Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

a/c belt

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 12:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a/c belt

how hard is it put the a/c belt on a gsr?
Old 08-31-2004, 03:58 PM

Default Re: a/c belt (WhiteGSR95)

its hard to put anytype of belts on a honda unless you got a lift.
Old 08-31-2004, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Re: a/c belt (iwannaboostmyteg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iwannaboostmyteg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its hard to put anytype of belts on a honda unless you got a lift.</TD></TR></TABLE>

hahaha funny, I changed my alternator belt once w/o even getting underneath the car. It was really hot that day, my car parked on the asphalt apartment parking lot, and I was determined to not have to lift the car and get underneath.

You do have to get under the car to change the A/C belt, but it's still not that hard. You have to loosen the P/S pump and remove that belt from the crank pulley, loosen the A/C tensioner pulley, remove the A/C belt from the crank pulley, and then remove the bolts from the lower driver side engine mount (the one that goes on the A/C compressor bracket). After you remove the bolts, you have to work the belt between the engine mount and frame to get it off. Slip the new one back in between the mount and frame in the same manner, and then reverse everything. Buy a Haynes or Helm's manual if you don't have any repair manuals to see how to tension everything and get it tightened up.
Old 08-31-2004, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: a/c belt (PatrickGSR94)

not hard at all- just a few easily acessible nuts and bolts
Old 09-01-2004, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: a/c belt (PatrickGSR94)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PatrickGSR94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

hahaha funny, I changed my alternator belt once w/o even getting underneath the car. It was really hot that day, my car parked on the asphalt apartment parking lot, and I was determined to not have to lift the car and get underneath.

You do have to get under the car to change the A/C belt, but it's still not that hard. You have to loosen the P/S pump and remove that belt from the crank pulley, loosen the A/C tensioner pulley, remove the A/C belt from the crank pulley, and then remove the bolts from the lower driver side engine mount (the one that goes on the A/C compressor bracket). After you remove the bolts, you have to work the belt between the engine mount and frame to get it off. Slip the new one back in between the mount and frame in the same manner, and then reverse everything. Buy a Haynes or Helm's manual if you don't have any repair manuals to see how to tension everything and get it tightened up.</TD></TR></TABLE>

cool i dont have the helms manual but i do have shop key and all data