Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Car cutting off

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car cutting off

TIA

While driving today on the freeway going about 80, my car cut off and when i pressed the accelerator it didn't respond. I was cruising in the far right lane (about 20 mph) while trying to restart the engine. Finally it starts again and i get off at the next exit.

I ask someone where is the nearest gas station, (i was very low on fuel and it had been reading empty yesterday) and i fill up. I pretty sure i was cuttin it too close because i put 13.5 gallons in the tank. Well after that i started towards work again, with no problems from the car. About ten minutes later the same thing happened again. I pulled off the next exit and went in the parkin lot (during all this i'm givin it gas in second gear tryin to keep moving) and shut her down.

I turn it off and wait i couple minutes not knowing what the problem is. I reset the ecu (about the only thing i can do myself) just to try something. The problem was while in neutral the car wouldn't rev past 3k it would get there and make a loud whining noise while not increasing (while my foot was on the gas) but pulling the throttle cable it would rev freely.

When trying to go anywhere in first gear, it would do the same thing as in neutral and would eventually studder. I actually got on my knees and prayed as i didn't know what else to do. After getting off the phone with work tellin them i'm not goin to make it, i pull my triple A card out and get ready to call a tow trunk. I try one last time and she starts up with no hestitation. I gun it a few times and find that it is going past 3k. I circle the parking lot once, then again switching to second gear and it seems as everything is fine. I get back on the street and then on the highway back to my house. I amazed i made it home, but my question is whats going on with my car. I was thinking that it's either the battery, alternator or maybe the fuel system.

If you have any ideas who to help me your help will be appreciated. Thanks for reading and TIA for any help.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:07 PM
Daisy... Daisy...

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Car cutting off (fridayfred3p)

You may have sucked debris into your fuel filter.
Old 12-30-2005, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for the reply, i'll probably change it tomorrow. bump for more info
Old 12-31-2005, 07:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump
Old 12-31-2005, 08:40 AM

id say something with the distributor....prob advanced or retarded.