Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Car starts up, but immediatly shuts off????

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car starts up, but immediatly shuts off????

Hi, I seem to be having a problem, it just start happening 2 days ago. It always start up fine during the cold and recently the warmer weather too. The car start fine and I drove it to the store. After leaving the store, I start up the car, it will start up, but immediatly shuts off, rpm just drop dead, But right before the car die, you can feel it's not getting air or fuel, after couple try it will fire up and I drove home like nothing happen. Next day the car did the same thing. After couple try it will start fine. I change the spark plug, and IAVC, still nothing. Forgot to add the car is also turbo, if that matters or not.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:21 PM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Car starts up, but immediatly shuts off???? (Tenji)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tenji &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hi, I seem to be having a problem, it just start happening 2 days ago. It always start up fine during the cold and recently the warmer weather too. The car start fine and I drove it to the store. After leaving the store, I start up the car, it will start up, but immediatly shuts off, rpm just drop dead, But right before the car die, you can feel it's not getting air or fuel, after couple try it will fire up and I drove home like nothing happen. Next day the car did the same thing. After couple try it will start fine. I change the spark plug, and IAVC, still nothing. Forgot to add the car is also turbo, if that matters or not.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I know you said it was fine in cold and in hot, but do you notice a tendency in when it's real hot?

Also when this happens do you hear the fuel pump priming..?

If not it's most likely the PGM-FI Main Relay.. which controls if the fuel pump kicks on/off.

Hondas are notorious for the main relays to go out in the summer.. The joints in the relay get dry and crack.. They can be fixed, by removing the relay and pulling the cover and and re soldiering the dry joints.

Scroll down to about the middle of the page and there is a write up on it..

https://honda-tech.com/zero...ge=12
Old 05-01-2008, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Car starts up, but immediatly shuts off???? (Tenji)

yea dude im going through the same thing right now a ive had the car looked at by a few people the have all said the main relay