Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

clutch making noise please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch making noise please help!!

hey wassup guys i have a 91LS with a 94 ls motor and just today when i started up my car it started making this screeching/scratching sound and i had no idea what it was but it went away after a few seconds. than when i started driving whenever i put the clutch pedal in it would make that screeching/scratching noise and the clutch pedal felt different. than each gear would be a little harder to shift in. and whenever i took off in first gear it would make that hi pitched screeching/scratching sound. so i was wondering is my clutch going out? or what else could it be.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:33 PM

Default Re: clutch making noise please help!! (manyakiexpi)

i'm not sure about the screaching noise but if it is hard to shift into gear it is probably the clutch going bad, better replace it or get it checked out.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: clutch making noise please help!! (sport_injected_prelude)

yea thats what i was thinking.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if anything it could be a fucked up release bearing. either way your trans has to come out
Old 11-08-2006, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: clutch making noise please help!! (suzawa94)

could be the throwout bearing
Old 11-08-2006, 11:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: clutch making noise please help!! (qfast817)

yea i heard it could just be the release bearing. because b4 if i didnt push the clutch in it would make a sound like a skateboard wheel would make when spinning. but once i pushed in the pedal it would go away. so yea prollie the release/throwout bearing finally took a crap on me.

i turned my car on to show my friend what was up n while i held the clutch pedal in a big pop sound was made and than i couldnt shift it into any gear anymore. but the car stayed on. but yea anyways i guess im just gonna get the whole clutch kit so that i wont have to deal with taking off the tranny just to replace the bearing and than have to replace the clutch later on

what are some good clutches? for cheap. looking for someting like the stock feel. but good for racing? hahah
Old 11-09-2006, 01:50 AM
Night Owl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by manyakiexpi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea i heard it could just be the release bearing. because b4 if i didnt push the clutch in it would make a sound like a skateboard wheel would make when spinning. but once i pushed in the pedal it would go away. so yea prollie the release/throwout bearing finally took a crap on me.

i turned my car on to show my friend what was up n while i held the clutch pedal in a big pop sound was made and than i couldnt shift it into any gear anymore. but the car stayed on. but yea anyways i guess im just gonna get the whole clutch kit so that i wont have to deal with taking off the tranny just to replace the bearing and than have to replace the clutch later on

what are some good clutches? for cheap. looking for someting like the stock feel. but good for racing? hahah</TD></TR></TABLE>

You need a new clutch sounds like a blown spring. Exedy stage one kits are about $250 shipped on Ebay or from one of the sponsors here.