Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Car won't start

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car won't start

1999 Acura Integra LS 5spd

I really need help. I thought I fixed the problem last week with a known working dizzy but then its happening again.

Here's the issue:

Sometimes the car won't start. When I try starting the car, I can hear the fuel prime, all power works, and the starter click. Other than that no cranks. No CEL. The car starts up on push start.

Here's what I've done, replaced the starter 3 times. The old ones worked fined on my cousin's integra. Replaced the dizzy. Replaced the alternator. Tested the battery. Checked all grounds.

Can anyone help? Thanks
Old 01-24-2011, 06:09 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Car won't start

If engine is not cranking, [starter motor not working] it has nothing to do with dizzy or alt., the problem is the starter circuit.

Start by doing a bypass jump, use a jumper to supply power directly to the starter motor solenoid control terminal, [smaller of the two leads on starter] unplug the lead, and jump power from the batt. or the batt. terminal on starter to the control terminal.

CAUTION, make sure car is not in gear and set the hand brake, engine WILL CRANK even if in gear and ign. is off.

If bypass jump works, you will need to check the starting circuit, [ign. switch, CIS, starter relay and wiring]. 94
Old 01-24-2011, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Car won't start

Originally Posted by fcm
If engine is not cranking, [starter motor not working] it has nothing to do with dizzy or alt., the problem is the starter circuit.

Start by doing a bypass jump, use a jumper to supply power directly to the starter motor solenoid control terminal, [smaller of the two leads on starter] unplug the lead, and jump power from the batt. or the batt. terminal on starter to the control terminal.

CAUTION, make sure car is not in gear and set the hand brake, engine WILL CRANK even if in gear and ign. is off.

If bypass jump works, you will need to check the starting circuit, [ign. switch, CIS, starter relay and wiring]. 94