Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Car wont start, i have spark and fuel

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 06:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car wont start, i have spark and fuel

My 94 RS has fuel and spark and it wont start . timing belt is fine. I was driving and the car just started to seem sluggish , misfiring. Parked and now it wont start. It has spark for sure as i pulled the plug out and layed it onto valve cover ground and im able to see the arc. As far as fuel the plugs are getting soaked , and i removed the bolt of the fuel filter and turned the key and gas shoots out. Why wont my car start?
Old 03-31-2008, 03:56 AM

TTT
Old 03-31-2008, 05:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

only component your engine would be missing if you have spark and fuel would be air....temorary disconnect intake and clean iacv to see if it starts
Old 03-31-2008, 06:33 AM

Default Re: Car wont start, i have spark and fuel (GrnZ)

well does it have compression
Old 03-31-2008, 02:56 PM

Yes it has compression. iacv is humming any ideas? Would a bad iacv make the car not start?
Old 04-01-2008, 05:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

no a bad iacv would not cause the car to not start...if you want to be sure replace it but i would say that by now you've been holding that key and cranking alot out of frustration and you're engine might be flooded
take out the spark plugs and wait overnight, blow air in there with a compressor if you have one, and try again
replace spark plugs if they're bad and you're balling
Old 04-14-2008, 09:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (lmike6453)

my b18c1 has the same issue...i need help guys..i re did my timing because my marks wouldnt line up using a timing gun...and after that the car just wont start....i have spark and fuel.....help me
Old 04-14-2008, 10:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mouab18c1)

take off the spark plug cap... and see if ur rotor is screwed in tight

do u know wha i mean??
Old 04-15-2008, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DiMpL3s.)

the dizzy is fine....i get spark and fuel...im thinking its my timing..but thats how i always do my timing..just gotta recheck it again....
Old 04-15-2008, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

try to start the car up , then check the engine code and tell us what it is giving off, if you dont know how to do this place a paper clip to bridge the ecu and put the car to ACC
Old 04-15-2008, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (matmcg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by matmcg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">try to start the car up , then check the engine code and tell us what it is giving off, if you dont know how to do this place a paper clip to bridge the ecu and put the car to ACC</TD></TR></TABLE>

i know how to do it....i have no CEL
Old 04-15-2008, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

oh , well that makes things much more difficult, so your spark Plug wires are fine, but have you checked the spark plugs them self?
Old 04-15-2008, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Car wont start, i have spark and fuel (GrnZ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GrnZ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My 94 RS has fuel and spark and it wont start . timing belt is fine. I was driving and the car just started to seem sluggish , misfiring. Parked and now it wont start. It has spark for sure as i pulled the plug out and layed it onto valve cover ground and im able to see the arc. As far as fuel the plugs are getting soaked , and i removed the bolt of the fuel filter and turned the key and gas shoots out. Why wont my car start? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Take the timing belt cover off and make sure your belt didn't slip a few teeth on the gears. Make sure all is lined up and put a timing light on it.

When you attempt to start it, does it ever sound like it "wants" to start but it just won't stay running?

How do you know? what are the numbers for each cylinder?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GrnZ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes it has compression. iacv is humming any ideas? Would a bad iacv make the car not start?</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mouab18c1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my b18c1 has the same issue...i need help guys..i re did my timing because my marks wouldnt line up using a timing gun...and after that the car just wont start....i have spark and fuel.....help me </TD></TR></TABLE>

And you're positive your timing is not 180 degrees out? Double check or have someone else check. I've made this mistake before.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (matmcg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by matmcg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh , well that makes things much more difficult, so your spark Plug wires are fine, but have you checked the spark plugs them self?</TD></TR></TABLE>

my spark plugs look fine...but i dont know i just re did my ignition timing and it still wont start....<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SuzukaBlueAP2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

When you attempt to start it, does it ever sound like it "wants" to start but it just won't stay running?

How do you know? what are the numbers for each cylinder?

And you're positive your timing is not 180 degrees out? Double check or have someone else check. I've made this mistake before.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i doubled checked and my timing marks seem good....never really had a problem re adjusting my timing belt but this time its giving me headahces...
Old 04-16-2008, 01:39 PM

If the plugs are fuel fouled, pull the ECT (Engine Coolant Temp. Sensor) connector and jump it with a paper clip. No, it wont fry the ECM it will just think the engine temp is at 280 deg +. Hold the throttle wide open ( puts the ECM in Clear Flood Mode and turns off injectors) and crank it. If it starts, keep the throttle open until it cleans out and let back to idle slowly. If it runs at that point, you probaly have a shorted ECT. If you have a manual for it, it should give you a temp to ohm table for the ECT. Cehck the ambient temp. Then with a multimeter, check the sensor with the ohmeter, if it falls outside of that range you got a bad ECT. Another problem it could have is the fuel return being restricted. Also if you have an Adj. FPR, the pressure could be off and too high. Now you pulled all the plugs and checked them all for spark right ? Good luck !
Old 04-24-2008, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Anorin)

getting fuel would it still mean that my injectors are fouled out even with no CEL?
Old 12-30-2008, 10:32 PM

Default Re: Car wont start, i have spark and fuel

My car wont also start. One night commuted from work farther than usual and drove the engine hard a bit. Parked it. Next morning it wont start.

There is spark, fuel on the plugs, rotor inside dizzy cap turns, cam gears line up, timing belt is tight, but theres one thing. I just did a compression test and the results are weird.

stock gsr swap with intake and exhaust in a 94 hatch

psi from dizzy to right cyls

140 , 125 , 175 , 150

some of them took more than a couple cranks to reach the max psi

175 was alot quicker than the others.

please help. only car i have.

i will also check the main relay.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:55 AM

Default Re: Car wont start, i have spark and fuel

bump