Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Acura Integra (https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-integra-6/)
-   -   danteisme's 1996 DB8-Found and Rebuild Thread (https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-integra-6/danteismes-1996-db8-found-rebuild-thread-3207101/)

JRCivic1 03-24-2024 07:35 PM

Re: danteisme's 1996 DB8-Found and Rebuild Thread

Nah... drill a 7/32" hole in place of the broken off port. Then tap the hole 1/8" NPT. Then screw in a 1/8" NPT male thread to 1/8" hose barb and you are done. If you have OCD... cut the bottom nipple off and do this task twice to make the vacuum barbs match. ;)

danteisme 03-25-2024 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by JRCivic1 (Post 52814454)
Nah... drill a 7/32" hole in place of the broken off port. Then tap the hole 1/8" NPT. Then screw in a 1/8" NPT male thread to 1/8" hose barb and you are done. If you have OCD... cut the bottom nipple off and do this task twice to make the vacuum barbs match. ;)

I knew you would have the solution I was looking for!

EDIT: I saw an MVM Stepper pulley for sale on ebay. Not sure that I'll use it, but the price was right so it will live in my jackson racing extra parts bin for now LOL.

JRCivic1 03-25-2024 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by danteisme (Post 52814472)
I knew you would have the solution I was looking for!

EDIT: I saw an MVM Stepper pulley for sale on ebay. Not sure that I'll use it, but the price was right so it will live in my jackson racing extra parts bin for now LOL.

Nice. Do you know which style MVM pulley you found ? Type "A" fits all alternator applications except the Type R (GS/LS/RS, GSR, B16A, and CRV) and the Type "B" fits the Type R alternator only.

After further consideration of your current issue, I may have another option... I might have a spare original JR hammer-in nipple/barb that I can send you... and this way, all you would have to do is drive it in with a hammer (hopefully pushing the broken part of the original nipple out into the inside). You may also want to use a tool (properly sized punch) to drive the broken barb out first before hammering in the new nipple/barb.

danteisme 03-26-2024 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by JRCivic1 (Post 52814869)
Nice. Do you know which style MVM pulley you found ? Type "A" fits all alternator applications except the Type R (GS/LS/RS, GSR, B16A, and CRV) and the Type "B" fits the Type R alternator only.

After further consideration of your current issue, I may have another option... I might have a spare original JR hammer-in nipple/barb that I can send you... and this way, all you would have to do is drive it in with a hammer (hopefully pushing the broken part of the original nipple out into the inside). You may also want to use a tool (properly sized punch) to drive the broken barb out first before hammering in the new nipple/barb.

Uh oh, I'm not sure which one it is, I didnt realize there would be more than one LOL. The ad said "MVM stepper pulley for any B Series Alternator".

That would certainly be an easier option! Let me know if you do have one and I'll send you some $$$ for the part and shipping. If not, no biggie, I just placed an order for a small set of NPT taps.

JRCivic1 03-26-2024 07:59 PM

Email or PM me a link to the ad and I can help identify the pulley.

danteisme 04-02-2024 06:35 AM

Hopefully going to make some real progress on this install this weekend. Having parts gone for so long and taking so long to get back, I've really lost a lot of motivation to get this thing done. Its such a momentum killer. The car has not been on the road since December 2022. Eeeeek.

danteisme 04-05-2024 12:51 PM

Well, to get my a$$ in gear with this, i scheduled an appointment with a tuner for May 6th. Lets gooooo!