Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Crank pulley question

Old 07-06-2019, 08:49 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crank pulley question

Hello, all. Iím new here, and I need a bit of help. I have a 95 Integra, and when I turn on the AC, the two pulleys that crank the AC and alternator stutter and spin slowly, but the power steering section moves at the engine RPM speed. When I shut off the AC, the rear section of the pulley starts moving. Is this a key issue? Itís killing my battery and melting me in this hot summer sun. Any help/advice would be helpful. Thanks
Old 07-07-2019, 05:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Crank pulley question

the description is a bit confusing, firstly nothing on the crank pulley can move differently as it is a one piece pulley. If the pullies on the a/c and alternator move differently perhaps the belts are loose. The a/c compressor is clutch activated, when it shuts off a portion of the pulley disconnects , when it turns on a portion reconnects due to the clutch activation. . If your a/c doesn't blow cold check your belt, otherwise you likely have a low Freon condition and the system needs service , it may or may not need replacement parts but that is hard to diagnose without a professional looking at the system.
Old 07-07-2019, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your crank pulley is moving at different speeds for different sections then it needs to be replaced. It's supposed to be one solid piece but they can break apart.
Old 07-07-2019, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Post is confusing, only thing I can think of is that each access. is on a different size section of the crank pulley. So some look like its spinning faster/slower than others.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott T View Post
Hello, all. Iím new here, and I need a bit of help. I have a 95 Integra, and when I turn on the AC, the two pulleys that crank the AC and alternator stutter and spin slowly, but the power steering section moves at the engine RPM speed. When I shut off the AC, the rear section of the pulley starts moving. Is this a key issue? Itís killing my battery and melting me in this hot summer sun. Any help/advice would be helpful. Thanks
You need a new AC clutch unit, just grab a used one at the junk yard and replace the whole AC unit. Simple swap.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: