Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

CDM Type R rear seat replica?..

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts
Default CDM Type R rear seat replica?..

Hello, i like the look of the CDM rear red seats but can't afford them and can't justify paying that much just to have red rear seat so id like to know if anyone knows anyone or a shop in the S.D area that can reupholster a set of ls rear seats for me to look like the CDM rear seats or to match the red reccaro SRD seats, Or somewhere where i can purchase the red reccaro fabric?, if not ill just have a local shop do it for me. Iv searched and couldn't find a thread online where someone did this in the past.

If anything i will post pics of the seats in case anyone wants to do the same! I will have a shop reskin a set of LS seats or GSR which ever i end up getting. I want to match the Recaro SRD seats in my Integra.

Hopefully it looks very similar to the real ones!

Last edited by wunfstgsr; 01-04-2015 at 01:02 PM.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:13 AM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: CDM Type R rear seat replica?..

There's nothing more sad than a replica of a part that is desirable only because it is rare...especially when its only function is looks.

But try the appearance section maybe? Or just an auto upholstery shop via google.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty harsh man. Based on what you say, museum replica fine art is junk as well.
There is nothing wrong with someone appreciating the way their car looks as well as preforms.
That being said there is an upholstry shop Near Clarence Brown Alignment on Armour street in Kearny Mesa. Heard they are pretty good
Old 11-20-2014, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Mccormick009
Pretty harsh man. Based on what you say, museum replica fine art is junk as well.
There is nothing wrong with someone appreciating the way their car looks as well as preforms.
That being said there is an upholstry shop Near Clarence Brown Alignment on Armour street in Kearny Mesa. Heard they are pretty good
Lol...no you're definitely at another level with museum replica art. Not the same situation at all. Hopefully, I don't have to explain why.

And I'm not being harsh. I don't understand why someone would knock off something as pointless as red seats that are only desirable because they are rare and from a CDM ITR. No better function than stock seats.

Instead of your museum example, it would be like:

"I've always wanted TE37's to show off at a car show because they're expensive. Where can I buy rota grids at? I'm ready to settle and be sad because I could have just got the real thing."

"I've always wanted a Bentley. Where can I get a "B" grille for my Chrysler 300c?"

"I've always wanted a kitten. Where can I drown some kittens?"

All of the above are equally tragic.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:50 AM

OP doesn't need to listen to me. I did give him helpful advice along with my opinion. Or maybe I saved him the trouble of getting something for half price that will only make him 1/8th as happy. If you do the math there...thats 800 sadnesses.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by B serious
There's nothing more sad than a replica of a part that is desirable only because it is rare...especially when its only function is looks.

But try the appearance section maybe? Or just an auto upholstery shop via google.
Ok im not looking to reupholster these seats cause i want a "rare" looking set of CDM seats i could care less there so rare i like them cause there red and match the Recarro SRD seats i have.

Thanks i tried but i somehow posted it to the southern CA section smh!

Lol...no you're definitely at another level with museum replica art. Not the same situation at all. Hopefully, I don't have to explain why.

And I'm not being harsh. I don't understand why someone would knock off something as pointless as red seats that are only desirable because they are rare and from a CDM ITR. No better function than stock seats.

"I've always wanted TE37's to show off at a car show because they're expensive. Where can I buy rota grids at? I'm ready to settle and be sad because I could have just got the real thing."

"I've always wanted a Bentley. Where can I get a "B" grille for my Chrysler 300c?"

Again I'm not looking to replicate these seats so i can claim they are CDM seats! there just reupholstered red seats to match my front Recaros. Im tired of how my USDM rear seats look with the red reccaros. Cause they have a blue like color to them and its not appealing to me anymore.

OP doesn't need to listen to me. I did give him helpful advice along with my opinion. Or maybe I saved him the trouble of getting something for half price that will only make him 1/8th as happy. If you do the math there...thats 800 sadnesses.

Why would i want to spend over $2,000 on a set of CDM rears just so i can have a set of red rear seats when a set of reupholstered seats would make me just as happy in fact even more happy cause i paid way less to get the "look" i want! and its my choice on how i want my interior to look! I'm not looking to brag to everyone claiming there CDM seats!! no i simply want red rear seats to match my Reccaro SRD seats! what are the closest to that? CDM seats! but I'm not going to spend that much so whats wrong with reupholstering a set of seats to get the look i want? If i was going for a straight CDM interior conversion then yes id buy the real ones so i have the bragging rights but i could care less! I don't ever cheap out on my project car many members knows that here!

This is not a thread on me wanting to make a replica part so i can go around saying yea there real or whatever no id proudly say there just reupholstered seats.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks I'm glad you see what I'm trying to do here and thanks for the reference thats local to me so ill check them out!

Im not a fan of knock off parts at all! but when it comes to the look i want which is the red rear seats the CDM seats are exactly the look i want but its to damn expensive cause there so rare! wish other ITR's came with them so they would be affordable like the other ITR seats. So i see no problem re skinning a set of integra seats to match my recarros.
Old 11-20-2014, 01:08 PM

Your first post made it sound like you really wanted CDM seats but didn't wanna pay for the real ones. I think that's actually word for word.

If you're just looking to match your red front seats in colour, it's a completely different story.

I wasn't saying I did with any malicious intent. I was just assuming you were selling yourself short based on what you posted.
Originally Posted by wunfstgsr
Hello, i always wanted a set of rear CDM Integra Type R rear red seats but can't afford the real ones so id like to know if anyone knows anyone or a shop in the S.D area that has done this or can reupholster a set of ls rear seats for me to look like the CDM rear seats. Or somewhere where i can purchase the red reccaro fabric?, if not ill just have a local shop do it for me. Iv searched and couldn't find a thread online where someone did this in the past.

If anything i will post pics of the seats in case anyone wants to do the same! I will have a shop reskin a set of LS seats or GSR which ever i end up getting. I want to match the Recaro SRD seats in my Integra.

Hopefully it looks very similar to the real ones!
Old 11-20-2014, 01:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Your first post made it sound like you really wanted CDM seats but didn't wanna pay for the real ones. I think that's actually word for word.

If you're just looking to match your red front seats in colour, it's a completely different story.

I wasn't saying I did with any malicious intent. I was just assuming you were selling yourself short based on what you posted.
haha yea i guess it did sound like that maybe i should of stated the "look" of the CDM its all i really want. I guess I'm contradicting myself cause i too hate when people buy those fake recarro seats but all i want is a matching set of rears to match my front seats not to say i have seats that look like these or those seats, i just want a different color thats all.

I wonder if i can order the real skins from a Canadian Acura dealership and just wrap the seats myself.. But I'm sure they will be very expensive still. I got quoted by a local shop for $280 so ill see what happens but ill post pics if any is curious how it comes out. After i sell my USDM ITR rear seats ill be paying around $150 for these reupholstered seats. I Always wanted a full red interior! might wrap my center console lid with the same red sued material.
Old 11-20-2014, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Heres some current interior shots i just don't like how the USDM ITR rears look anymore! I got these Recarro seats basically brand new in condition so i got a recarro seat cover to protect the driver seat since its my daily driver as well.

Old 11-20-2014, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Not exactly what I meant but I see where your coming from. Funny **** though. I hate cats
Old 11-20-2014, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey WUF. How come your seats have a cubby hole in the middle? My Type r rear seats have padding straight across...
Old 11-20-2014, 02:39 PM

Hey WUF. How come your seats have a cubby hole in the middle? My Type r rear seats have padding straight across...
You have 4dr seats.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You have 4dr seats.
yup there from a 2dr ITR you got the extra child seat haha
Old 01-03-2015, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

These were made to exact specifications, there are made with the same suede and tweed as oem honda Type R seats. Will post pics installed with my recarro SRD seats.

Last edited by wunfstgsr; 01-03-2015 at 12:10 PM.
Old 01-03-2015, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can buy the EXACT suede & alcantara tweed fabric that is used on the usdm type r front & rear seats/jdm itr recaros & rear seats at the same place that sells that front recaro protective seat cover that you have.

A few minutes of browing and you will find it.

www.capitalseating.com

it's expensive though...
Old 01-03-2015, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by thadon805
you can buy the EXACT suede & alcantara tweed fabric that is used on the usdm type r front & rear seats/jdm itr recaros & rear seats at the same place that sells that front recaro protective seat cover that you have.

A few minutes of browing and you will find it.

www.capitalseating.com

it's expensive though...
Yes these are pics i was sent but ill get them in next weak but This is the same suede and alcantara tweed fabric as far as i know And even if it doesnt look the same as CDM seats this is what i wanted in the end. Copys or not im happy with them cause they should match my recarro seats perfect.

Last edited by wunfstgsr; 01-04-2015 at 01:06 PM.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what did the materials and labor cost you for your finished product?

They look decent
Old 01-05-2015, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by deving916
what did the materials and labor cost you for your finished product?

They look decent
$650 shipped, Ill be selling my ITR seats so down the road ill get back $175 or so.
Old 01-06-2015, 06:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey WUF. How come your seats have a cubby hole in the middle? My Type r rear seats have padding straight across..

You have 4dr seats.
yup there from a 2dr ITR you got the extra child seat haha
No, he probably has JDM ITR seats while you have USDM seats. JDM DC2 ITR seats dont have the plastic section in the center like their USDM counterpart.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Where did you go, and how much did it cost if you don't mind me asking? I've been looking to get my driver seat re-up but I don't want to go to tj to do it lol.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rikkireyes
Where did you go, and how much did it cost if you don't mind me asking? I've been looking to get my driver seat re-up but I don't want to go to tj to do it lol.
Well i got it from a guy who had it made in New York somewhere. Ill get the shops name and if anyones interested pm me and ill foward the info. But im sure theres a shop in S.D that can do the job just as good, i searched around and talked to a few shops in my area and was estemated around $450 for materials and labor. I then randamly came across these and decided it was more cost efficiant and less hassle if i just baught these then finding a set of used seats to redo then wait and hope it looks good.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Got them in today and wow they look amazing! they look like a perfect match to my recarro seats! they feel very nice too very pleased with how they turned out. My camera sucks these pics dont do it justice!

Last edited by wunfstgsr; 04-01-2015 at 01:25 PM.
Old 06-14-2015, 03:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

These were made to exact specifications, there are made with the same suede and tweed as oem honda Type R seats. Will post pics installed with my recarro SRD seats.
it's not the same tweed as honda seats, because only Honda can sell it!! it can be similar, but not the same.
Also capital seating states that is similar, not the same fabric.

Maybe you found the same Alcantara colour (not suede).
but for the center section of seats, only Honda has them and also I don't know if you can buy from them.

anyway, post some better pics of the outcome!

bye
Old 06-14-2015, 11:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Filo83
it's not the same tweed as honda seats, because only Honda can sell it!! it can be similar, but not the same.
Also capital seating states that is similar, not the same fabric.

Maybe you found the same Alcantara colour (not suede).
but for the center section of seats, only Honda has them and also I don't know if you can buy from them.

anyway, post some better pics of the outcome!

bye
The owner stated that the fabric's was purchased from the dealer and is the same but even if its not it doesn't matter to me, the sued feels the same as my recarros and so does the center fabric but its a great replica imo, looks and feels the same as my SRD seats. I really like them personally. Ads a real nice touch to my interior. Ill ad some more pics soon. Im almost done with my upgrades on my setup and will be retuning it and ill shoot some more pics. Im also going to clean my reccaro seats cause the shoulder bolster on the passenger seat is dirty. I got them near brand new condition and its sad how it looks right now. But my driver seat has been preserved because of the reccaro Type R seat cover.

Quick Reply: CDM Type R rear seat replica?..