Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Acura Integra (https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-integra-6/)
-   -   DA integra one piecers. What bulb is it? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-integra-6/da-integra-one-piecers-what-bulb-2494667/)

shandonwall 02-07-2009 02:32 PM

DA integra one piecers. What bulb is it?

Hey everyone, I got a really stupid question. What bulbs work with the JDM One-Piece headlights for the DA integra? I'm trying to order HID's and I need to know what bulbs to get. Thanks all.

da6forlife 02-07-2009 07:15 PM

Re: DA integra one piecers. What bulb is it?

the bulb should be the same as the oem headlights. as for the HID's, you can go to autozone or kragen's website and search the car year make and model and they should have a list of the lights and the bulb number.

StokelesS_g2 02-07-2009 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by da6forlife (Post 37326778)
the bulb should be the same as the oem headlights. as for the HID's, you can go to autozone or kragen's website and search the car year make and model and they should have a list of the lights and the bulb number.

WTF. STFU.

The main driving bulbs are H4H. There are HID kits for these, just search around.
You can use regular H3 bulbs for the foglights, and the corner light is a 168/194 (either one).

MasterLsGod 02-07-2009 08:42 PM

and u can use h4's as well for hid's

tilegend 02-07-2009 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by MasterLsGod (Post 37327432)
and u can use h4's as well for hid's

another misinformed post... the base for H4H and H4 are completely different.

StokelesS_g2 02-08-2009 06:05 AM

Hahaha, You will want the H4H PERIOD!

Anything will work though (w/ modifications), and Possibilities are endless, if you have the time and money.

PatrickGSR94 02-08-2009 06:43 AM

Anything other than H4H will look like crap, though.

And any HID kit will be crap, too.

shandonwall 02-08-2009 04:58 PM

So, when I find an H4H kit, which HID kit should I go with. I want something nice. I know to stay away from those super cheap ebay deals. Thanks for your help man.

Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 (Post 37329701)
Anything other than H4H will look like crap, though.

And any HID kit will be crap, too.

shandonwall 02-08-2009 05:10 PM

Damn this odd ball freakin bulb, some places tell me i can use h4 bulb and modify to fit, other places say no. some places say h4 hi/low is the way to go, and still some others say h4 bi-xenon. Jesus criminy!! Someone tell me the bulbs i need, and which kits are the better ones out there. I was thinking mcculloch, cause my guy has them. thanks again

DAteg402 02-08-2009 07:42 PM

im wonderin the same thing i tried to go get some new bulbs last night and they could not match the bulb with anything at autozone i dont know what to get i want shit to fit not modify a bulb to work this is bs!! WHAT FITS AND WORKS????

DAteg402 02-08-2009 07:42 PM

!

sp00ledbseries 02-08-2009 07:48 PM

id be interested to know this to. my buddy has a jdm front on his dc and getting bulbs for that was a pain in the dick. we finally just took the whole headlight in auto zone and started opening bulbs and see if they worked (with permission)

redpreludesi 02-08-2009 09:22 PM

well i was reading around as well some guy bought an h4 bulb but use a pair of tin snips to match the pattern of an h4h bulb from what he was saying the way the bulb sits in the housing it looks like shit and doen'st project worth shit so stay with h4h like everyone else was saying and the guy also had hid kit in his one piece as do i i spent 350 on my kit and it was worthless looked like shit i sold it went back with reg h4h bulbs just throwing it out their... and i own a da with one pieces i have no idea what a dc bulb is...but h4h you can get em jdmshit their piaa super bright i have em and they are deff bright and they project nice but their 80 bucks or so i think pricey ... but worth it

PatrickGSR94 02-09-2009 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by DAteg402 (Post 37337388)
im wonderin the same thing i tried to go get some new bulbs last night and they could not match the bulb with anything at autozone i dont know what to get i want shit to fit not modify a bulb to work this is bs!! WHAT FITS AND WORKS????

If you want to stay halogen, you need H4H bulbs. You can find them online, but you almost certainly will not be able to find them at a local auto parts store.

Please, stay away from any sort of PnP HID kit. It will be truly crap. A good H4H bulb will probably put more light where you need it than a PnP kit will, and it won't blind everyone.

If you really want HID, a projector retrofit is the only way to go. This guy polished out a clear section in front of the projectors in his DA one-piece headlight so that the beam pattern would be un-obstructed by the prismatic lenses. More pics here (not sure of the original thread) https://honda-tech.com/forums/lighting-107/pic-request-hid-retro-da-2491538/

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...nd/10pt506.jpg

Originally Posted by sp00ledbseries (Post 37337474)
id be interested to know this to. my buddy has a jdm front on his dc and getting bulbs for that was a pain in the dick. we finally just took the whole headlight in auto zone and started opening bulbs and see if they worked (with permission)

96-01 JDM Integra headlights use 9006/9005/H3/1157 bulbs, do they not? Pretty much the same as USDM headlights.

shandonwall 02-09-2009 06:36 AM

Ok, so, still haven't gotten word on good HID kits. I really don't want projectors. I'm going JDM as much as possible. What are good brands for kits? McCulloch, Phillips?? I'm just going to search for H4H's. Thanks everyone

Robstunner4 02-09-2009 06:40 AM

it wont be JDM at all with those headlights and a PnP kit

PatrickGSR94 02-09-2009 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Robstunner4 (Post 37341290)
it wont be JDM at all with those headlights and a PnP kit

nope, sure won't. Philips doesn't make any sort of "kit" either. If you see one labeled as Philips, it is fake.

I am continually amazed at how people will forgo proper function just for a certain aesthetic, even when that aesthetic is incorrect if we got really down to the technical details about it.

EF in Germany 02-09-2009 07:18 AM

you can get the H4H bulbs from passwordjdm for 14.99. thats where i had to get mine due to the fact that no one in germany carried H4H bulbs

Bl6da9 02-09-2009 12:10 PM

First you will not find the H4H bulb at any local auto parts store. They must be purchased on line, if you go this route buy raybrig bulbs. Now if you go HID I highly recommend you do a projector retrofit. Without the projector the flutes in the JDM headlight will scatter the beam all over the place and you will be blinding people. I personally did the projector retrofit and what I did was place the projector as close to the lense as possible. Take it this is not better than sanding the flutes down so it can be transparent but it is better than having the projector deep inside the housing and having the flutes scatter the light beam.

My car is the black one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...a9/davepo4.jpg

Notice even with the projectors its still not perfect because of the flutes.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...9/IMG00114.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...tation1ql5.jpg

shandonwall 02-09-2009 05:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hey, what does PnP stand for? I'm kinda new to all this stuff. Thanks for the input. By the way, here's pics of my new DA. Right now its just sitting without a motor and trans, but it's getting a b17 (for now). it received a wire tuck and its got a really clean body (was a Cali car), and eventually, i think I want RHD!! We'll see where the road leads with my DA.

PatrickGSR94 02-09-2009 05:23 PM

PnP = plug 'n play HID kit. Junk. :thumbdown:

Robstunner4 02-09-2009 06:08 PM

yes.

also, i dont understand why people would make their LHD cars RHD......

dmpd_ef 02-09-2009 06:43 PM

bcuz its cool :P

i never went w hid's but heres a tip you can try if you want

what me and some of my friends did since we couldnt get the right bulbs for the 1 pieces was we snipped the headlight sockets from a 92-95 civic (anyone it doesnt matter) and spliced it onto the integra harness, it fit perfectly into the rubber back piece thats on the 1 piece headlamp and now you can just go to any autoparts and buy bulbs for a civic that will work in your integra.

sorry i dont have any pics but its a pretty straightforward process

Bl6da9 02-10-2009 04:45 AM

I've also seen people take a regular H4 bulb and cut the base with some dikes to some what resemble the H4H. This will let it mount in the DA JDM headlights but it will not give you the light output. If you notice the actuall bulb on the H4H is much longer than a regular bulb. I have a working pair of H4H's at my house along with an H4, I'll take a picture of the two so you guys can see what I mean.

shandonwall 02-10-2009 05:10 AM

Well, I think I am going to skip the HID's then. What a mess!! Anyways, what does everyone think of the PasswordJDM H4H bulbs, I think they are $40 for a pair. And they say they are 4350k. I just want some nice bright lights, I love midnight back country road drives in the early and late summer when the night time air is in the low 60's!!