Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Bypassing IACV & FITV Coolant Lines

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 05:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bypassing IACV & FITV Coolant Lines

Is anyone/has anyone done this? I'm planning on bypassing both the IACV & FITV coolant lines on my GSR swap. Therefore, my idle adjustments will be made solely by adjusting the idle adjustment screw on the TB. Here is what it is going to look like:

Basically, I'm going to run a new/longer hose (pictured above in red) that goes from the IM to the barb on the water pipe. I am not deleting the IACV by unplugging it or de-pinning it from the harness. I'm simply going to keep it plugged-in and bypass the coolant lines connected to it. Also, I want to block off each valve:

FITV - Make solid gasket & place it in-between the valve and the TB. Also, fabricate a rectangular piece of metal with three holes to replace the valve (for cosmetic reasons.)

IACV - Drill & Tap ports on IM and instal pipe plugs. Make solid gasket & place it in-between the valve and the IM. Electrical connector will remain untouched/plugged-in.

Will this set-up be okay for a daily driven car? Also, I live in California so cold weather starts will not be an issue and I will not be running A/C or PS. Any input will be greatly appreciated!

(Cooling system diagram taken from here.)
Old 06-21-2011, 05:45 PM
Daisy... Daisy...

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Bypassing IACV & FITV Coolant Lines

You can bypass the coolant lines as they only help in winter. Bypassing the lines will not affect how the idle is set.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here is what I have done so far:

These things will later be painted black to match my IM. The engine these parts belong to is soon to be swapped into my Civic so it is not installed yet.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Motor is in and the IACV & FITV coolant bypass is a success! What I ended up doing was placing a solid gasket between the throttle body and the FITV delete plate:

I had also made a gasket to go between the IACV and the IM but it was not needed:

I did not place anything between the bottom of the IACV and its delete plate. Coolant only passes in and out of the bottom; therefore, the "delete plate" is not necessary and you can simply just leave it off if so desired:

Finished product:

Initially, I had a solid gasket between both the IACV and the FITV but I removed the one I had made for the IACV. The car was idling really low and removing it helped out. Now, the idle fluctuates slightly on start up but it no longer idles low. After the car is warmed up, the fluctuation is gone and the idle is perfect. (Note: the IACV sensor is still intact/connected, only the coolant lines going through it were bypassed.)
Old 06-12-2013, 09:36 AM
I'm not Rick!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

bump i made these plates too. used crome and disabled iacv completely and upped idle rpm. totaly blocked off iacv from mani
Old 11-18-2013, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice, what is the part # for the thicker u bend hose that comes out of the intake manifold, underneath the throttle body, and connects to the back of block by the thermostat? Mine has a tear in it and I went out to an auto parts store to try to match one as best as possible but it's not an exact fit. Is it a hose originally taken off of the heater set up? If it's oem that would be easier for me to find. Thanks in advace!