Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Acura Integra (https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-integra-6/)
-   -   Cam seal oil leak, B18B Integra (https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-integra-6/cam-seal-oil-leak-b18b-integra-2663853/)

DDTECH 10-16-2009 06:53 AM

Re: Cam seal oil leak, B18B Integra

Originally Posted by TegRr (Post 40311449)
LOL! I totally agree with this guy.
Do you see Honda putting hondabond on any seals on the motor? Nooooo. If your using good parts and the surface is good you shouldn't have to use hondabond on brand new seals. Then it's just a bandage. Just a little oil so they don't tear during the install. Yes, you see hondabonds on surfaces that has two mating parts like on the valve cover.

Are you a retard?
Not only do i build/tune these cars on the sides, but i was a "honda" tech for a few months, until I started to go into the police academy, in tech school they taught us how to use "hondabond" correctly.. get serious dude, look at BRAND new motors.. they have hondabond w/e gasket is.. its a sealent..

Spawne32 10-16-2009 07:47 AM

again, i repeat, do not use hondabond on the cam seal

senser1080 10-16-2009 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Spawne32 (Post 40311876)
can you pinpoint a location as to where its coming from? if its leaking from the cam cap seal then you will know it, cus it will look like this...

http://i39.tinypic.com/25i4u12.jpg

Yep, exactly like that. I replaced with the metal one.

ROFL @ some people. I'm not dumb enough to use hondabond on the cam seal. Also, the oil leak is worse than that, it's leaking from the VC gasket too which, I'm gonna replace once I get out of class.

On a side note, what's that screw/nipple thingy in the hole where the radiator hose goes into?
My car just has a threaded hole there.

Spawne32 10-16-2009 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by senser1080 (Post 40315930)
Yep, exactly like that. I replaced with the metal one.

ROFL @ some people. I'm not dumb enough to use hondabond on the cam seal. Also, the oil leak is worse than that, it's leaking from the VC gasket too which, I'm gonna replace once I get out of class.

On a side note, what's that screw/nipple thingy in the hole where the radiator hose goes into?

not sure what the nipple is in that picture, not my car, but on a side note, you did use an ebay cam seal, so its possible it wasnt machined right and isnt a perfect fit causing some oil to slip past, i do highly recommend using the password jdm version or blox version, they work much better then the OEM seals.

follie gatts 10-16-2009 10:38 AM

the golden eagle cam seal fixed my leak, but it does sound like your VC gasket is bad.

senser1080 10-16-2009 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Spawne32 (Post 40315981)
not sure what the nipple is in that picture, not my car, but on a side note, you did use an ebay cam seal, so its possible it wasnt machined right and isnt a perfect fit causing some oil to slip past, i do highly recommend using the password jdm version or blox version, they work much better then the OEM seals.

Yep. I used the cheapest metal cam seal from ebay. A slight lesson learned!

TegRr 10-16-2009 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by senser1080 (Post 40315930)

That is used to purge the air out when you replace your coolant.

TegRr 10-16-2009 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by ALL M0T0R (Post 40314529)
Are you a retard?
Not only do i build/tune these cars on the sides, but i was a "honda" tech for a few months, until I started to go into the police academy, in tech school they taught us how to use "hondabond" correctly.. get serious dude, look at BRAND new motors.. they have hondabond w/e gasket is.. its a sealent..

LOL! Now we're calling names. This is just too funny. WOW!
See now it makes sense....my tech school didn't have a Hondabond class. My bad!!!
If you like to Hondabond everything then that's you. Don't start calling people names just 'cause they don't do what you do.
I've always used Honda seals and never had any issues w/o using sealant where it doesn't need it.
Let's not compare our car resume. Let's just say I work on Hondas as a living.

twentyhurtz 11-11-2009 12:36 PM

personal experience, used skunk2 cam seal. oiled up 3 o-rings, worked it in there, no leaks... picked all the hondabond out where the oem plastic one resided, did not re-use hondabond- not opposed to it though, but the skunk2 seal worked perfect, $25 shipped on ebay.

senser1080 07-09-2010 04:55 PM

bump. It's fixed but I still got oil leaking onto my header/exhaust mani and it burns it and smells bad.

jaqattack02 03-27-2011 02:34 PM

I just want to find out if anyone knows what aftermarket cam seals fit the B18B. I have a 94 LS with a B18B in it and I was going to get a Skunk2 cam seal for it, but I noticed on JHPs website it says specifically "Incompatible with B18A/B18B engines." Which one's fit the B18B?

Here's the page where it says that:
http://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewP...idcategory=352

L.D. built 11-27-2013 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by senser1080 (Post 40296739)
So I recently replaced my dinky plastic, and leaking cam seal cap, with an eBay metal one with two o-rings. I torqued things down properly and still I leak MORE oil than I did before.

It's leaking onto my transmission, block, in between the last two ports of my exhaust manifold, and, spraying onto my distributor.

Any ideas?

The prob must be the ebay cam seal and/or you didn't clean the bore right, I have a b18b and bought a BWR cam seal, cleand the bore, lubed the cam seal with silicone grease and placed it in, torqued it w/ little leverage and 3 months later revving 7100 every day NO LEAKS! For the future always buy oem or oem plus

kyden 11-27-2013 11:07 AM

lol there's nothing wrong with using hondabond along with the cam seal. All my friends that work at Honda/acura use it all the time. No one wants a comeback.