Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

can i use walbro 255 with stock ecu/motor

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can i use walbro 255 with stock ecu/motor

like title says, switching back to n/a, was turbo. fuel system all stock besides pump
Old 03-28-2010, 02:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: can i use walbro 255 with stock ecu/motor

should be able to why wouldnt u?
Old 03-28-2010, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

u should.
the ecu is that one that controls the fuel injection system
Old 03-28-2010, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Ruben19
u should.
the ecu is that one that controls the fuel injection system
well duh but the ecu is tuned to privide fuel based off of stock fuel pressure.. that pump will raise fuel pressure so im just wondering if its goin to be to much that the ecu cant compensate, im kinda looking for the actual facts or someone thats done it b4 i guess
Old 03-28-2010, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have done it twice and i didnt notice anything on gas milage or anything.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It will make the car run richer due to the pressure of the fuel pump.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First of all, without other mods, there's really no point to upgrading the fuel pump...so what are your other mods going to be?...Next, if you're going to upgrade the fuel pump, you should upgrade the injectors (440CC injectors from a DSM work great)...the size injectors should be based on how much power you're looking to make...unless your car is turbo, you shouldn't need anything bigger than 440CC...also, add an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator, and maybe even a better fuel rail; Otherwise, what's the point? Lastly, a tune would be in your best interest because the stock ECU is obviously programmed for the stock set-up...you could probably make it work if you adjusted the fuel pressure, and tampered with the idle yourself, but I wouldn't recommend it.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:24 AM
Man U FTW

You'll be fine...there will be more fuel flow, but the majority of it will simply recirculate back into the tank. The rail pressure will be the same as stock, unless your FPR is messed up...
Old 03-29-2010, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by WDG_729_ITR
First of all, without other mods, there's really no point to upgrading the fuel pump...so what are your other mods going to be?...Next, if you're going to upgrade the fuel pump, you should upgrade the injectors (440CC injectors from a DSM work great)...the size injectors should be based on how much power you're looking to make...unless your car is turbo, you shouldn't need anything bigger than 440CC...also, add an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator, and maybe even a better fuel rail; Otherwise, what's the point? Lastly, a tune would be in your best interest because the stock ECU is obviously programmed for the stock set-up...you could probably make it work if you adjusted the fuel pressure, and tampered with the idle yourself, but I wouldn't recommend it.
Seriously?! The OP posted a single sentence and you couldn't be bothered to read it before posting a paragraph?!

1. He's not upgrading, he's downgrading. He WAS turbo.

2. Why the hell would you recommend he buy bigger injectors just because he has an aftermarket fuel pump?!

You really need to NOT refer that the OP do anything until YOU have more info on what he has, what he's doing and what his goals are.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:28 AM
Man U FTW

Read the first post and re-think this post. He already stated his situation. By the way, theres no need for an aftermarket FPR or Fuel Rail UNLESS he was making big power (500+whp). Keep that in mind and you might save yourself, or someone else, a little money

Again, you're fine with the Walbro and everything back to stock.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ I not sure, we had a couple of customers that we put back to stock and we left the walbro hp pump and they would run rich. Plugs would go after a month or so. And this was on a stock reg. But hey, if it works..... Less work. We if you do end up running rich you could allways switch that and see.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:22 PM
Man U FTW

On my first turbo setup, i got my Walbro and was a little too excited to work on my car...so i installed the pump. I ran it on my completely bone-stock GSR for about 3 months before installing the rest of my setup. Don't take my word as fact...i'm sure there are instances where the FPR cannot completely account for the additional fuel and the car then runs rich...From what i've seen though, a Walbro on a stock car that doesn't have any other issues, shouldn't have a problem
Old 03-29-2010, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by FuNkDrSpOt
Seriously?! The OP posted a single sentence and you couldn't be bothered to read it before posting a paragraph?!

1. He's not upgrading, he's downgrading. He WAS turbo.

2. Why the hell would you recommend he buy bigger injectors just because he has an aftermarket fuel pump?!

You really need to NOT refer that the OP do anything until YOU have more info on what he has, what he's doing and what his goals are.
Right, but what would the point be in running an aftermarket fuel pump if you're downgrading to stock? This questions has probably been answered before anyway, and the answer could have been found with a little research...
Old 03-29-2010, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Schister66
Read the first post and re-think this post. He already stated his situation. By the way, theres no need for an aftermarket FPR or Fuel Rail UNLESS he was making big power (500+whp). Keep that in mind and you might save yourself, or someone else, a little money

Again, you're fine with the Walbro and everything back to stock.
No point to having a Walbro 255 when everything else is stock...but ok.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Right, but what would the point be in running an aftermarket fuel pump if you're downgrading to stock? This questions has probably been answered before anyway, and the answer could have been found with a little research...
He already has the fuel pump IN!!!!!!!!! He probably doesnt want to go out and buy a stock one and have to install it.

Think a little before you post...
Old 03-29-2010, 04:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I was trying to make a point that without other mods, a Walbro 255 isn't necessary...if the object is to downgrade, revert to the factory fuel pump too...common sense.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by gsrauto98
He already has the fuel pump IN!!!!!!!!! He probably doesnt want to go out and buy a stock one and have to install it.

Think a little before you post...
He should still have it unless he got rid of it, or bought the car with the 255 already in it. Personally, I would rather revert to the stock one and install it than potentially run rich....
Old 03-29-2010, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

He should still have it unless he got rid of it, or bought the car with the 255 already in it. Personally, I would rather revert to the stock one and install it than potentially run rich....
OMG... He was asking If there is any problem to run the walbro on stock setup. WHY would he buy a stock one if there would me no difference? I dont think he will run rich. My brother had a hatch with stock B18c5 and a walbro 255, And he was running just fine....
Old 03-29-2010, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have a 255 in my car. no other fuel mods i have NO! problem being rich at all. i have a wide band in my car it stays at 14.6 all day till i get on it and i will go to 13.9.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mafia
OMG... He was asking If there is any problem to run the walbro on stock setup. WHY would he buy a stock one if there would me no difference? I dont think he will run rich. My brother had a hatch with stock B18c5 and a walbro 255, And he was running just fine....
I'm well aware of what he was asking, thanks...and note I said "potentially run rich," meaning he may or may not, and that personally, i'd just revert to the stock fuel pump. Would anyone else like to take trivial matters to the next level?--seems everyone else likes to.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 1993-eg1
i have a 255 in my car. no other fuel mods i have NO! problem being rich at all. i have a wide band in my car it stays at 14.6 all day till i get on it and i will go to 13.9.
There's your answer. Case closed.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:30 AM
Trial User

I'm running a 255 Walbro on my stock NA LS and I'm running extremely rich black smoke from exhaust and fouling plugs gonna change the FPR and see if it helps
Old 02-04-2013, 06:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

in my experience with a 255 the stock regulator can't return enough fuel to keep the pressure down. it'll be fine once it goes into closed loop, but in open loop it will run rich.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:03 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Been running a Holly 255 in my 94 RS for more then 10 years, added an adjustable FPR when I added the 75shot ZEX system so I could turn the pressure up when I autocross, [spray] I have absolutly no problems, [running rich]

If the FPR is working properly there will be no problem. 94
Old 02-04-2013, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Maybe my FPR or something else was acting up, but when I ran the Walbro 255 on the stock ECU n/a, I would get P0172 (Rich fuel trim) at idle. I ended up swapping it out with stock for smog.

Quick Reply: can i use walbro 255 with stock ecu/motor