Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Brake Pad ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Pad ?

What if i forgot to put these on the new brake pads when i changed my brake pads?

Its the plate that goes on the back of the outer pads
Old 09-22-2006, 07:04 PM
Daisy... Daisy...

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Brake Pad ? (Spectrum24x)

You'll most likely have brake noise.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Brake Pad ? (Dogginator)

It wont tear anything up though?
Old 09-22-2006, 07:20 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Spectrum24x &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It wont tear anything up though?</TD></TR></TABLE>

it shouldnt, its just to prevent noise...(dont quote me though )
Old 09-22-2006, 07:24 PM
Daisy... Daisy...

Default Re: Brake Pad ? (cosmokramer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cosmokramer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

it shouldnt, its just to prevent noise...(dont quote me though )</TD></TR></TABLE>

You have been quoted. I must agree. It it is the front pads, you can easily install the shims with minimal work.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dogginator &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You have been quoted. I must agree. It it is the front pads, you can easily install the shims with minimal work.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok, well the only noise i heard was coming from the rear, and it was constant, no extra noise when on the brakes, so i think its my rear wheel bearings..
Old 09-22-2006, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok, since this is a brake question thing, when Im going 80 MPH on the freeway, i push the brakes and my steering wheel shakes, until it reaches mayb 60 MPH, I think the rotors may be warped is this true? Also my brake pads are worn too, so is it suppose to make a kkkrrrr noise? Is that normal?
Old 09-22-2006, 07:44 PM
Daisy... Daisy...

Default Re: Brake Pad ? (4drlsintegra)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4drlsintegra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok, since this is a brake question thing, when Im going 80 MPH on the freeway, i push the brakes and my steering wheel shakes, until it reaches mayb 60 MPH, I think the rotors may be warped is this true? Also my brake pads are worn too, so is it suppose to make a kkkrrrr noise? Is that normal?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Rotors typically do not warp despite the common myth. Check your hub flanges for rust and debris. The rears on Integras typically have problems.<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Spectrum24x &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ok, well the only noise i heard was coming from the rear, and it was constant, no extra noise when on the brakes, so i think its my rear wheel bearings..
</TD></TR></TABLE>

What type of noise? You can check the wheel bearings by lifting the car and shaking the wheels up and down and then left to right.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dogginator &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
What type of noise? You can check the wheel bearings by lifting the car and shaking the wheels up and down and then left to right.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Its a constantly squealing, whether im braking or not..
Old 09-22-2006, 09:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rotors typically do not warp despite the common myth. Check your hub flanges for rust and debris. The rears on Integras typically have problems.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Eh, I am going to have to disagree.

Throw a warped rotor on a brake lathe, and notice the cutting pattern on the rotor itself. I promise you, you WILL see it.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Spectrum24x &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Its a constantly squealing, whether im braking or not.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Sounds like you have either a caliper sticking, or the return springs on the pads are malfunctioning.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

those things help pads from moving. and jam.

and dont 4get to put clips that goes on front. if you dont have it, pad will locked
Old 09-23-2006, 04:38 AM
Daisy... Daisy...

Default Re: Brake Pad ? (.Red.EM2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .Red.EM2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Eh, I am going to have to disagree.

Throw a warped rotor on a brake lathe, and notice the cutting pattern on the rotor itself. I promise you, you WILL see it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If the mating surface of the rotor has debris or corrosion, this will induce runout in the rotor which is perceived as warpage. In reality, the rotor just isn't mounted flush on the wheel hub or the rotor lathe. Runout will cause the rotor lathe to cut your rotor: the cut will target one side of the rotor, not evenly distributed high spots.

Read this:

StopTech: The "Warped" Brake Disc and Other Myths of the Braking System
Old 09-23-2006, 05:41 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dogginator &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If the mating surface of the rotor has debris or corrosion, this will induce runout in the rotor which is perceived as warpage. In reality, the rotor just isn't mounted flush on the wheel hub or the rotor lathe. Runout will cause the rotor lathe to cut your rotor: the cut will target one side of the rotor, not evenly distributed high spots.

Read this:

StopTech: The "Warped" Brake Disc and Other Myths of the Braking System</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was going to call you out on this, but after reading that It appears ive been wrong in my thinking the whole time.

This happened with my Ex-girlfriends car and the honda mechanic showed me how the rotor was warped, he cleaned it and you could see how the rotor was very different in its shape in some areas and it actually refracted light different in those areas,but after reading that stoptech write up that makes alot of sense.