Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Battery relocation diagram inside questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 02:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery relocation diagram inside questions

I'm relocating my battery to the trunk of my integra. I took my integra apart months ago and forgot the layout of the electrical of what connects to the battery etc. So here I have a diagram of what I think connects how and I have a picture of different wires connected to my battery. I just need confirmation really.

So here in this picture I label everything. Does the starter connect to the fuse box? Or does it connect directly to the battery. Mainly, is the alternator wire and starter wire correct or is it the other way around

And this is just basically a schematic. When I do the battery relocation I just plan on extending all wires, using 0gauge for the alternator to the battery since I'll be upgrading my alternator to a High output alternator and I'll be running a separate wire to the fusebox using 4gauge in, and 4gauge out to the starter.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Battery relocation diagram inside questions

Really depends on how you are going to set this up

The alternator goes to your fuse box and not straight to the battery. The alternator is fused in the fuse box. Do not go straight to the battery with the alternator unless its fused.

The only wires that come off the battery 12volt post is 12volt hot that goes straight to the starter and 12 volts hot that goes straight to the abs unit. also the fused output from the fuse box to charge the battery. This same wire also provides battery to the car.

If you need help I have a skim that I did for a member.

also you do not need 0ga wire for the alternator. Over kill unless you are running a big sound system. Especially when all your other power leads are 4ga

Your pics diagram is wrong.

alternator to fuse box-you labled it starter
starter big wire from the battery post to the starter-blue tape one-you labled it alternator
Old 12-03-2009, 04:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm going to have a big system in the car (2500rms of power). Thats why I'm using 0ga from alternator to the battery. I would like to get the most current from the alternator to the battery. With this in mind, if you can, please do make the diagram over. I would highly appreciate it. Thanks.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hope you know the factory alternator is not going to provide enough current or amps to run a 2500 watts rms system. Its only 90 amps if best. Your going to need to have a custom alternator that about 175 amps to make this work.And atleast 2 good batteries. If you ditch the ac you can make a dual alternator setup. Please list your audio equipment and speakers so I can help you better. Make and model of everything.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I know my audio pretty well. I do plan to have a custom alternator built. 0gauge wiring. Odyssey 2150 battery. And if this battery doesn't suffice I'll add another.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it is not hard i ran one wire from my battery to my fuse box i used 4 gauge wire and i also used 4 gauge wire for my ground as well if you want i will take as many pictures of it completed as i can as long as you keep in mind the car is a work is progress and when i bought it it was pretty well beatin