exterior and interior?" (Patric

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PatrickGSR94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">GS-R's also had cloth available on all years</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nope. The leather interior became standard on the GS-R in 1999. As you mention, other models had leather too, but if it's a '99 or later and has an original cloth interior, it's not a GS-R.

Schister66 09-17-2007 07:08 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LVCURVS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">3RD brake light. I'm pretty sure Gsr's had them only on the wing, not in the window. </TD></TR></TABLE>

true....i've seen LS's that have a light in the window. My GSR doesn't have that....then again, i dont have a spoiler either https://honda-tech.com/forums/images...s/emsmilep.gif

PatrickGSR94 09-17-2007 07:17 AM

oops, forgot about the 3rd brake light. If it's in the window (with visible plugs on the outside of the glass) then it's not a GS-R. Although, the only visible exterior differences to the 94-95 GS-R and the Special Edition were the printing on the badge on the right rear of the car. The badge itself is even the same shape and size.

.Smitty. 09-17-2007 07:17 AM

If the car is stock then take a look at the wheels:

LS mesh (besides 97 GSR) and then steelies came on, obviously, the LS.
GSR blades or fat 5's for the GSR.

Rickdrizzle 09-17-2007 08:11 AM

look at the rims. then there's the gauge cluster, Ls has 8k redline whereas gsr has 9k. then there's the 3rd brake light, gsr's don't come with those on the rear window like the other models. then there's the seats.

if those don't work, then there's always the good ol vin.

dc2 = gsr/itr
dc4 = the rest

fcfromhell420 09-17-2007 08:38 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Schister66 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

true....i've seen LS's that have a light in the window. My GSR doesn't have that....then again, i dont have a spoiler either https://honda-tech.com/forums/images...s/emsmilep.gif</TD></TR></TABLE>
my ls dosnt have the third brake light

mike5809 09-17-2007 08:41 AM

also side moldings. if its not painted its an rs and ls i believe. if painted then gsr/special edition/and gs i believe (maybe not the gs)

3rd brake light

wheels

exhaust, gsrs are a bit different then ls/gs/rs

and dont the rs/ls have different rear brakes? not 100% sure

B serious 09-17-2007 09:42 AM

Re: (Rick to the y)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rick to the y &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">look at the rims. then there's the gauge cluster, Ls has 8k redline whereas gsr has 9k. then there's the 3rd brake light, gsr's don't come with those on the rear window like the other models. then there's the seats.

if those don't work, then there's always the good ol vin.

dc2 = gsr/itr
dc4 = the rest</TD></TR></TABLE>

The LS has like a 7kish redline. The GSR has an 8k redline. The cluster reads 8k and 9k at the absolute top (respectively).

But like everyone said: JHDC2 vin = GSR. JHDC4 vin = everything else.

What about the 4 doors, though?

Redemption 09-17-2007 09:50 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike5809 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">also side moldings. if its not painted its an rs and ls i believe. if painted then gsr/special edition/and gs i believe (maybe not the gs)

3rd brake light

wheels

exhaust, gsrs are a bit different then ls/gs/rs

and dont the rs/ls have different rear brakes? not 100% sure</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is only on the rs and ls till 98. After that their molding are also painted the same color as the car.

mike5809 09-17-2007 10:03 AM

ah ok good to know https://honda-tech.com/forums/images/smilies/emthup.gif

PatrickGSR94 09-17-2007 10:05 AM

Wheels are not a good indicator of model, because anyone could have swapped any 4x100 wheel on there at any point in time.

Same thing goes for anything else on the car. Wheels could have been swapped, as well as interior, moldings could be painted, etc. The only thing really to go by is the VIN, or just look at the engine under the hood if you can get access.

I think we need to know from the OP if he is just looking at pics online of the car or if he is looking at the car in person. That makes a big difference in the things you can look for.

B serious 09-17-2007 10:05 AM

98+ GSRs also have a shorter header.

assuhnine 09-17-2007 10:51 AM

Re: DC2 "How can i tell if a Integra is a LS model or a GSR Model by exterior and interior?" (92EG8)

look at ur vin if its a gsr tehn it shud say dc2

92EG8 09-17-2007 10:57 AM

allright thanks guys appreciate all the input on the topic of the thread . I'll just check the vin since that seems to be the most ACCURATE way to tell .Thnaks again

ac_attak 09-17-2007 11:24 AM

Re: (92EG8)

gsr's have a dohc vtec sticker on the back.

Nicks95GSR 09-17-2007 12:20 PM

If it comes with moonroof then it either an LS, GS, special edition, or GSR. RS dont come with a sunroof. GSR come with leather interior, or black, tan interior. Blades, fat fives, RPM @ 8 thousand, exhaust a lil different and Valve cover.

Gant 09-17-2007 12:53 PM

Re: (Rick to the y)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rick to the y &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">look at the rims. then there's the gauge cluster, Ls has 8k redline whereas gsr has 9k. </TD></TR></TABLE>

https://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b...2k1/wtf3td.gif

my gsr has a 8k redline, no way near 9k.

vtec8804 09-17-2007 12:55 PM

Redline

fbmbmx07 09-17-2007 12:58 PM

my 4-door gsr has the badge on the back that says DOHC V-TEC. def check the vin and valve cover.

WookinPaNub 09-17-2007 01:00 PM

Re: DC2 "How can i tell if a Integra is a LS model or a GSR Model by exterior and interior?" (Nicks9

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nicks95GSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If it comes with moonroof then it either an LS, GS, special edition, or GSR. RS and Type-R's dont come with a sunroof. GSR come with leather interior, or black, tan interior. Blades, fat fives, RPM @ 8 thousand, exhaust a lil different and Valve cover. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Some non-Gsr models came with leather, as discussed above. I agree the best way to tell is the vin.

WookinPaNub 09-17-2007 01:01 PM

Re: DC2 "How can i tell if a Integra is a LS model or a GSR Model by exterior and interior?" (Nicks9

Modified by 97LSTeggy at 3:18 PM 9/17/2007