Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

clutch SC squeaking

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch SC squeaking

i got a friend to pump the clutch pedal while i stood with my head near both the master and slave cylinders and my clutch slave cylinder is squeaking pretty badly each time the pedal is depressed. could this just be that the rod is squeaking against the fork as it moves because the grease burnt off, or do i probably just have to replace the whole slave cylinder? i wanted to try to grease the tip of the rod where it meets the fork, but my car is still hot as ***** right now, so i can't really get my hands down in there to work. plus i'd rather just grease the damn thing because i'm lazy and would rather work on my real project car instead of my daily driver.

any opinions, comments...has this happened to you?
Old 05-20-2004, 08:47 AM

Default Re: clutch SC squeaking (animated_life)

no one has any comments?
Old 05-20-2004, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine does that too. I've put grease on the ball/socket where the slave piston rod pushes the throw-out fork. Also tried to work a little grease into the folds of the rubber boot on the slave. It seems to work for a while, maybe you have to do that a couple times a year.

I think I should also try to get some grease on the pivot ball of the throw-out fork. But it's hard to reach in that far into the bell housing. AND there's that tube surrounding the input shaft, where the T-O bearing slides. You really have to pull the tranny to reach that.
Old 05-20-2004, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: clutch SC squeaking (JimBlake)

you can sorta get to it using lithium grease in a spray can. it should come with one of those red extension straw tips (i dont know what it's called) but it can help you get a bit closer to it. I just blasted it all over on the fork when my buddy's car was squeaking.

i bet with some creativity, like extending it with a flexible straw or hose, you could get it directly pointed onto the pivot ball.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JimBlake &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I think I should also try to get some grease on the pivot ball of the throw-out fork. But it's hard to reach in that far into the bell housing. AND there's that tube surrounding the input shaft, where the T-O bearing slides. You really have to pull the tranny to reach that.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 05-20-2004, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: clutch SC squeaking (tilt)

Well, I was afraid of spraying around & getting it onto the pressure plate & clutch disk. So I got a needle with a zerk fitting for my grease gun. Looks like an overgrown hypodermic...

So now I wait till it starts squeaking again.
Old 05-20-2004, 11:53 AM

Default Re: clutch SC squeaking (JimBlake)

What an annoying little problem! my clutch works just fine, it just squeaks like a ****. i wonder if you could make a seat for the rod end to sit in made out of polyeurithane or something. having to grease something like that is just a bad deal. what has to wear down to make it start squeaking in the first place? i mean, they're both just metal pieces...so what changed?
Old 05-20-2004, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by animated_life &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">... make a seat for the rod end to sit in made out of polyeurithane or something...</TD></TR></TABLE>Sorta like the newer ones. I'll have to remember to look but I think our '03 Accord is like that.

Edit: Maybe not... looks like that's just some sort of nylon clip at the end of the bellows.

Modified by JimBlake at 7:27 AM 5/21/2004