Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

New Car - Old Member

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Car - Old Member

Hola Honda-Tech

I know there's really no tech question in this post so if it needs to be moved/deleted that is fine. If not, here goes. Been a member for years, and have owned more civics/crx's than I'd like to admit. Got out the scene for a few years due to having a car payment on an EP3 that was a ****ing shitbox. Finally got rid of it recently and was able to pick up a pretty clean LS. Getting married Dec 31st of this year so progress at the moment will be slow. Just trying to clean it up cosmetically until I got the cash flow for motor work.

Here it is the day I bought it. Paid $2k and scooped it up from a junkyard in Ontario, Ca. Salvage title but only 125k miles, which isn't bad for a 94. All power options worked and even had the ac/ps. Had to refill ac but works great now. I wished it had tinted windows, driving the 60 fwy home with a ronald mcdonald yellow R emblem on a stock LS isn't exactly low key.

4x4 ready I guess eh?

Lame *** autozone shift **** that was broken to **** and the stock dual bend was stripped to ****.

Carpet was kind of nasty, but overall interior wasn't THAT bad, typical tear on seat.

Pleasant little surprise under the rear hatch carpet. Of course, missing the spare board cover. Had some lying around after building a ramp for my fiance's brother. Made a new one in about 20 minutes.

Car was repainted at some point and they did a great job masking things off, as you can see in this pic of the lights that were so yellowed/dulled I literally couldn't drive at night.

Car was mechanically sound but I put new plugs/valve cover gasket in anyway as a precaution. Changed the trans fluid and oil, also bled all the clutch fluid for some fresh stuff. Flushed the cooling system too. Had to replace door locks, hatch lock, and ignition since all were different keys and hatch was mangled beyond repair. Picked up locks from a member on the board, 95ProjectEJ1 <- great seller btw.
Threw on a cheap ebay alarm so I could have remote door locks.
Started cleaning the interior up.

Took my rotary polisher to the headlights and got them looking like new again. Not pictured, I replaced the OEM antennae mast, god that thing was a PITA.

A few days later I picked up a cheap ebay lip for now until I can get a new OEM one. And polished/waxed the car. The car hadn't settled yet in these pics, it ended up sitting so low the mudflaps rubbed when I took any kind of turn or had a fatty in the car. Had to take 'em off for now

Couldn't spring the cash for a real suspension setup so for now I'm just rocking Neuspeed yellows so I'm not 4x4 status. Got them for $40 off CL

Can't afford wheels yet, so I decided to pick up some of this 3M DiNoc carbon weave wrap and start wrapping some interior pieces. Saw this on team integra and thought it looked good if done sparingly. Yeah, shitty ebay ****/shifter but it does the job for now. Not pictured are the door locks/window switchs/clock which I wrapped aswell.

And that's how she sits as of today. Just trying to get it driveable since its just a dd/beater for now. Sorry for the huge post but I'm a picture/document *****. Next up will likely be some GSR seats or rewrapping mine in pleather.

ps - my ep3 and my cbr ;P

Last edited by ServiceAdvisor; 11-30-2010 at 10:23 PM. Reason: not tech related?
Old 11-30-2010, 11:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: New Car - Old Member

Great start, should have bought the SI VTEC lip instead of that one IMO but the paint is fresh and you should repaint the grill back to black.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:35 AM
Old Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great pick up.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the R is for Ronald McDonald, lol! Your ride looks 10X better since you took over. Hey, how did you clean up your lenses, mine are pretty fogged out, ive been thinking of using that Mothers ball thing.
BTW, Congrats on getting married. Ill be proposing to my lady around that time this year. Best to you both
Old 12-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

"Great start, should have bought the SI VTEC lip instead of that one IMO but the paint is fresh and you should repaint the grill back to black."

Yeah, I have my eye on the JDMshit one. http://www.jdmshit.com/parts/exterior/SiVTECpu/ Super good price on it right now. And I have considered blacking out the grill I'm just unsure as to how at the moment since I lack a quality paint gun. Maybe I'll start looking into one since I'd like to color change later down the road anyhow.

"the R is for Ronald McDonald, lol! Your ride looks 10X better since you took over. Hey, how did you clean up your lenses, mine are pretty fogged out, ive been thinking of using that Mothers ball thing.
BTW, Congrats on getting married. Ill be proposing to my lady around that time this year. Best to you both "

Thanks breh, to clean the lenses was really simple. You need some Turtle wax rubbing compound, Blue Magic Headlight Lens Restorer, rubbing alcohol, a terry cloth rotary pad and a rotary polisher. I got the supplies all at Pepboys for like $20 and the rotary is a Harbor Freight unit. http://www.harborfreight.com/7-inch-...der-92623.html

Remove bumper, spray headlights with alcohol, put rubbing compound onto pad and buff lense until the compound starts to dry and come off. Do this until most of the hazing/dulling/yellowing is gone. Keeping the rubbing compound wet with alcohol will help keep the lenses from getting any large scratchs. Now they should be dullish but not yellow/fogged looking anymore. Clean terry cloth pad off and now repeat process with Blue Magic Headlight Lens Restorer. Took me about 20 minutes per lens to get looking really clear. IMO the mothers ball is not worth it when you can fork over alittle more and have an actual polisher that does so much more than the Mothers ball.

Thanks, good luck and an early congrats to you too.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

these small details made your car look 100 x better
bump.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

cars look great! if you dont mind me asking where did you get the carbon weave wrapping at? great idea to do for the itr lookalike interior!
Old 12-01-2010, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by civic_1
cars look great! if you dont mind me asking where did you get the carbon weave wrapping at? great idea to do for the itr lookalike interior!
Ebay motors

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

comes in a small cardboard tube rolled up like a poster. Just clean pieces you plan on wrapping with dish soap first to remove all grease then apply and use a hairdryer or heat gun to shape/stretch and remove all bubbles. I also wrapped my fiances Corolla XRS center console with this stuff, its awesome.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nice job. looks much better already. the neuspeeds are a decent ride. had them on my old crx and loved them.
congratulations on the wedding as well!